Are fruitcakes running rampant on eBay lately? Selling, buying, listing, feedback, etc...

jaisonline

18 hours ago, Lego Lass said:

Just had to deal with a similar situation today. I tried calling the eBay customer service number, but got an automated response saying they no longer take calls (at least not on the line I tried). Everything is automated and live chat via the website now. If you go to your seller page, and click on help and contact….just keep scrolling until you get to your issue or go all the way to the bottom of the page and hit "contact us". You'll have to chat with the automated assistant for a minute, but eventually you'll get the option to chat with a live agent. I waited less than a minute, and had my feedback removed in about 5 minutes. I actually like this new option better than the crazy long phone wait times.

P.S. You may want to have more than one browser open, because they will ask you for the item number and your username and the buyer's username. I tried navigating all this on my cell, and managed to accidentally disconnect from the chat (but the problem got resolved with the information I had previously provided). Good luck!

Thanks, just got home from work... tried to chat function and got this...

Sorry xxxxx, live support's currently unavailable.

It's 6pm EST.  So I will try later.  It used to be a number for them call you back, can't find that either.  It's like they make customer service so hard to reach.

• Confused 1

8 hours ago, yyyybird said:

anyone know how to send a new invoice after refund the buyer on ebay? The initial payment is made via ebay managed payments. Previously we can send a new invoice from paypal. but now no longer has access to the buyer's paypal information. 

Lately, when someone decided to keep something I had issued a refund for already, I just got their email address and sent it through PayPal. It was totally off of EBay. Can't you just ask for their PayPal address? 

2 hours ago, Brystheguy said:

Lately, when someone decided to keep something I had issued a refund for already, I just got their email address and sent it through PayPal. It was totally off of EBay. Can't you just ask for their PayPal address? 

through ebay message? I thought ebay bot will censor paypal information? since they will not get their share

Long story short, the package was stuck at one Usps facility for more than 12 days. buyer asked for refund so I did. now after 1 month, it is delivered. I asked the buyer if he is willing to keep it and pay. He agrees, now I need find a way to send another invoice or maybe relist as a new item? Any suggestions? Many thanks

1 hour ago, yyyybird said:

through ebay message? I thought ebay bot will censor paypal information? since they will not get their share

Long story short, the package was stuck at one Usps facility for more than 12 days. buyer asked for refund so I did. now after 1 month, it is delivered. I asked the buyer if he is willing to keep it and pay. He agrees, now I need find a way to send another invoice or maybe relist as a new item? Any suggestions? Many thanks

I had a similar issue last year.  Luckily paypal had the sellers email which I saved. Now I notice, you can't see emails anymore.  You could try sending an image with your paypal info. 

2 hours ago, yyyybird said:

I had one earlier this month. This buyer is nice enough and ask how he can pay for it again. So, I re-list it but change the title to incomplete/for parts so no one else would buy it. I let this buyer knows i will mark it shipped after receiving his/her (re-)payment.

(Yes, EBAY buyers are kinder and nicer compare to those Amazon buyers. Maybe this buyer action is typical, normal human actions but my view of human kindness has been tainted by Amazon scammers)

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, zmnnch said:

I had one earlier this month. This buyer is nice enough and ask how he can pay for it again. So, I re-list it but change the title to incomplete/for parts so no one else would buy it. I let this buyer knows i will mark it shipped after receiving his/her (re-)payment.

(Yes, EBAY buyers are kinder and nicer compare to those Amazon buyers. Maybe this buyer action is typical, normal human actions but my view of human kindness has been tainted by Amazon scammers)

I feel like eBay is more “personal” so (most) buyers are more likely to do the right thing, while on Amazon buyers may feel they are dealing with a gigantic company that is always willing to eat the cost to make them happy (even when in reality is just another person much like eBay) 

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...

Bought a large lot of minifigures.  Listing mentioned that it should all be authentic Lego.  Started going through it today and find 8 fake figures within minutes.  Some of them a decent value if real (e.g. Deadpool).  Email seller saying hey not what I expected.  Seller challenging me to return it and almost insinuating that he will accept return once he knows I didn't keep anything.  Really?  (I even included pictures, so he would know the concerns were legitimate.)

So I did another quick pass - found a few more fakes, and I'm suspicious of a lot of loose SW trooper helmets - either don't see a Lego mark or a "C" in interior.  I don't have the patience or eyesight to check every last part.

So for my question...I take it I file a SNAD so that seller is on hook for return shipping?  He shipped without signature - it was well over $500.  How am I protected on the return shipment?  I can see so many ways I could get screwed in this - outside of the fact that eBay usually favors the buyer.  Appreciate anyone's guidance/wisdom.

Edited by trstnkn

14 minutes ago, trstnkn said:

Bought a large lot of minifigures.  Listing mentioned that it should all be authentic Lego.  Started going through it today and find 8 fake figures within minutes.  Some of them a decent value if real (e.g. Deadpool).  Email seller saying hey not what I expected.  Seller challenging me to return it and almost insinuating that he will accept return once he knows I didn't keep anything.  Really?  (I even included pictures, so he would know the concerns were legitimate.)

