What Lego set did you buy today?

The things im buying at B&N wont last to 50% and architecture never goes on sale - this is the time to buy those.

This.

Today is the last day of the sale, so get out there and get picking. I'm all done cleaning up at my two B&N. I ended up with 12 White Houses, 14 Capitols, 5 Mazes, 2 Tydiriums, and 2 Trevi Fountains. Everything else I'll wait until 50% clearance.
  • Like 3

Is anyone loading up on Yellow Submarines at B&N for 33% off after discounts? I'm tempted to grab a few but the Target blow out sale about a month ago has kept me from doing so for some reason. I know that situation was an anomaly and there were only about 100 units at that price, but just knowing that people got them for more than half off has kept me in check. Thoughts?

• Like 1

Does anyone want to be a dear and make a list of the sets you are getting at Barnes & Noble and what your average buy cost is? The Barnes & Noble near me closed recently, so I don't have one to go to anymore, and I just want to know what sets to avoid buying from other places since you all got great discounts at BN.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Jackson said:

Does anyone want to be a dear and make a list of the sets you are getting at Barnes & Noble and what your average buy cost is? The Barnes & Noble near me closed recently, so I don't have one to go to anymore, and I just want to know what sets to avoid buying from other places since you all got great discounts at BN.

So far the popular choices seem to be...

Maze

White House

US Capitol

Trevi Fountain

Tydirium

Flatiron Building 

All come to 33% off after 25% sale price and 10% member discount.

Edited by terrymc4677
  • Like 1

Is anyone loading up on Yellow Submarines at B&N for 33% off after discounts? I'm tempted to grab a few but the Target blow out sale about a month ago has kept me from doing so for some reason. I know that situation was an anomaly and there were only about 100 units at that price, but just knowing that people got them for more than half off has kept me in check. Thoughts?

People paid $42-45 or so after shipping, so the BN price is comparable or better with GCs. But took no work unless you were LT. I think most people are avoiding because there are retired sets to clean up.
  • Like 1

I tried to avoid at as long as possible, but I went to Barnes today. And scored the same sets as the rest of my fellow hoarde. But I did find a surprise, a pair of LTof Pisa. Didn't make the cut for 25%, but still managed 15% off retail. I don't know where they dug them out from, but Thank you!

• Like 3

People paid $42-45 or so after shipping, so the BN price is comparable or better with GCs. But took no work unless you were LT. I think most people are avoiding because there are retired sets to clean up.

That's a good point. I forgot that LT shipped most of those out to other pickers at a slight markup. The Barnes and Noble price should be comparable to what they got them at then. I'll pick up a few.
  • Like 3

You have a green light if u choose to load up. Remember there were only 100 units at that Target. That's a small drop in a big bucket.
  • Like 3