What Lego set did you buy today?

1 hour ago, Val-E said:

They won´t last long with that business model.

I'm living order to order with them - I don't dare leave those points on my account for more than a few days in case they go belly-up in the meanwhile. Tomorrow is WWW day - hope to score a few dollars more in points, then time to cash out again (and hopefully start the accumulation of more points for next week :) ). FREE LEGO!

• Like 1

I've been waiting for Double VIP to pick up the T1 Camper, but sadly it looks like I missed out. So tonight at the Lego store I picked up 10252 instead. Had a serious mental debate about also picking up a modular, but i held off (for now). I also saw 2 Temple of Airjitzus which are currently on sale for $150ish. I'm thinking I should've picked one of those up. Guess that just gives me an excuse to go back!

1 hour ago, ditmarsapt23 said:

I've been waiting for Double VIP to pick up the T1 Camper, but sadly it looks like I missed out. So tonight at the Lego store I picked up 10252 instead. Had a serious mental debate about also picking up a modular, but i held off (for now). I also saw 2 Temple of Airjitzus which are currently on sale for $150ish. I'm thinking I should've picked one of those up. Guess that just gives me an excuse to go back!

Why did you miss out? It's still available (though on backorder for the 19th) at LEGO Shop at Home - if you order there you'll get your double VIP.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Phil B said:

I'm living order to order with them - I don't dare leave those points on my account for more than a few days in case they go belly-up in the meanwhile. Tomorrow is WWW day - hope to score a few dollars more in points, then time to cash out again (and hopefully start the accumulation of more points for next week :) ). FREE LEGO!

What is www day?

3 hours ago, ditmarsapt23 said:

That's a great build, it was my like third set.  It's challenging, b/c it's not in numbered bags like most sets, so you have to sort the 1,000+ pieces and find each piece. You will then have to follow it up with the Mini, the F40, the Beetle, and the Caterham is the only problem.

• Like 2

26 minutes ago, TigerEyez said:

What is www day?

Wild Wins Wednesday ... a special SYW Sweeps that runs only on Wednesdays (duh) and almost always pays, plus it has one or more Doorbuster periods throughout the day where you get an additional $1-$3 just for playing.

Edited by Phil B

5 minutes ago, azadani said:

1x 21303 Wall E.

Mint sealed box. Paid 116AUD for it, but feel it will go well.

That's a lot to be paying, even allowing for Aussie prices being a bit nuts, a lot of people will have a buy in at least half what you paid. So you could be waiting a long time to make a decent return.

Just now, Sprocket77 said:

That's a lot to be paying, even allowing for Aussie prices being a bit nuts, a lot of people will have a buy in at least half what you paid. So you could be waiting a long time to make a decent return.

To be honest I wanted it for myself (liked the movie), and it was only 100 bucks. Look on Aussie ebay and it was one of the cheapest available.

Broke my own rules already, but from now on it's soon to be retired/on sale larger sets.

According to the BrickFolio I'm up a couple of hundred bucks already, but it's always easier to buy than to sell lol.

49 minutes ago, azadani said:

1x 21303 Wall E.

Mint sealed box. Paid 116AUD for it, but feel it will go well.

2x 71016 Kwik E Mart @ 247.50AUD

On special at Toys R Us.

If your going to build 21303 that's all good, enjoy the set. But investment wise your going to struggle to turn a dollar for a long time. Even tho I never seen them in a retail shop, with VIPs I was getting them for $50ish. I have only one KeM and would have sold it to you cheaper than that if you had asked.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Furious_george said:

If your going to build 21303 that's all good, enjoy the set. But investment wise your going to struggle to turn a dollar for a long time. Even tho I never seen them in a retail shop, with VIPs I was getting them for $50ish. I have only one KeM and would have sold it to you cheaper than that if you had asked.

Sorry mate, didn't know about you.

What part of Oz do you reside in?

I'm in the NSW mid north coast.

As I said above, the 21303 is for me and was only a 100 bucks. I'm happy enough with these KEM's, as the shop said they'd go out the back and pick me the 2 best boxes they could find.

But sure...love to hear what you have, and swap notes with you