Are fruitcakes running rampant on eBay lately? Selling, buying, listing, feedback, etc...

jaisonline

2 minutes ago, fuzzy_bricks said:

Going to post office to pick something up sucks.  The time this happened to me they wanted to collect at the door, of course you have to be home for that to happen.

The second point wears me out though, I don't like it when sellers do that.  They could have scheduled a pickup and got this thing in the mail sooner. 

Well it is Thanksgiving week.  Maybe I will just not leave feedback.  He does have perfect feedback. Just still confused how someone could make that weight mistake.  Not like he put 2 oz which would make sense if he meant 2 lbs.  But the price of the postage should have been a red flag.  Why did this large package of zip lock bags cost $3 ha.

13 minutes ago, stackables said:

You guys must be very forgiving bunch.  Maybe because I am a buyer not a seller :)

That may be true. Easier to empathize with sellers as "life happens" sometimes.

I don't believe I've left a negative since a seller claimed their "dad worked for the FBI" then after the return was complete threated to mail me a bag of used marital aids.

Edited by brickvoyeur
  • Like 2
  • Haha 3

17 hours ago, brickvoyeur said:

That may be true. Easier to empathize with sellers as "life happens" sometimes.

I don't believe I've left a negative since a seller claimed their "dad worked for the FBI" then after the return was complete threated to mail me a bag of used marital aids.

You do realize you just self-nominated for the "Best of Brickpicker" thread, right?  Those will be going in that thread this week.

On 11/18/2020 at 11:40 AM, c4dreams said:

Definitely just cancel the orders. Otherwise, it will be more of a headache when one of them tries to do a return. I don't like auctions anyway, and I'd bet that if you list both items as buy it now, you'll get a higher sale price then you got for the auctions

I totally Agree. 99% of the time I do buy it now auctions. This was just a little clearance I was doing for fun (auction style).  Sometimes the actual auctions are fun. I like my phone buzzing uncontrollably for a week. 

Buyer is claiming these seals were opened and that I deceived them. Is there any shred of doubt from anyone here and a good reason why there is any way these seals could still look this perfect and have been opened, possibly as a return, considering how quickly I had to ****** these sets from the Lego store as they got them in stock? Thanks for your input everyone. I am basically currently telling this buyer I am willing to gamble a thousand dollars that these have never been opened, lol. These are the three pictures they sent me...

open1.jpg

open2.jpg

open3.jpg

Edited by capsa77
Wording a bit off
  • Confused 1

No doubt that it’s sealed. SNAD is a toss up here but you’re likely looking at accepting a return plus the cost of shipping and then there’s the issue if the buyer used a hair dryer and resealed it with mega blocks and dirty socks putting you in the position of having to break the seals in order to inspect it.

• Like 2

I've got a 0 feedback new buyer in Wisconsin who just registered. It's running a flag for me since he paid good money on shipping and the total turns out much higher than other listings with free shipping. Advice? Should I message him to confirm? Or should I just cancel? Or just ship it and see what happens?

Edited by locidm

11 minutes ago, iahawks550 said:

Ask him for a phone number and to confirm the shipping address. It's probably just a new buyer.

Thank you. I'll do just that. That's a better approach. I was going to say all the mumble jumble about him being a new buyer and me being paranoid. :)

• Like 1

4 hours ago, iahawks550 said:

Ask him for a phone number and to confirm the shipping address. It's probably just a new buyer.

I've had a rash of newly registered buyers wanting to purchase fairly big ticket sets as well. In these cases, I always contact them to confirm their shipping address and intent to purchase…that way there's an electronic trail in the event they claim they were hacked or try to chargeback. I'm at about 50/50 legit new buyers and sketchy folks who never respond. Legit newbies are generally very appreciative of an extra layer of protection in the transaction. In the case of no response, I cancel the order and select "problem with buyer's address". I have yet to run into any problems with negative feedback using this approach.

