Are fruitcakes running rampant on eBay lately? Selling, buying, listing, feedback, etc...

jaisonline

Bro, I was shipping baseballs internationally and was able to climb my way up to to Mr. Fredrick's Personal Executives, this was in Fall of 2018 so this info MIGHT be outdated but it is worth a shot

Dear Customer:

I am writing in response to your correspondence to Frederick W. Smith.  I would like to have the opportunity to speak with you personally to address your concerns.  

Please give me a call at your earliest convenience to further discuss. I can be reached at 901-369-3600, option 0.  I am available from 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. Central Standard Time.

Thank you for bringing your concerns to our attention.  I look forward to hearing from you soon.

Regards,
Tanya Lawrence
Executive Management Assistant

Well dang! I may have to give this a try! Thx

51 minutes ago, thelovemachine said:

Quick Q;

So i refunded money for a set from Dec 2nd that was delivered to the buyer today.  The buyer asks to ship it back.  HOw does one go about doing that?  There's doesn't appear to be a way for me to generate a return label on that sale

Sorry I don't have the answer, but you could just generate one in PirateShip or PayPal to send them, perhaps?

• Like 1

7 hours ago, thelovemachine said:

Quick Q;

So i refunded money for a set from Dec 2nd that was delivered to the buyer today.  The buyer asks to ship it back.  HOw does one go about doing that?  There's doesn't appear to be a way for me to generate a return label on that sale

"Refused - Return To Sender"

6 minutes ago, KShine said:

Negative left "BAD...still waiting for my order".

I had no idea of any issue at all, and the tracking shows that the address was wrong, and the package is being returned to me.

Apparently, I am now stuck with this negative?

You should be able to contact support and request for removal based on they provided the address which was apparently wrong.  Assuming you created the label through eBay's label generator.

You could pre-emptively contact the buyer and see if they can confirm their address with you.  That way you can double check that all your ducks were in a row.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, thelovemachine said:

Quick Q;

2 hours ago, KShine said:

"Refused - Return To Sender"

Just to add to this.  The package can be refused and returned as long as it has not been opened by buyer.  If buyer opened the package then your only option is to purchase a new postage via Paypal/Pirateship/other carriers.

• Like 1

Just to add to this.  The package can be refused and returned as long as it has not been opened by buyer.  If buyer opened the package then your only option is to purchase a new postage via Paypal/Pirateship/other carriers.

I asked two buyers to do this and they both came through. I couldn’t believe the packages actually arrived on my doorstop.
  • Like 4

I got a vero listing removal on an ebay listing.  It is for an MOC set I created and have sold for 4 years, selling 50-100 units/year.  I have a handful of other sets I have made that are still listed.  MOCs on ebay represents <2% of my annual sales so if I have to shut down that business or move it to something Etsy that's ok, it's just cool to know that I could create saleable Lego sets :)  The title was: Lego Custom MOC xxxxxxx.  Here's what I got from ebay...

We had to remove your listing because it didn’t follow our VeRO Brand Name Misuse Policy. You may not use brands names in your listings if the product isn’t manufactured by or compatible with that brand. 

What is the policy

- Your listing was reported by LEGO Juris A/S for using their brand name inappropriately. eBay’s Verified Rights Owner (VeRO) program offers intellectual property owner(s) a way to report listings that they believe infringe on their rights
- Brand names cannot be used in listings if the product isn’t manufactured by, or compatible with, that brand. You may use "compatible with", "fits", or "for" before a brand name, if the item described is specifically designed to be compatible with the products of that brand
-- Using a trademark owner's logos without permission is not allowed.
- If you believe a mistake has been made, you will need to contact the rights owner directly. If the rights owner approves your appeal, please have them contact us directly to reinstate your listing(s)

You can send an email to: xxxxxxxx

So, what's a guy to do? It appears that I didn't violate the letter of the law but I'm certainly not going to take this up with TLG's legal team lol.  Do I keep the other MOC sets on ebay and add "compatible"?  Or take them down to avoid more claims?  What are the pitfalls for my (and anyone else's) ebay business selling new or used Lego sets?  The only other post I saw on this was a week ago after a 4-year vero silence.  Thanks!!!

1 hour ago, FM said:

I got a vero listing removal on an ebay listing.  It is for an MOC set I created and have sold for 4 years, selling 50-100 units/year.  I have a handful of other sets I have made that are still listed.  MOCs on ebay represents <2% of my annual sales so if I have to shut down that business or move it to something Etsy that's ok, it's just cool to know that I could create saleable Lego sets :)  The title was: Lego Custom MOC xxxxxxx.  Here's what I got from ebay...

We had to remove your listing because it didn’t follow our VeRO Brand Name Misuse Policy. You may not use brands names in your listings if the product isn’t manufactured by or compatible with that brand. 

