What Lego set did you buy today?

Ok I need some help! And opinions from you guys. So like I mentioned a few days ago I've been buying up the marvel SDCC stuff. Well Sam Wilson showed up today and like I've done with the other minifigs give it a super anal look down. Well the blister pack is in perfect condition and the pieces themselves are in good condition. When I took off the hair piece I noticed some black dots on the head pieces (picture below)

eca48fe78a3bf58d5ee7e2971d30f370.jpg

Is that normal? Person had 100% feedback and said it never was displayed. Idk what to do. Should I try and return it or is it normal for SDCC stuff since it's limited? If it was a regular mini fig I honestly wouldn't care...one worth 200+ well I care. I wasn't given tracking for the package and they never responded to my PM for tracking (even though it showed up today) luckily I didn't have $ in PayPal so I used my Amex. Anyway what should I do? Anyone have this guy and can confirm its normal?

I tried cleaning it off and nothing...

If it's actual Lego ink from the printing, alcohol won't be strong enough; I've tried it for lifting sharpie marker, and it doesn't touch the print. I do believe there are much better alternatives than paint thinner though.... that stuff is nasty, and the part will stink of chemicals forever. 

Lots of people do custom work which  requires wiping off Lego's prints first. I'm sure I've read about some tested and true methods for doing this over the past couple years on here. 

I think it's just ink from when they printed the face. Take a q-tip with some alcohol or paint thinner and remove it carefully. 

If it's actual Lego ink from the printing, alcohol won't be strong enough; I've tried it for lifting sharpie marker, and it doesn't touch the print. I do believe there are much better alternatives than paint thinner though.... that stuff is nasty, and the part will stink of chemicals forever. 
Lots of people do custom work which  requires wiping off Lego's prints first. I'm sure I've read about some tested and true methods for doing this over the past couple years on here. 

Not so good at your usual DIY even more if I could ruin it. Making it go from a 200 dollar mini fig to 20 dollars...my main question was more of the lines do I try and return it or should I just have Amex handle it? Normally not super anal but with these 200+ dollar minifigures I am. I don't want to burn the seller but I also don't want to pay full price for it (regardless of who is at fault)

Not sure if I want to put paint thinner but I agree with you that it looks like lego messed up on this one. It's the same color as his face so an issue during production. Is there a safe way to remove it? rest of the fig is good.

Throughout the week... Too bad I was out buying and missed out on using the 15/45 coupon post and instead used the 10/50 coupon : (   I could have saved $5 3 or 4 times yesterday.

Mostly Kmart & a few from Target. Highlights...

- 4 Lots of Dragon Sanctuary for $37-42

- 4 Livi's Pop Star House $42

- 2 Emma's House $40

BTW, I had a clerk look up and then called around to see if any stores had Dragon Sanctuary and there were none... And I still found 4.  I left a lot behind, anticipating 40-50% (Friends Mall, retired City sets, 3-year old creator sets, Elves, Bionicles...)

unnamed.jpg

Edited by FM
  • Like 5

71310 BIONICLE - Umarak the Hunter $20 on Bricklink shipped.  Lowest on eBay is $40.  I'm not personally a fan, but last year's $19.99 Bionicles have ~doubled since Jan-1.  I miss snagging them at Kmart for $9-10 on clearance.

7 hours ago, iahawks550 said:

I got suckered into Ninjago again. TRU had rough box City of Stiix and Final Flight DB on clearance for $49.90. Add in 15% coupon, gift cards and two freebie Nexo cases, it seemed like a no-brainer. 

I had faith in Stiix but seems to have been so exclusive here , no-one knows it exists. It disappeared from the LEGO website ages ago and hasn't been seen since.

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, chinothegeeko said:

No wonder nothing is ever available. Nice score.

Question on this haul... How were the Rewards points obtained?  Through purchases of other Lego or regular credit card use (everything else)?

Maybe there isn't anything else to use the Reward points on (for my family it's on child diapers and other kid stuff) so if so then I really don't have a question, but essentially using those reward points towards this purchase increases your Gain ( your basis is lower) when sold which increases your taxable income, unless of course you are not reporting the gains as taxable income or reporting your inventory how I believe it should be reported.

Also, please don't see this as a "how dare you " question, I'm generally curious.  If you have nothing else to use the rewards on then it makes total sense to use them for this, or possibly you are adding back the rewards portion to the value of your inventory?  Maybe this should be a different topic, and it probably already is.

I haven't sniffed around the complete benefits of using rewards points vs having a credit card that gives somewhere between 1-5% back on purchases, which can be used as cash and doesn't necessarily reduce your basis in the inventory, thus your taxable gain is less.