Shop at Home Store Calendar and offers - September 2013

TheDarkness

The LEGO store at Fashion Place in Utah opens on Friday September 20th. This is just the soft opening with the grand opening TBA so I don't think there will be the giveaways other than the September promos (though with it being so close to October we may get lucky and have both months) The store is going to be located kitty corner from Brookstone in the ****&M/ Crate and Barrel wing of the mall. I can't wait!

I may try this:

3 Mandalorian Speeders + 1 keychain (to exceed $75).

Get one VW Mini Camper

Get one Clone Trooper Lieutenant

Part out the figs and polys:

$7.99 each (BIN) on eBay for the two Clone Super Commandos (x6)

$12.99 (BIN) for Darth Maul on chopsticks (says my 3 year old) (x3)

$5.99 (BIN) for the Mandolorian Speeder (x3)

$12.99 (BIN) for the VW (x1)

$19.99 (BIN) for the Clone Trooper Lieutenant

$2.99 (BIN) for keychain

Total investment: $78 + tax

Total gross return (not including eBay/Paypal fees): $140

These sales prices may not be what you get for the parted out figs, but they're based upon sold comps on eBay, so they're close.  No good comps were available for the Clone Trooper Lieutenant or Mini VW.

I imagine the VW mini will got for at least $15-20!

Even better!  That's the beauty of the part out plan - the polys become the cherry on the sundae, so to speak...

You can use any part-out set with this plan, but I think the Mandalorian Speeder is the best priced SW set that fetches a good price for the figs.

I may try this:

3 Mandalorian Speeders + 1 keychain (to exceed $75).

Get one VW Mini Camper

Get one Clone Trooper Lieutenant

Part out the figs and polys:

$7.99 each (BIN) on eBay for the two Clone Super Commandos (x6)

$12.99 (BIN) for Darth Maul on chopsticks (says my 3 year old) (x3)

$5.99 (BIN) for the Mandolorian Speeder (x3)

$12.99 (BIN) for the VW (x1)

$19.99 (BIN) for the Clone Trooper Lieutenant

$2.99 (BIN) for keychain

Total investment: $78 + tax

Total gross return (not including eBay/Paypal fees): $140

These sales prices may not be what you get for the parted out figs, but they're based upon sold comps on eBay, so they're close.  No good comps were available for the Clone Trooper Lieutenant or Mini VW.

This is a better one then - I thought you just had to buy one thing star wars.

Has anyone ever tried to buy multiple orders in an actual Lego store to get extra exclusives? Will they let you?

I'm going to try to order from the US site and have it sent to a mailbox across the border. Might try this:

Rancor Pit - $59.99 (to keep)

Droid Escape - $19.99 (to sell)

Clone Trooper (~$20 value)

VW Mini (~$15 value)

+ tax

+ $3.50 - 7 mail holding fee

+ $1.05 exchange rate.

Total about $95 Canadian. Selling everything aside from Rancor Pit, I think I still come up ahead with a decently discounted set!!

Then back in Canada when the grand opening celebration hits and depending on what the minimum purchase is, I might do:

Millennium Falcon - $179.99

+ tax

+ Clone Trooper (~$20 value)

+ VW mini (~$15 value)

+ Lego Store model (~$50 value, assuming this is what is given out - a picture is shown on the calendar)

$201.59 after tax, if I sell everything, I should be able to get the falcon for a steep discount (for Canadian price).

Has anyone ever tried to buy multiple orders in an actual Lego store to get extra exclusives? Will they let you?

It really depends on how good (or bad) the clerk is.  I've been allowed and denied at the same Lego Store trying to get multiple polys on large orders.  I bought a TB + a couple Speedorz for my son once and they wouldn't budge on a second PB, yet I bought two B-Wings (May the 4th) and the guy threw in a couple Hoth Hans.  It really is hit or miss.

I think most will allow you to split orders if you can make two greater than $50/$75, although I saw one person (at the same LS) get shot down by the manager for trying this.  Needless to say, I didn't press my luck when it was my turn in line...