So I did another quick pass - found a few more fakes, and I'm suspicious of a lot of loose SW trooper helmets - either don't see a Lego mark or a "C" in interior.  I don't have the patience or eyesight to check every last part.

So for my question...I take it I file a SNAD so that seller is on hook for return shipping?  He shipped without signature - it was well over $500.  How am I protected on the return shipment?  I can see so many ways I could get screwed in this - outside of the fact that eBay usually favors the buyer.  Appreciate anyone's guidance/wisdom.

File SNAD return the entire lot and give negative feedback and make sure to leave "sells counterfeit minifigures". 

Edited by stackables
  • Like 1

Sorry to hear about your issue trstnkn. 

*knock on wood* I've never been in your situation, but I have a question for all. Does taking picutres of everything before you ship it back to the seller help in any way? It's one thing to take pictures, but it seems that doesn't prove that you actually shipped it all back. 

3 minutes ago, oneknightr said:

Sorry to hear about your issue trstnkn. 

*knock on wood* I've never been in your situation, but I have a question for all. Does taking picutres of everything before you ship it back to the seller help in any way? It's one thing to take pictures, but it seems that doesn't prove that you actually shipped it all back. 

They will just look at if the package was delivered to the correct address.  You hear people taking pictures and recording video.  Ebay most likely won't even look at those, waste of time.  

• Thanks 1

44 minutes ago, Darth_Raichu said:

Woke up to 3 emails:

- 1st: Buyer asked me to ship item ASAP because it is for Valentines
- 2nd: 5 minutes later reminding me to ship ASAP
- 3rd: Cancellation request for the above order.  Reason: Found better price

I just want to wish good luck to the poor sap who got her order :P

I have just sold about $9,000 of Lego on Ebay starting since early November of last year.

I ran into a couple whack jobs as well.  I also continually run into weird private messages or "offers" and what not.  I also had one high bidder stiff me for payment.

In short, I think with Lego, you are dealing with a ton more kids than you think you are as your buyers or potential buyers...and kids do stupid things.

I also buy and sell a ton of plastic injection model kits on Ebay, and that market is entirely different.  It's mostly middle aged men (if not exclusively) buying and selling those, and you don't get any whack jobs at all.  Prompt payment, no weird PMs, no weird requests, much easier crowd to deal with. 

The kid factor with Lego is one of the downsides of selling this stuff IMO.

• 2 weeks later...

Is eBay still making concessions for slow USPS deliveries?  I had a buyer let me know their item did not arrive by the guaranteed delivery date.  It's at about 10 days now and will probably get delivered on Monday but of course it was for a birthday etc. etc.  I think they're angling for a discount since they still want it, which I won't offer.  I'm just curious if eBay is still removing negative feedback if it comes to that.

I looked and it had traveled through PA, every time that I've had a package take a while, outside this recent slowdown, it went through PA.

Is eBay still making concessions for slow USPS deliveries?  I had a buyer let me know their item did not arrive by the guaranteed delivery date.  It's at about 10 days now and will probably get delivered on Monday but of course it was for a birthday etc. etc.  I think they're angling for a discount since they still want it, which I won't offer.  I'm just curious if eBay is still removing negative feedback if it comes to that.
I looked and it had traveled through PA, every time that I've had a package take a while, outside this recent slowdown, it went through PA.

Maybe . . . Looks like you’d have to invoke the latest winter storm https://community.ebay.com/t5/Announcements/UPDATE-Seller-Protections-for-shipping-delays-from-storms-across/ba-p/31627227
  • Like 1

Bah, I finally got my first one of these.  Set was purchased directly from Lego so I strongly doubt the claim.  The weird thing is the guy has like 400+ feedback, I didn't expect that.

80105 New Year Temple Fair

"This is obviously a fake. I have been building it for the past hour, and there are so many pieces missing. I would like a complete refund. I will return the set to you— I have opened 2 bags. It is a piece of junk! I will address this with eBay if this is not resolved properly."

6 minutes ago, Jessekidd13 said:

Bah, I finally got my first one of these.  Set was purchased directly from Lego so I strongly doubt the claim.  The weird thing is the guy has like 400+ feedback, I didn't expect that.

80105 New Year Temple Fair

"This is obviously a fake. I have been building it for the past hour, and there are so many pieces missing. I would like a complete refund. I will return the set to you— I have opened 2 bags. It is a piece of junk! I will address this with eBay if this is not resolved properly."

should be straight forward to sort out.

he can send you pics of bricks up close to support "fake" accusation

no matter what, he only opened 2 bags so if he sends the rest to you unopened...you should be able to assess for yourself....LEGO customer service is your friend.

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, Pseudoty said:

I built this set and had a similar experience had multiple pieces missing most I had in stock. I had to order the missing yellow frog from lego. I think I complained about the lack of quality control in the what set did you build today thread but @fuzzy_bricksjust noticed my cassette deck 😂

Thanks guys, I hate that my first instinct is to assume it's some sort of scam. 

Pseudoty, I'm sure you said something helpful, but I can't stop looking at the grain on that table.