What Lego set did you buy today?

22 minutes ago, Alpinemaps said:

I'm lol'ing because someone on Reddit tonight was bummed they missed out on a $200 Taj Mahal. So I'm assuming you're the guy that got it.

Good job! Congrats and enjoy.

I'm guessing it was me haha. The very nice lady I picked it up from said that someone else did message her after me, but she said she had already made an agreement with me despite them offering her more money.

• Like 7

17 minutes ago, thoroakenfelder said:

I picked up a couple Carbon Freeze sets at Target with price match. It's too bad the desert skiff will depress any future value of this set by having 2/3 of the minifigures.

its not the same mini figure. now we will get into this argument "boba fett" is "boba" and "han solo" is "han" .

look closely and you will see the difference between figures of 75137 and 75174. han [ has different head and hair-piece] while boba's torso and leg is light grey not sand green also hand is tan. finally the Pauldron Cloth is not printed and is sand green in 75174.

Edited by newbie77
  • Like 2

On 3/7/2017 at 2:18 PM, Halfrig said:

I was digging around CL, Let Go and Offer Up looking for new LEGO sets.  I had not purchased any used bricks (except minis) since I started back in December '16.  

A guy had a couple pics with used bricks piled up, but something caught my eye that looked Star Wars ish.  Most bricks were black, dark and light gray and no neon colored (not looking for Friends/Elves and such).  I bought them a few days ago, but ran through the process of completely breaking down what they had, sorted for color and began washing them.  They did not have any boxes or manuals, so goes the challenge of identifying what I had actually bought:

From my research (learning how to identify), it seems I have these sets going for me so far:

Batman I:
7785 Arkham Asylum (all six minis)

Monster Fighters:
9468 Vampyre Castle (all 7 minis)
9461 The Swamp Creature (both minis)
9463 The Werewolf (both minis)

Alien Conquest:
7050 Alien Defender
7051 Tripod Invader
7052 UFO Abduction

Lone Ranger:
79107 Comanche Camp
79108 Stagecoach Escape
79110 Silver Mine Shootout
30260 Lone Ranger's Pump Car poly
30261 Tonto's Campfire poly

City: Space Port
3368 Space Center

Minis:
Battle Damaged Darth Vader with broken helmet/neck piece and normal helmet (maybe 7672 Rogue Shadow, but do not have the other 2 minis)
Crazy Scientist (Series 4 mini)
Punk Rocker (Series 4 mini)

I still have many left to try and figure out.  I know some Chima, Ninjago, Minecraft and City still blended together.  It was about 18lbs of bricks and a bag with about 65 minis.  Will update with results in a few days as I start combing through the parts lists for the above to confirm completion rates.

Now that I've had some time to wash/sort/identify, here are the sets I have compiled.  All are in the 95% complete range (no manuals with the lot) w/ a few pieces missing here and there with the exception of #3368 Space Center is only 75% complete.

Batman I:
7785 Arkham Asylum (w/ minis)
7779 Batman Dragster: Catwoman Pursuit (w/ minis)

Monster Fighters:
9468 Vampyre Castle (w/ minis)
9461 The Swamp Creature (w/ minis)
9463 The Werewolf (w/ minis)

Alien Conquest:
7050 Alien Defender (w/ minis)
7052 UFO Abduction (w/ minis)
7049 Alien Striker (w/ minis)

Galaxy Squad:
70707 CLS-89 Eradicator Mech (w/ minis)

Lone Ranger:
79107 Comanche Camp (w/ minis)
79108 Stagecoach Escape (w/ minis)
79110 Silver Mine Shootout (w/ minis)
79111 Missing over half of the set and 1 mini
30261 Tonto's Campfire poly

City: Space Port
3368 Space Center (w/ minis)
3367 Space Shuttle (missing one mini)

Ninjago:
9448 Samurai Mech (w/ minis)

Star Wars:
7930 Bounty Hunter Assault Gunship (w/ minis)

Marvel Super Heroes:
6865 Captain America's Avenging Cycle (w/ minis)
6873 Spider-Mans Doc Ock Ambush (w/ minis)

There were a few other Chima/Ninjago/Minecraft sets that I could not identify or were not worth bothering to complete the set.  I will just absorb those as parts and sell the minis.  I feel this was a pretty good buy for my first "used" lot from CL for $100.  The lot was 18lbs of bricks and had 60 minis separated.

