What Lego set did you buy today?

Found a lone 21117 The Ender Dragon at the local Karstadt branch a few days ago but wanted to reconsider the purchase. Price on the shelf was 55.99€ (20% off).

Today, I returned and the set was still available. So I picked up the set and went to the cash register to pay for it. For some reason the price in their system was only 39.20€ (30% off the reduced price). That was a nice surprise!

• Like 2

Is it just in my neck of the woods or has this been the most interesting post Xmas clearance period in recent memory?

It´s been hard not to find stuff at 50% off or even up to 80% off direct discount, which is unheard of outwith pricing mistakes or coupon stacks.

• Like 1

Is it just in my neck of the woods or has this been the most interesting post Xmas clearance period in recent memory?
It´s been hard not to find stuff at 50% off or even up to 80% off direct discount, which is unheard of outwith pricing mistakes or coupon stacks.

Enjoy while it lasts.
Not much luck at my Kroger.  Everything was still just 25% off.
I did grab these:
  • 3 Kylo Ren build $10 ea
  • 6 Obi-Wan Jedi Interceptors $20 ea

I've never been able to stash any of the interceptors. Hopefully that will change with Yoda.

Well that´s the thing, though. Right now you kind of want to hold off buying because the prices just get lower and lower the more you wait. Practically all the stuff I got pre xmas in the Tesco and other doorbuster sales is all much cheaper now and still isn´t selling out. It really is deflation and I guess a lot of shops won´t order so much this xmas as they have lost money for sure.

Never mind Nexo at a permanent 40-50% off when there are CITY Police, Fire and Volcano flagships for less than 40 euros, Airshow for 20, IST´s for 49, Misfortune´s Keep for 30, Blue X Wings for 50, it´s hard to keep up.

Edited by Val-E
  • Like 4

9 minutes ago, Mr_Coat said:

OMG. Must...resist...making...inappropriate....comment

What's wrong with him feeling bags for Dicks?  I thought everyone does this, it's the best way to guarantee you only get Dicks.

Edited by Jman444
  • Like 5

I can get for about 60GBP eq of 67USD set number

9486 From CARS Theme.

I don't know if it's worth to pull the trigger for it. Any advice guys?
I see on ebay.co.uk this one is ridiculously priced at the moment. But it's from sponsored position.

31 minutes ago, Shewie said:

I can get for about 60GBP eq of 67USD set number

9486 From CARS Theme.

I don't know if it's worth to pull the trigger for it. Any advice guys?
I see on ebay.co.uk this one is ridiculously priced at the moment. But it's from sponsored position.

Don't know about European market but in US....meh

IMG_3199.PNG

• Like 2

I managed to get a Raptor Rampage and a Livi's Pop Star House at B&N.  Though they were not on sale, I did get a GC from Raise and a 10% membership discount, bringing the price down to ~$95.  Not the deal best or purchase ever, but I least I did not pay full price for these retired/hard to find sets.  Discounts on sets like these are hard to find or non-existent where I live.  A special thanks goes out to Sfcommando14 for his advice. :) 

• Like 3

Bought my first 2 sets today (pending inspection):

75059 Sand Crawler for 380AUD

60109 City Fire Boat for 65AUD

Of course I need to inspect the boxes etc, and the seller has to accept my rebacks (Aussie 20 dollar bills), but the deals were agreed upon. Both were said to be undamaged (within reason) boxes with factory seals intact.

I've decided to shop from my local area and only pick up in person, and no ebay for buying.

Hopefully I'm on a reasonable course here.....please feel free to tell me if this sounds like bad ideas.

1 hour ago, azadani said:

Bought my first 2 sets today (pending inspection):

75059 Sand Crawler for 380AUD

60109 City Fire Boat for 65AUD

Of course I need to inspect the boxes etc, and the seller has to accept my rebacks (Aussie 20 dollar bills), but the deals were agreed upon. Both were said to be undamaged (within reason) boxes with factory seals intact.

I've decided to shop from my local area and only pick up in person, and no ebay for buying.

Hopefully I'm on a reasonable course here.....please feel free to tell me if this sounds like bad ideas.

Sandcrawler is a great price if it's still sealed. City.......meh.

• Like 2