Shop at Home Store Calendar and offers - September 2013

TheDarkness

What will be the best sets to get to reach the goal?

Hmm last month it was all orc forges, this month I didn't participate besides the crawler.

I will probably just go another Haunted house because I don't mind paying retail for it.

One I think will be a really good set is Duel on Genosis. I would pay retail for it (I have gift cards to TRU though so I am waiting for a sale there so it at least gets down to retail. lol)

What will be the best sets to get to reach the goal?

I've been perusing the Star Wars offerings trying to determine the answer myself. I think Sept and Oct will be "Star Wars" buying months for me for sure - two LEGO Shop at Home freebies for every $75+, plus all those lovely VIP points,  is a good deal in my book.

Fortunately the Star Wars offerings are so plentiful I can look like a Star Wars fangirl (I'll wear my I :heart: Han Solo shirt whilst I order, in case Lego has finished installing those see-thru-the-internet cameras they're working on... ) and not a :::shudder::: reseller.

• Like 2

Totally. Other people earn more money to get a fancier car or bigger house but me, give me my Lego! :hyper:

Cars and houses are overrated.

You could just buy a 8070 if you want a sweet ride or a 5891 if you want a house. Hell, you could even buy a 7346 if you'd like your house on the beach xD!

• Like 2

Really like the mini van, but not bothered about the SW figure.

Been meaning to buy the big camper van for a while, but can definately wait till Setember now.

Will buy one (or two) for sure and possibly Sopwith Camel (separately to get more mini's if that's how it works).

Any update on retire dates for these (to save another forum search).

Anyone else think that the mini van is a tactic for Lego to clear out the big camper from stock quicker (assuming people will link the 2)?

I think that 9499 could do the full trick here.

3/4 minifigs are exclusive, Amidala is going for $20+ and both Obi-Wan and Qui-Gon are going for close to $10.

I have been eyeing this set for a while and now, well, a month from now, could be the time to jump in.

Anyone else think that the mini van is a tactic for Lego to clear out the big camper from stock quicker (assuming people will link the 2)?

I think it's more about drumming up attention to the larger set. I don't think they are in any big hurry to "clear out" these VW's as I think they are counting on a good amount of AFOL purchases. If anything, the attention that the freebie generates might bring some people who have sentimental feelings for the VW out of the dark ages and get them to buy the larger set. 

If anybody wants to sell a Clone Trooper Lieutenant after it is released on LEGO Shop at Home, I would be willing to buy it if the price is right. I'm not planning on making any LEGO Shop at Home purchases in September or October at the moment. (That might change.)

Same... I am also interested in the Mini van for the right price.

2 funhouses is a good way to get the van. That will be one of my several orders.

I already have 1 and would like to add some more but I have some other sets in my priority queue right now.

I'd go with the Gungan Sub or even the Millennium Falcon to get both polybags but there's a big difference between their LEGO Shop at Home prices and Amazon.es's prices.

<tears>Sadness tears flood my keyboard.</tears>