Are fruitcakes running rampant on eBay lately? Selling, buying, listing, feedback, etc...

jaisonline

13 minutes ago, RightDwigt said:

Cue the flood of "Will you take $xxx for this item and will it arrive before Christmas!?" eBay messages. :) 

I haven't given buyers an inkling of hope, they should know better especially this year. I always say the best I can do is ship same day and use UPS instead of USPS. Many delayed orders but so far all buyers have been super accommodating and understanding. Just overcommunicate and as long as the Karen's are avoided we'll all turn out alright!

I ended all my listings a couple days ago as I don't want to deal with that. I'll put them all back up after Christmas when there is no expectation that it makes it for any specific date. I feel happy with what I sold so didn't feel the need to get in more sales and risk having upset customers due to something out of my control. 

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, Brystheguy said:

I ended all my listings a couple days ago as I don't want to deal with that. I'll put them all back up after Christmas when there is no expectation that it makes it for any specific date. I feel happy with what I sold so didn't feel the need to get in more sales and risk having upset customers due to something out of my control. 

This.  My store is now in vacation mode until the 28th.  I've got about 20 USPS packages still outstanding, all of them Priority Mail.  The last of them shipped on the 14th.  I figure there's a 50/50 chance of them making it in time.

Edited by zaphoid
  • Like 1

If it wasn't shipped a week or more ago it is not getting there.  First class  letter from MI to NC sent on 11/29 got there yesterday.  Unless they are paying you to drive it from point A to point B for door to door delivery the shipping system is not getting it there before Christmas.  

I should've switched to the UPS or FedEx options a lot sooner, but never expected USPS to be THIS bad. So many sets that got their acceptance scan but didn't depart the post office for a few days and/or have been in transit for over a week. Several newbie buyers citing the "guaranteed delivery" date on the listing (Why, eBay?!? Why?!?). A couple of sales where the buyer panicked and asked for a refund only for the package to finally pop up in tracking a day or two later and now I've been waiting weeks for the refused package to return. The lines are so long, I end up putting my packages at the pre-paid counter and then they never get scanned making it look like I've never mailed it. I should know better, but those lines out the door and to the main road are a little off-putting when you're making a dash to the post office between Zoom meetings. I completely agree with the above posts that it's time to end my listings until after Christmas when AFOLs might be buying the stuff they didn't get for Christmas.

20 minutes ago, ravenb99 said:

It's depressing. We shutdown our store earlier this week; should have shut it down earlier. The worst areas for us are in Pennsylvania (partially due to Winter Storm Gail). Luckily, customers are patient (so far), but won't be next week.

Check out the trucks in the backup:

Detroit: https://www.facebook.com/groups/302095707173527/permalink/676551349727959/

Western MA: https://www.wwlp.com/news/local-news/hampden-county/postal-service-trucks-backed-up-outside-bulk-mail-facility-in-springfield/

Cleveland: https://www.wkyc.com/article/news/local/cleveland/usps-delays-this-holiday-season/95-4db41989-7ae9-478a-b544-b64015472859

Philadelphia: https://www.inquirer.com/business/usps-package-tracking-delays-philadelphia-christmas-2020-20201218.html

Baltimore: https://www.wbaltv.com/article/continuous-mail-problems-leads-to-more-shipping-delays/34964930

I think we're going to have to a bunch of upset customers who won't get orders by Christmas despite ordering & shipping >2 weeks before Christmas. Ugh.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2
  • Sad 2

41 minutes ago, g3man said:

It's depressing. We shutdown our store earlier this week; should have shut it down earlier. The worst areas for us are in Pennsylvania (partially due to Winter Storm Gail). Luckily, customers are patient (so far), but won't be next week.

Check out the trucks in the backup:

Detroit: https://www.facebook.com/groups/302095707173527/permalink/676551349727959/

Western MA: https://www.wwlp.com/news/local-news/hampden-county/postal-service-trucks-backed-up-outside-bulk-mail-facility-in-springfield/

Cleveland: https://www.wkyc.com/article/news/local/cleveland/usps-delays-this-holiday-season/95-4db41989-7ae9-478a-b544-b64015472859

Philadelphia: https://www.inquirer.com/business/usps-package-tracking-delays-philadelphia-christmas-2020-20201218.html

Baltimore: https://www.wbaltv.com/article/continuous-mail-problems-leads-to-more-shipping-delays/34964930

I think we're going to have to a bunch of upset customers who won't get orders by Christmas despite ordering & shipping >2 weeks before Christmas. Ugh.

watching that first vid for a few seconds I was like holy cow!!!...and I realize how long the vid was...oh CRAP!

Got this message for return. I replied can't issue return until received or returned. and explaiend reason for delay.

There's something wrong with the item your buyer's received, so they'd like to return it.Please take action by Dec 28.
Info from the buyer

Reason

Doesn't work or defective

Comments

Still waiting and never get my item, I want for Christmas no for new year thanks. I need my refund please

I have a buyer who claimed he didn't receive his item that USPS tracking showed as delivered few weeks ago. What do I do?
Yep, as long as tracking says that it was delivered you are good. Ebay will take your side. I would just ignore the buyer until they make a official claim through Ebay then refuse the refund and provide Ebay with the tracking number showing that it was delivered... case closed, no money out of your pocket, and if the buyer leaves negative feedback saying that it wasn't delivered then Ebay should remove it for you.
  • Like 1

Ok so I was on the other end of not receiving my package from an eBay purchase. A item says it was delivered yesterday but not to me. It was a small item that says was left in my box. I did not even bother reaching out to the seller because I know how that goes if it says it’s delivered it’s not on them.  has anybody had an issue and able to find a package after it says it was delivered but it was not. I’m sure it was delivered to someone else but I don’t see how even the postman would know who he gave it to by accident. Just seeing if anyone has had success finding their package and how you did it. Thank you 

24 minutes ago, Mgip21 said:

Ok so I was on the other end of not receiving my package from an eBay purchase. A item says it was delivered yesterday but not to me. It was a small item that says was left in my box. I did not even bother reaching out to the seller because I know how that goes if it says it’s delivered it’s not on them.  has anybody had an issue and able to find a package after it says it was delivered but it was not. I’m sure it was delivered to someone else but I don’t see how even the postman would know who he gave it to by accident. Just seeing if anyone has had success finding their package and how you did it. Thank you 

If you have a neighborhood facebook page (or something similar) you could ask there. Also, there are occasions where a postal person ends the day (before finishing deliveries), and the tracking can get mis stated - if that is the case, you would likely get the package today.

• Thanks 1

26 minutes ago, Mgip21 said:

Actually it will be on the seller if there is no signature confirmation. Make a pp claim or just let it go if it's cheap.

Maybe one of your neighbors will drop it off in the next few days. I had that occur before. 

• Thanks 1

Actually it will be on the seller if there is no signature confirmation. Make a pp claim or just let it go if it's cheap.
Maybe one of your neighbors will drop it off in the next few days. I had that occur before. 
I forgot about PayPal requiring sellers get signature confirmation for protection.

So, I wonder how that would work with Ebay managed payments now? Ebay doesn't require signature confirmation as far as I know.

What if a buyer says that they didn't receive it even though tracking shows delivered to correct address. They open a Ebay case, Ebay sides with the seller. Unhappy with the resolution, and since they paid with PayPal, they open a PayPal case and PayPal sides with them. Who is out the money? Buyer, seller, Ebay or PayPal?