What Lego set did you buy today?

6 hours ago, bigfanofnu said:

My Navy Exchange haul Ireceived after last weeks (near) 75% sale last week. Broke my own investing rule on the ninjago and princess stuff. Hope it pans out. 

dragons=good? right?

IMG_1670.JPG

IMG_1671.JPG

IMG_1672.JPG

I love that green dragon. Very cool build. Only wish it had 4 legs. If I get time in the future. I'll use the wings and parts to create a 4 legged dragon moc. Not sure how well it will do as investment though (no insight on the matter).

17 hours ago, TabbyBoy said:

Sainsbury's shoppers... If you are willing to disclose - which branches? I often shop in the ones within a 12 mile radius of Reading and I rarely see discounts let alone crazy ones on a new theme. I'm after a full set of Batman for my collection, just one of each set. Thanks!

It's hit and miss and I guess its down to individual stores. I have 3 within a few miles of me and 1 had all Batman sets on sale, 1 had some and 1 had none. In fact the last one had nothing on sale but a Darth Vader, where as the other 2 had a few little gems. I happened to pop in to a store whilst in Birmingham still had a MF 75105 on the shelf for full price which I thought was a little random. 

Sainsbury's shoppers... If you are willing to disclose - which branches? I often shop in the ones within a 12 mile radius of Reading and I rarely see discounts let alone crazy ones on a new theme. I'm after a full set of Batman for my collection, just one of each set. Thanks!

Was in the Reading 1 today near Ikea, nothing on sale.

Guest TabbyBoy
14 minutes ago, Snipes7230 said:

Was in the Reading 1 today near Ikea, nothing on sale.

The Calcot one is nearest to me and they rarely have deals. Honestly, I don't recall ever buying LEGO there. My best scores were in the Yorktown, Bracknell and Leatherhead branches. Thanks anyway for your reply.

9398 for €50
68e7cb527d35edfd12b9abbb02f99cd6.jpg
Not sure if it's complete yet but it looks like most of it is there. A little corrosion in the remote but nothing that can't be cleaned out. One for my personal collection

Built the rest of it last night - a total of 6 parts missing, 5 of which I had spares for. Bunged in a lime green beam instead of the missing light bluish grey one (so I don't forget to replace it). A happy boy me
  • Like 1

On 2/27/2017 at 8:58 PM, brickwheatloaf said:

is it really that badly damaged >_> 

im new to this so im not familiar with how damage to the box affects the prices, but i feel like if i listed it and posted pics from all sides and talked about its history of being mailed in brown paper, people might still like it. like say a sealed retired set in good condition went from 50-->100, shouldn't the one in the damaged box still sell for around 80? 

I sell plenty of damaged boxes just 5 percent less. Sometimes I totally ditch the box sell 5-10 percent less put it in a flat rate box and end up making more. I sold scooby light house that way. It fit in a $6.30 flat rate padded envelope without the box. I listed $5 less than others and shipping with box would have been $12 so I ended up saving $2.00 :)

with no box

• Like 6

1 Iron Skull Sub at Target $13+tax ($20.99 + Disc. GCs)

1 White House at Walmart $50+tax (oddball find for a WM)

3 Sith Infiltrator at TRU $46+tax (10% TRUTH applied, but 10% clearance coupon did not, BUT I'm hesitant to take it back since the manager overrode me for an extra 20% because no one took down the SW 20% sign from last week :) )

asd.jpg

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, FM said:

1 Iron Skull Sub at Target $13+tax ($20.99 + Disc. GCs)

1 White House at Walmart $50+tax (oddball find for a WM)

3 Sith Infiltrator at TRU $46+tax (10% TRUTH applied, but 10% clearance coupon did not, BUT I'm hesitant to take it back since the manager overrode me for an extra 20% because no one took down the SW 20% sign from last week :) )

Is $50 a good price for white house?

36 minutes ago, Jman444 said:

Is $50 a good price for white house?

It's not a great price, but IDK where you'll find it any cheaper now.  I bought in on this set around $36 over the past 2 months.  It is retired and rising so I won't get hurt at $50, just won't triple my money in 6 months.  There are a LOT of retired sets that I would leave on the shelf, but retired Washington DC Architecture... I'll take that risk.

Picked up 4 x 75165 Imperial Trooper Battle Pack from Target for $9.49 when they went on sale earlier this week.   It's a nice pack, plus 37% off retail was worth considering.  Battle Packs in this area rarely got to $9 last year anyway even during clearance.

• Like 1