What is the policy

- Your listing was reported by LEGO Juris A/S for using their brand name inappropriately. eBay’s Verified Rights Owner (VeRO) program offers intellectual property owner(s) a way to report listings that they believe infringe on their rights
- Brand names cannot be used in listings if the product isn’t manufactured by, or compatible with, that brand. You may use "compatible with", "fits", or "for" before a brand name, if the item described is specifically designed to be compatible with the products of that brand
- If you believe a mistake has been made, you will need to contact the rights owner directly. If the rights owner approves your appeal, please have them contact us directly to reinstate your listing(s)

So, what's a guy to do? It appears that I didn't violate the letter of the law but I'm certainly not going to take this up with TLG's legal team lol.  Do I keep the other MOC sets on ebay and add "compatible"?  Or take them down to avoid more claims?  What are the pitfalls for my (and anyone else's) ebay business selling new or used Lego sets?  The only other post I saw on this was a week ago after a 4-year vero silence.  Thanks!!!

What was the MOC of?  Maybe LEGO is coming out with their own version of your MOC.

I got a vero listing removal on an ebay listing.  It is for an MOC set I created and have sold for 4 years, selling 50-100 units/year.  I have a handful of other sets I have made that are still listed.  MOCs on ebay represents

What is the policy - Your listing was reported by LEGO Juris A/S for using their brand name inappropriately. eBay’s Verified Rights Owner (VeRO) program offers intellectual property owner(s) a way to report listings that they believe infringe on their rights

I would think you would be able to title it:

Custom MOC xxxxxx, using authentic Lego Bricks.

That way Lego is still in the title. If you just put the Lego brand name first like you had it, it could be construed as produced by Lego.
  • Like 3

What was the MOC of?  Maybe LEGO is coming out with their own version of your MOC.
The MOCs are of city accessories with an emphasis on realism (studless). The ironic thing is that prior to this I was thinking about grouping them and making an IDEAS submission.
  • Like 1

27 minutes ago, zaphoid said:

Just sold a Nebulon-B on eBay to an international buyer that just signed up today.  But, since its going Global Shipping Program, off it goes.

how much? chronic undercutter amazon seller PFT loves to keep the price down on this one.  highest i've managed to sell one for is $104 fbm.

2 minutes ago, cladner said:

how much? chronic undercutter amazon seller PFT loves to keep the price down on this one.  highest i've managed to sell one for is $104 fbm.

$120, which is the top end of what they sell for right now.  Prices sold are between 80-125.  I'm not in a hurry so I'll bump my price on the next one.

• Thanks 1

21 minutes ago, zaphoid said:

$120, which is the top end of what they sell for right now.  Prices sold are between 80-125.  I'm not in a hurry so I'll bump my price on the next one.

interesting - might be time to pull a reverse toycentric - fulfilling ebay orders with PFT's $99  fbm dropship stock - 😂

• Like 1

Quick Q:

Everyday is another first.

SO i have a guy who left negative feedback in spanish "no me llego' which means he didn't get it.

Tracking shows delivered.  He had me send it to some fwd shipper address weird place.

Do I call ebay or use their online system https://www.ebay.com/sellerhelp/feedback/action

Haven't had to deal with this before... so asking those who know better.  Thx

Quick Q:
SO i have a guy who left negative feedback in spanish "no me llego' which means he didn't get it.
Tracking shows delivered.  He had me send it to some fwd shipper address weird place.
Do I call ebay or use their online system https://www.ebay.com/sellerhelp/feedback/action

I believe that if you provide Ebay tracking info showing delivery to the address that they provided then Ebay should remove the negative.

21 minutes ago, Shortbus311 said:
1 hour ago, thelovemachine said:
Quick Q:

I believe that if you provide Ebay tracking info showing delivery to the address that they provided then Ebay should remove the negative.

Would you recommend calling ebay or doing through online?

2 hours ago, thelovemachine said:

Would you recommend calling ebay or doing through online?

Just had to deal with a similar situation today. I tried calling the eBay customer service number, but got an automated response saying they no longer take calls (at least not on the line I tried). Everything is automated and live chat via the website now. If you go to your seller page, and click on help and contact….just keep scrolling until you get to your issue or go all the way to the bottom of the page and hit "contact us". You'll have to chat with the automated assistant for a minute, but eventually you'll get the option to chat with a live agent. I waited less than a minute, and had my feedback removed in about 5 minutes. I actually like this new option better than the crazy long phone wait times.

P.S. You may want to have more than one browser open, because they will ask you for the item number and your username and the buyer's username. I tried navigating all this on my cell, and managed to accidentally disconnect from the chat (but the problem got resolved with the information I had previously provided). Good luck!

• Like 1