"List it and they will buy...." :P

-Field of Bricks

(Kudos if you get both puns.)

"If you build it they will come"

Field of Dreams

(set in Dyersville, IA)

"People will come Ray, people will come."

"Luke, I am your father"

- James Earl Jones

• Like 1

Which do you think is a better set to part out:

6866 Wolverine's Chopper Showdown
6867 Loki's Cosmic Cube Escape
76004 Spiderman Spider-cycle Chase
76006 Iron Man Extremis sea port battle
9470 Shelob Attacks
9490 Droid Escape

They are all priced at 19.99, and they all seem to contain really good minifigs. Just trying to decide what to pair up with my Rancor Pit to bring my total to over $75.

9470 Shelob Attacks

9490 Droid Escape

They are all priced at 19.99, and they all seem to contain really good minifigs. Just trying to decide what to pair up with my Rancor Pit to bring my total to over $75.

Wow, that is a toughie. Hmm.... From best to worst, here is just my general opinion.

(I am not an expert of parting out sets so please keep that in mind.)

(1.) Wolverine's Showdown - three great minfigures, awesome chopper

(2.) Droid Escape - the two Sandtroopers are cool, C-3PO and R2-D2 are the classic Star Wars duo

(3.) Spiderman's Spider-cycle Chase - Venom....that is all

(4.) Iron Man Extremis Sea Port Battle - War Machine all the way, kind of a tie with above set

(5.) Shelob Attacks - Samwise and possibly Gollum, feel rather iffy on this

(6.) Loki's Cosmic Cube Escape - ....nothing really exclusive here, nice vehicle and parts though

• Like 1

Thanks, it's always good to hear other's opinions! I was also leaning toward the Wolverine set because...it's Wolverine. And who doesn't like a helicoptor. I'm sure I can sell that on Craigslist by itself if I need to. I was looking through ebay listings, and it doesn't seem to be selling for that much anymore, I guess it's been out for a while.

Might try two separate orders one with Wolverine and one with droid escape.

I think the official policy is no. Sometimes you can find a nice employee though that will hook you up.

Quacs: like the Mandalorian speeders idea, on my experiment I was thinking of those...what do you think of the corp alliance tank droid? Jango Fett and that clone are pretty solid.

9470 Shelob Attacks

9490 Droid Escape

I think 6866 is safest...the minifigs will get you right around $20 after fees. War Machine might be the single best figure so that would be #2. Then spidey...I like the other sets but feel like you'd struggle to break even.

I think the official policy is no. Sometimes you can find a nice employee though that will hook you up.

Quacs: like the Mandalorian speeders idea, on my experiment I was thinking of those...what do you think of the corp alliance tank droid? Jango Fett and that clone are pretty solid.

I like this one - mostly because the Tank droid is an awesome set for army building. Great piece to part out as well as the minis

I placed Droid Escape second only because I have seen separate listings where the two Sandtroopers were sold as a pair and another with C-3PO and R2-D2 together and both were going for almost as much as the set retail itself. Not too shabby I think, and I've seen Droid Escape on discount here and there like this week selling for $12 I believe.

I placed Droid Escape second only because I have seen separate listings where the two Sandtroopers were sold as a pair and another with C-3PO and R2-D2 together and both were going for almost as much as the set retail itself. Not too shabby I think, and I've seen Droid Escape on discount here and there like this week selling for $12 I believe.

Good point...and $20 isn't much more then a battle pack anyways. A lot of 6 stormtroopers might be solid. To be honest breaking even on the Star Wars portion is my goal....hope to make my money with the polybags.

When I submitted the review the other day, bricklink prices were

Name Past 6 Month Avg (SOLD) Currently Selling (AVG)

Wolverine $7.33 $8.45

Magneto $4.95 $7.13

Deadpool $5.28 $6.88

Going by the sold listings, the three minifigures total $17.56, with the current asking prices totalling $22.46. As those are bricklink prices, I would imagine that ebay prices would possibly be higher.