Are fruitcakes running rampant on eBay lately? Selling, buying, listing, feedback, etc...

jaisonline

4 minutes ago, Fcbarcelona101 said:

While we have always been paying a processing fee on tax (whether with PayPal then or Ebay now). The final value fee, what used to be the 10% portion, was not applied to sales tax previously and it is now under Managed Payments.

I see what you're talking about now. 

I have a spreadsheet pre-MP and post-MP.  I ran my recent sales through the old spreadsheet and there is definitely a difference. 

In one case I lost $.04 on a $669 + shipping sale.  On another case I made $.10 for a $175 + shipping sale.  However, if the buyer is from a state with no taxes then we're making money, which my spreadsheet confirmed.  On the recent sales with no taxes received I profited over a $1 more than I would have received if still going through Paypal.

After posting all my recent sales in both spreadsheets I gained a whole $.37 over pre-MP.  I had two sales to non-online sales tax states in the USA.  If I take out those two sales, I would have ended up with greater than a $2 loss as compared to pre-MP.

This is lame of eBay.  Thank you for pointing this out.

• Thanks 1

The average rate was carefully calculated to come in just lower than what they would have been previously.

But the holds on funds for every real/unreal event, is just terrible. I always appreciated that paypal would allow access to those funds. It gave me that "We know your history, we trust you, and we got your back". This new ebay holding of funds gives me a "We don't care about you, and we will screw you, just because we can" kinda vibe.

Hopefully ebay will start considering the goodwill aspect of things. In the long run, showing trust/support for their sellers would be a net plus for them.

Edited by KShine
  • Like 2

Need some advice from a buyer POV. Bought a set from a reputable seller with 99.6% feedback and a few thousand sales. Set used stock photos but was described in very good condition. It’s a fairly collectible set at this point. Set came in box of almost exactly the same measurements without any protection to the set and probably 5 times as tall. Set has creasing and a fold at the top now. 

I don’t think it was described or shipped very well. I reached out for an amicable solution before I request a return or leave negative feedback. Should I just chalk it up as a loss and ensure I ask for photos next time? Or ask for some money off? I would be willing to keep the set if that’s how this person would proceed. 

Need some advice from a buyer POV. Bought a set from a reputable seller with 99.6% feedback and a few thousand sales. Set used stock photos but was described in very good condition. It’s a fairly collectible set at this point. Set came in box of almost exactly the same measurements without any protection to the set and probably 5 times as tall. Set has creasing and a fold at the top now. 

I don’t think it was described or shipped very well. I reached out for an amicable solution before I request a return or leave negative feedback. Should I just chalk it up as a loss and ensure I ask for photos next time? Or ask for some money off? I would be willing to keep the set if that’s how this person would proceed. 

If they used stock photos, how can you be sure that it has dressing and a fold at top “now”?

I’d say chalk it up to experience. You took a risk not having photos to look at. I assume the set probably cost less than other similar sets?

2 hours ago, MotorCityMuscle said:

If it was a great deal regardless, just leave it alone. If the damage is worth x less (and you would be willing to  return it), and wouldn't have purchased the set had you known the condition, contact the buyer, mentioning that the set was damaged in transit. Say that you are considering opening a return request, but would consider keeping it for a partial refund instead.

11 hours ago, MotorCityMuscle said:

Appreciate the feedback on this one ya’ll. Got a decent deal on it so may just chalk this one up as a lesson for the future. 

Even if you are happy with the price, if it's clear the seller packaged this in a neglectful manner, message and tell them.

Any advice would be appreciated.

I sold a $220 set on Dec 4th that is still in transit.  Buyer opened a case and ebay closed it with full refund.

I didn't see it not delivered as i was looking at last 31 days of shipping.  This was a set sent priority mail.  Today I did a missing mail claim on usps site.  I stated to return set to me.  What other options do I have?  

Another cost of business with shipping delayed like nuts.?  Do I appeal if they receive the item?  Would a priority mail claim cover $220?

Edited by thelovemachine

53 minutes ago, thelovemachine said:

Any advice would be appreciated.

I sold a $220 set on Dec 4th that is still in transit.  Buyer opened a case and ebay closed it with full refund.

I didn't see it not delivered as i was looking at last 31 days of shipping.  This was a set sent priority mail.  Today I did a missing mail claim on usps site.  I stated to return set to me.  What other options do I have?  

Another cost of business with shipping delayed like nuts.?  Do I appeal if they receive the item?  Would a priority mail claim cover $220?

Contact eBay when it is delivered. eBay just ate a full refund where my item was delivered late and buyer demanded a refund anyway. I just told the buyer, “sorry, packages are late systemwide. Please be patient and thank you for your understanding.” Buyer kept case open with eBay and asked eBay to step in, eBay provided refund to buyer and released hold on my funds.

• Like 1

This is a new one. 0 feedback buyer sent me the following message on a $169 listing I parked high when others sell for around $100. Already blocked him. 

I’m interested i buying this set. But since i recently got scammed. I want to take precautions. So can you do me a favor. Please take a picture of the set with a paper stating the following:

“Karl-Andreas 7/01/21”

I would appreciate it alot, and then i will pay by PayPal after.

Best regards, Karl-Andreas.

• Haha 1

51 minutes ago, Phil B said:

For the record, the correct way to do dates is yyyymmdd, because that sorts the same chronologically as well as alphabetically.

This is the way I store all files.  Then I force everyone I work with to do the same thing.  They all resist at first but eventually, they see the light. lol

• Like 5

Sooo.... somewhere along the way I became ignorant to the fact that FedEx took away their money back guarantee for FedEx shipments (I am small scale comparatively and only ship through eBay and didn’t see any disclaimers about it until
I went to FedEx.com today)

I have a buyer who bought a set and paid the $132 fedex overnight to California. I shipped on dec 22nd and they needed it to arrive the 27th (very gracious). Certain it would arrive by then I shipped it. Well it arrived the 29th....

Is there any way to get my $132 back from FedEx or am I SOL. I have spent 1+ hrs going around in circles wing FedEx customer service today on the phone without even taking to a human in the billing dept.

TIA

2 hours ago, stuco191 said:

Sooo.... somewhere along the way I became ignorant to the fact that FedEx took away their money back guarantee for FedEx shipments (I am small scale comparatively and only ship through eBay and didn’t see any disclaimers about it until
I went to FedEx.com today)

I have a buyer who bought a set and paid the $132 fedex overnight to California. I shipped on dec 22nd and they needed it to arrive the 27th (very gracious). Certain it would arrive by then I shipped it. Well it arrived the 29th....

Is there any way to get my $132 back from FedEx or am I SOL. I have spent 1+ hrs going around in circles wing FedEx customer service today on the phone emoji2357.png without even taking to a human in the billing dept.

TIA

Bro, I was shipping baseballs internationally and was able to climb my way up to to Mr. Fredrick's Personal Executives, this was in Fall of 2018 so this info MIGHT be outdated but it is worth a shot

Dear Customer:

I am writing in response to your correspondence to Frederick W. Smith.  I would like to have the opportunity to speak with you personally to address your concerns.  

Please give me a call at your earliest convenience to further discuss. I can be reached at 901-369-3600, option 0.  I am available from 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. Central Standard Time.

Thank you for bringing your concerns to our attention.  I look forward to hearing from you soon.

Regards,
Tanya Lawrence
Executive Management Assistant

• Like 1