20. Hulk Lab Smash- 76018
21. Gold Getaway- 70401
22. Ewok Village- 10236
23. Brandenburg Gate- 21011
24. Death Star Final Duel- 75093
25. Golden Dragon - 70503
All used, but complete with boxes. $595

Where did you score it? I'm so jealous

Was able to pick up an additional 8 Ford F-150 speed champions last night for $21.20 each. Plus an additional 10% off since I mentioned I would usually come in on Thurs but couldnt this week..............:thumbsu: So far have been lucky with this one and the Porche finish line. About 14 of the F-150 and 6 of the Porche.....

• Like 1

In SoCal? How did you manage that? We aren't supposed to have clearance here. 

Dunno. But it was a SoCal Walmart that had it. It's wasn't the only one showing that price in the app, but it was the only store showing that price that had stock (the other store showing that price shows out of stock).

15 minutes ago, Alpinemaps said:

Dunno. But it was a SoCal Walmart that had it. It's wasn't the only one showing that price in the app, but it was the only store showing that price that had stock (the other store showing that price shows out of stock).

Nice find still waiting for them to drop around me...

15 minutes ago, Alpinemaps said:

One of my stores dropped their pile to $30, but I didn't get too excited since I found some for $20 a few weeks ago.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, longshot said:

Was able to pick up an additional 8 Ford F-150 speed champions last night for $21.20 each. Plus an additional 10% off since I mentioned I would usually come in on Thurs but couldnt this week..............:thumbsu: So far have been lucky with this one and the Porche finish line. About 14 of the F-150 and 6 of the Porche.....

What's the price on the Porsche Finish Line? I've got eight Ford's waiting for me for Thursday, but I forgot to check the Porsche set. If someone buys them before I get there Thursday I won't lose any sleep over it, since the inflated TRU markup makes these deals seem better than they really are. 50% off is still solid though.

Over the weekend I picked up 30 Ambulance Planes 60116 through various eBay and Bricklink sellers. Average cost is around $25 each. Slight markup over RRP, but this set has quietly disappeared from all of my local stores, and doesn't seem to be available online at retail anymore. I currently only had two bought at a discount. Has everyone else noticed the quick disappearance of this set, or is it a local thing to my area? I think this set may be the next logging truck or airport fire truck. It's unique, it's an airplane, it's hospital related, and it had a short shelf life and quick retirement. It's a gamble, but that's what makes this fun.

Edited by terrymc4677
  • Like 3

Over the weekend I picked up 30 Ambulance Planes 60116 through various eBay and Bricklink sellers. Average cost is around $25 each. Slight markup over RRP, but this set has quietly disappeared from all of my local stores, and doesn't seem to be available online at retail anymore. I currently only had two bought at a discount. Has everyone else noticed the quick disappearance of this set, or is it a local thing to my area? I think this set may be the next logging truck or airport fire truck. It's unique, it's an airplane, it's hospital related, and it had a short shelf life and quick retirement. It's a gamble, but that's what makes this fun.

Must be local, it's been gone here since the first part of December.

22 hours ago, terrymc4677 said:

Found one of those planes week ago at local Kmart. $15 with syw magic. Wish I had more, i also believe that it will do well. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, brickwheatloaf said:

these fellers were 240 with ebay bucks. dang i hope they were real. i know amazon magically restocked with $300 sandcrawlers for everybody but those slap you with tax so its a little deceptive. 

http://www.ebay.com/itm/122235436986?_trksid=p2057872.m2749.l2649&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT

I hope so for you. Seller has never sold LEGO before, only supplements, but has a good track record on those. But 11 Sandcrawlers, and selling them below RRP does sound a bit fishy.

1 minute ago, Phil B said:

I hope so for you. Seller has never sold LEGO before, only supplements, but has a good track record on those. But 11 Sandcrawlers, and selling them below RRP does sound a bit fishy.

they did tell me they were sealed with the original seal. maybe next time i should ask for pictures. im starting to see a pattern where when the listing doesn't have a picture and its a casual seller, then the legos comes looking like it was chewed up by the lego eating monster before being spat out into the box and shipped to me. 

07c2db5cbfb1db8579117fb3b9871fb0.jpg

All that is missing now is Spider-Man from that year. Then my collection is complete

Bahahahaaahahahhaaaah

While it's on my mind I want to run something by you guys. I am going to megacon in may to see Stan lee (last time in Florida) I want him to sign some stuff.

My question is should I have him sign the card itself? The blister acts as a protector for it than and I like that idea or would it hurt the value if the card itself is signed? Thoughts? Thanks

11 minutes ago, Lego Templar said:

While it's on my mind I want to run something by you guys. I am going to megacon in may to see Stan lee (last time in Florida) I want him to sign some stuff.

My question is should I have him sign the card itself? The blister acts as a protector for it than and I like that idea or would it hurt the value if the card itself is signed? Thoughts? Thanks

Not sure if it will help the value or not. IMO Stan lee's autograph can't hurt. Either way, if you go for it, make sure you have a proof that signature is authentic, not just your word. So besides companies that verify authenticity of signatures, maybe think of taking some pics while he's signing it. That's my 2 cents. 

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Lego Templar said:

I would have him sign the card (if he would) - The package is resealable, so I think that would be ok.

I also agree w/ Lord - get some photos of him signing it (it would have to be a plus, when selling).

Edited by KShine
  • Like 1