• Like 6

3 minutes ago, Lego Lass said:

I've had a rash of newly registered buyers wanting to purchase fairly big ticket sets as well. In these cases, I always contact them to confirm their shipping address and intent to purchase…that way there's an electronic trail in the event they claim they were hacked or try to chargeback. I'm at about 50/50 legit new buyers and sketchy folks who never respond. Legit newbies are generally very appreciative of an extra layer of protection in the transaction. In the case of no response, I cancel the order and select "problem with buyer's address". I have yet to run into any problems with negative feedback using this approach.

Thank you. I haven't heard back from the buyer yet and am contemplating what to do if he doesn't respond. This is very helpful. How long do you wait before canceling the order? Thanks.

I always weigh my sets before packing and log the manufacturing code. And I let people know this in my listings.  There are also plenty of pictures taken for the buyer to see the seals as well as my visual record of them as well. 
Doesn’t mean they still couldn’t file a return, but I know my return rate is extremely low and I’m certain this is helps. 

3 hours ago, locidm said:

Thank you. I haven't heard back from the buyer yet and am contemplating what to do if he doesn't respond. This is very helpful. How long do you wait before canceling the order? Thanks.

I usually wait about 24 hours, so if it's legit, I can still mail and be within eBay's shipping/handling guidelines. Generally folks who actually ordered and want the item will get right back to you. Anybody who ghosts me for longer than a day gets cancelled. I've had to do that 3-4 times in the past few months, and have yet to receive any blowback from the buyer or eBay.

• Like 1

Does the below seem legit?  The reason I am asking is there are many members here with more experience with drop shippers than me.  Got this this message on BrickLInk this afternoon:

“Hi. Will you agree to ship 21144 to a US mail forwarding address? How much to
19804 DE at the cheapest?”

The set being asked about is The Farm Cottage.

Member name is Caesarion with a 925 feedback score with 1 complaint and the location is Russia, Moscow City: 

“This message was sent through the BrickLink Contact Form from member Caesarion ([email protected]) (Russia)”

Thoughts?  I value your opinion.  Any red flags?

Thanks!

Does the below seem legit?  The reason I am asking is there are many members here with more experience with drop shippers than me.  Got this this message on BrickLInk this afternoon:
“Hi. Will you agree to ship 21144 to a US mail forwarding address? How much to
19804 DE at the cheapest?”
The set being asked about is The Farm Cottage.
Member name is Caesarion with a 925 feedback score with 1 complaint and the location is Russia, Moscow City: 
“This message was sent through the BrickLink Contact Form from member Caesarion ([email protected]) (Russia)”
Thoughts?  I value your opinion.  Any red flags?
Thanks!

Sounds legit to me. He’s telling you up front its going to a freight forwarder.
  • Thanks 1

Weird Ebay transaction: I'm the buyer

Ordered a LEGO Disney Steamboat Willie for $58.89 (great price, I know); final $63.75 from a new seller (what the heck)

Before it arrives, the seller has closed her account. Original Listing is no longer available (this is shown in my Orders History)

So it arrives in a Disney box with a package slip with my full name on it saying I used a credit card and paid $89.99 (RRP)

huh?

Ordered a LEGO Disney Steamboat Willie for $58.89 (great price, I know); final $63.75 from a new seller (what the heck)
Before it arrives, the seller has closed her account. Original Listing is no longer available (this is shown in my Orders History)
So it arrives in a Disney box with a package slip with my full name on it saying I used a credit card and paid $89.99 (RRP)
huh?
Hacked account and purchased with a stolen credit card from the Disney store and shipped directly to you.
  • Like 2
  • Sad 1

8 hours ago, Shortbus311 said:
8 hours ago, $20 on joe vs dan said:
huh?

Hacked account and purchased with a stolen credit card from the Disney store and shipped directly to you.

I feel dirty

Cue the flood of "Will you take $xxx for this item and will it arrive before Christmas!?" eBay messages. :) 

I haven't given buyers an inkling of hope, they should know better especially this year. I always say the best I can do is ship same day and use UPS instead of USPS. Many delayed orders but so far all buyers have been super accommodating and understanding. Just overcommunicate and as long as the Karen's are avoided we'll all turn out alright!