• Like 5

I picked up another used lot from CL last week that was about 25 lbs with around 50 minis.  I paid $100 again for this lot and have not got into sorting.  There were a few built pieces that I believe to have:

7626 - Indiana Jones: Jungle Cutter
5973 - Space Police III: Hyperspeed Pursuit
8097 - Star Wars Slave I (3rd edition) (based upon all minis and brick colors)

That is all I have got to determine as I am just finishing up the last lot I got from the above post.  Out of those 50ish minis, 6 of them were magnet sets (I knew they existed, but did not know much about them).  Slave Leia, Boba and Imperial Guard magnet set and the Vader, Chewbacca, Obi Wan magnet set.  Other minis included were Sponge Bob, Indiana Jones, Star Wars, LoTR, Space Police, Lone Ranger and Batman.  I expect to start sorting this lot by the weekend hopefully.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, newbie77 said:

its not the same mini figure. now we will get into this argument "boba fett" is "boba" and "han solo" is "han" .

look closely and you will see the difference between figures of 75137 and 75174. han [ has different head and hair-piece] while boba's torso and leg is light grey not sand green also hand is tan. finally the Pauldron Cloth is not printed and is sand green in 75174.

I didn't mean to imply that they were the same exact mini figure. However, they are exceptionally similar. To the casual or semi casual fan, there's not enough difference to make one pursue one set over the other and the only other stuff is whether an ugnaught and a Carbonite Block is more appealing than Chewbacca and a skiff guard.

1 hour ago, thoroakenfelder said:

I didn't mean to imply that they were the same exact mini figure. However, they are exceptionally similar. To the casual or semi casual fan, there's not enough difference to make one pursue one set over the other and the only other stuff is whether an ugnaught and a Carbonite Block is more appealing than Chewbacca and a skiff guard.

personally i feel, mini figure buyers and/or collectors buy something because of those details. not because they were the cheapest thing that is available in retail at any-store.

having said that: 

han's before frozen and after frozen version which looks better and good.

while boba fett is not sand-green. 

does it make a difference? may be we will know in few years.

I just picked up a used 10197 Fire Brigade tonight for $120 off of CL. Its complete with instructions and in excellent shape beyond a bit of dust - the guy took good care of it. This is for personal build, so I'm pretty excited! He will also give me first right of refusal to his Grand Emporium for $120 once he builds it again. Its not as high on my Wanted List, but at $120 from a reliable local seller, its hard to turn down. 

Now to break it down, get the dust off, and build! 

• Like 6

3 hours ago, newbie77 said:

personally i feel, mini figure buyers and/or collectors buy something because of those details. not because they were the cheapest thing that is available in retail at any-store.

having said that: 

han's before frozen and after frozen version which looks better and good.

while boba fett is not sand-green. 

does it make a difference? may be we will know in few years.

The 9493 and 9492 took a hit from 75102 and 75103. I figure it's the same basic premise.

Can't beat getting $40 worth of sets for $7, but I think $60 worth of sets for $19 is not too shabby either. Note that I am self-limited to sets that ship to Sears, which limits my options.

58d31d1988941_Screenshotfrom2017-03-2220-55-18.thumb.png.81f79f8fe4b03a7a297e3abdac1f24eb.png

58d31d1d2826c_Screenshotfrom2017-03-2220-54-49.thumb.png.2977929de4b52562aedd3d8e44a7cfd0.png

One more note: all the points used were obtained through Sweeps in the last two weeks. No points back offers or anything. Definitely my best Sweeps fortnight so far. FREE LEGO!

Edited by Phil B
  • Like 5

7 hours ago, Pseudoty said:

IMG_4786.JPG

Quick Question... Will TRU PM their own website if it's in stock in-store, but out of stock online?  Thanks, my local had about 10 left as of last week.

Edited by FM

Finally ordered today a new in box 9526 Palpatine's Arrest from eBay for $140 with 8% back in points.  Around $10-$20 more than I wanted to spend but the $11.20 in points back makes up for it.  

It's a silly little set but it'll be fun to re-create the ending of episode 3. 

I'd still like to get a Padme minifig some day but I doubt that's happening any time soon.  

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, jonnyhanukkah said:

Finally ordered today a new in box 9526 Palpatine's Arrest from eBay for $140 with 8% back in points.  Around $10-$20 more than I wanted to spend but the $11.20 in points back makes up for it.  

It's a silly little set but it'll be fun to re-create the ending of episode 3. 

I'd still like to get a Padme minifig some day but I doubt that's happening any time soon.  

I've been watching that one used/complete for a few weeks trying to get a sense for the price I'd pay, but I haven't pulled the trigger.  Congrats!

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, labfreak7 said:

157f9589e68d4bc391b8d7927169021b.jpg

Got a friends multi pack using my rewards and TRUtH for a little over 40 bucks. Never saw this one before.

8bfccf081e5a03df5931e71e5c91cfb4.jpg

Plain white box

If I remember correctly, it's been on clearance online for $79.98 for a while. Surprised it wasn't the same price in store.

• Like 1