What Lego set did you buy today?

Paid $100 on a craigslist ad and got a big box of jumbled bricks. Based on the boxes and my discussion with the seller, the purchase had:

4709 Hogwarts Castle (includes box and manual in rough condition)

4736 Freeing Dobby (box included in decent shape)

4737 Quidditch Match (box included in decent shape)

4755 Knight Bus x 2 

4865 Forbidden Forest (good condition box and manual)

Because the sets are so old, the manuals don't include parts lists.  I'm going to have to test build to find out what needs to be replaced, but most of the minifigures appear to be present and some of the very identifiable pieces - the trophy and rings from the Quidditch set, spires from Hogwarts, banners with house logos - are definitely there. Should be a fairly quick and profitable flip.

• Like 3

43 minutes ago, Brickalicious said:

Paid $100 on a craigslist ad and got a big box of jumbled bricks. Based on the boxes and my discussion with the seller, the purchase had:

4709 Hogwarts Castle (includes box and manual in rough condition)

4736 Freeing Dobby (box included in decent shape)

4737 Quidditch Match (box included in decent shape)

4755 Knight Bus x 2 

4865 Forbidden Forest (good condition box and manual)

Because the sets are so old, the manuals don't include parts lists.  I'm going to have to test build to find out what needs to be replaced, but most of the minifigures appear to be present and some of the very identifiable pieces - the trophy and rings from the Quidditch set, spires from Hogwarts, banners with house logos - are definitely there. Should be a fairly quick and profitable flip.

Omaha?

b8debc33f3bc3215b33837eab7907fff.jpg

Today I picked up this lot on Craigslist. They are a bit dusty and the minifigs are missing, but I am happy for $300. It is going to take some time to sort through the parts that fell off and to reassemble it all, but most sets look close to complete.

Here is the breakdown:
6209 Slave I (missing some parts; with box and instructions)
6210 Sail Barge (missing some parts; with box and instructions)
6211 Star Destroyer (with box and instructions)
7665 Republic Cruiser (with box and instructions)
7672 Rogue Shadow
7675 AT-TE (with box and instructions)
7680 The Twilight (with box and instructions)
8037 Y-Wing (with box and instructions)
8039 Venator
76105 Millennium Falcon (missing a lot of parts but it was thrown in).

• Like 6

10 hours ago, Baragon said:

b8debc33f3bc3215b33837eab7907fff.jpg

Today I picked up this lot on Craigslist. They are a bit dusty and the minifigs are missing, but I am happy for $300. It is going to take some time to sort through the parts that fell off and to reassemble it all, but most sets look close to complete.

Here is the breakdown:
6209 Slave I (missing some parts; with box and instructions)
6210 Sail Barge (missing some parts; with box and instructions)
6211 Star Destroyer (with box and instructions)
7665 Republic Cruiser (with box and instructions)
7672 Rogue Shadow
7675 AT-TE (with box and instructions)
7680 The Twilight (with box and instructions)
8037 Y-Wing (with box and instructions)
8039 Venator
76105 Millennium Falcon (missing a lot of parts but it was thrown in).

This is a nice score.  These sets are slowly getting harder to find.  The best part for resale is that they're already assembled :)   And some of the sets have relatively inexpensive minifigs that can make them complete for not a lot of money (6211).

• Like 1

5 hours ago, FM said:

This is a nice score.  These sets are slowly getting harder to find.  The best part for resale is that they're already assembled :)   And some of the sets have relatively inexpensive minifigs that can make them complete for not a lot of money (6211).

I'm new to this, so I hadn't considered selling them already assembled. Do you notice a significant difference selling assembled sets when posting locally? I had planned to disassemble, clean, and inventory them before posting them. Maybe I should build them after all of that work!

I'm new to this, so I hadn't considered selling them already assembled. Do you notice a significant difference selling assembled sets when posting locally? I had planned to disassemble, clean, and inventory them before posting them. Maybe I should build them after all of that work!

Personally I like to build before I sell. I put in the work, might as well get some fun out of it.
  • Like 8

3 hours ago, Brickalicious said:

Yep.

Rethinking the flip, though. I lend out sets to neighborhood families and a lot of the kids are Potter fans

Thought it sounded familiar.  I saw that one the other day but held off as it was a smaller lot and heading up to Omaha and back is a couple hours of the day.  Pics didn't show much either so I passed.  Had it been in Lincoln I would've definitely checked out.  I've had really good luck with lots that size, especially Harry Potter ones.  Hope you do well with it.

• Like 1

Couple days ago, but I picked up this.  Hope [mention=20]Ed Mack[/mention] got his cut when this seller bought it.

Arriving Mar 17 - Apr 3 Shipped   61JaLyCm4JL._SY90_.jpg? The Ultimate Guide to Collectible LEGO Sets: Identification and Price Guide Maciorowski, Ed Sold by: cherrybooks   $3.69 Condition: New - Ships same day

How dare you support reseller scum like that!
Unless you qfll it, then cheers to you!
  • Like 2

6 hours ago, Baragon said:

When I buy bulk lots of assembled or semi-assembled sets I break them down, inventory, re-build, photograph, and then I break them down into bags numbered based on the instructions (like when new) {this is a PITA I wouldn't recommend the numbered bags}. I also replace any missing pieces of course. 

• Like 3