What Lego set did you buy today?

We also went to Barnes and Noble on the weekend but a different set that we picked up (in addition to some regulars) was a Buckingham Palace to build at 32.5% off.  I will add photos whenever my fiancee gets around to building it and that may take some time because it took her 7 weeks to help finish Big Ben (this was a partnership so I had to wait for her to do her part)

• Like 1

5 hours ago, joneyyy1981 said:

Nothing major, picked up 4x general grievous in Tesco for £7.50 each.

Was one of these sitting in my local for weeks at £18 then 2 days before it finally gets reduced someone bloody buys it! Muppets.

Flash Speeder went to £8.75 last night as well if you can find them anywhere, been sold out in my local for months.

Still waiting for Merlok's Library to go to £5 and the AT-ST to go to <£10!

can i ask a question here? 

so im a newb and i bought my first legos. and the ebay listing said " BRAND NEW BOX, PERFECT CONDITION, LEGO SEALED

but he mailed it in brown paper and it came like this

KTr2nMS.jpg

V0c07LL.jpg

he also only had two ebay feedbacks. if i paid $50 for it, is it fair to ask for $10 back? do i just tell him im a reseller so the condition of the box matters? 

Edited by brickwheatloaf
  • Like 2

6 minutes ago, brickwheatloaf said:

so im a newb and i bought my first legos. and the ebay listing said " BRAND NEW BOX, PERFECT CONDITION, LEGO SEALED

KTr2nMS.jpg

V0c07LL.jpg

he also only had two ebay feedbacks. if i paid $50 for it, is it fair to ask for $10 back? do i just tell him im a reseller so the condition of the box matters?

I would file a significantly not as described claim as that it clearly not in perfect condition and try to work it out. I would take a picture of the envelope used to mail it as well. I would not mention being a reseller.

Edited by micbelt
change
  • Like 6

10 minutes ago, micbelt said:

I would file a significantly not as described claim as that it clearly not in perfect condition and try to work it out. I would take a picture of the envelope used to mail it as well. I would not mention being a reseller.

I would start with contacting the seller, sending these pictures, and telling him that this clearly does not meet "Brand new box, perfect condition". Ask him to send you a new one, in a proper shipping box, and a return label so you can send this one back to him. Should he not respond, not respond properly, or otherwise not meet your needs, then file a claim with EBay. I would not start by proposing a solution myself, this is clearly the seller's problem. And $10 would not be enough for me as compensation.

Don't mention you are a reseller, just say you bought it as a gift.

Edited by Phil B
  • Like 9

10 minutes ago, Phil B said:

I would start with contacting the seller, sending these pictures, and telling him that this clearly does not meet "Brand new box, perfect condition". Ask him to send you a new one, in a proper shipping box, and a return label so you can send this one back to him. Should he not respond, not respond properly, or otherwise not meet your needs, then file a claim with EBay. I would not start by proposing a solution myself, this is clearly the seller's problem. And $10 would not be enough for me as compensation.

Don't mention you are a reseller, just say you bought it as a gift.

ill try this, thanks. 

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, brickwheatloaf said:

KTr2nMS.jpg

V0c07LL.jpg

Don't offer or accept $10 for this. He thought it was worth listing as brand new, perfect condition and thought it would show up in that condition wrapped in paper?  I generally like to try to work things out myself, but when someone ships like this, I have no interest in dealing with them at all. I'd go straight to a claim. 

• Like 4

23 minutes ago, Mos_Eisley said:

Don't offer or accept $10 for this. He thought it was worth listing as brand new, perfect condition and thought it would show up in that condition wrapped in paper?  I generally like to try to work things out myself, but when someone ships like this, I have no interest in dealing with them at all. I'd go straight to a claim. 

i asked for 20 back which ill be more than happy with and seems pretty fair considering the original listing was for 65. i dont really want to start off getting someones new ebay banned when i was just trying to buy my first legos. if i keep buying legos i'll have plenty time to lose my patience with sellers  :^)

Edited by brickwheatloaf
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, brickwheatloaf said:

i asked for 20 back which ill be more than happy with and seems pretty fair considering the original listing was for 65. i dont really want to start off getting someones new ebay banned when i was just trying to buy my first legos. if i keep buying legos i'll have plenty time to lose my patience with sellers  :^)

Good luck reselling that sir. That one might be a personal collection keeper.

26 minutes ago, amrandazz said:

Good luck reselling that sir. That one might be a personal collection keeper.

is it really that badly damaged >_> 

im new to this so im not familiar with how damage to the box affects the prices, but i feel like if i listed it and posted pics from all sides and talked about its history of being mailed in brown paper, people might still like it. like say a sealed retired set in good condition went from 50-->100, shouldn't the one in the damaged box still sell for around 80? 

Edited by brickwheatloaf

2 minutes ago, brickwheatloaf said:

im new to this so im not familiar with how damage to the box affects the prices, but if i feel like if i listed it and posted pics from all sides and talked about its history of being mailed in brown paper, people might still like it. like say a sealed retired set in good condition went from 50-->100, shouldn't the one in the damaged box still sell for around 80? 

On a rare set, sure, that's possible. What you're holding will likely be a heavily hoarded set with a normal to long shelf life and pretty wide availability. There is also another similarly priced and sized X-Wing available that may or may not retire sooner and may or may not be more popular. 

Point is...I'd take the full refund and return it, or take the partial and open it, build it, and swoosh it around your house.

• Like 4

15 minutes ago, brickwheatloaf said:

im new to this so im not familiar with how damage to the box affects the prices, but if i feel like if i listed it and posted pics from all sides and talked about its history of being mailed in brown paper, people might still like it. like say a sealed retired set in good condition went from 50-->100, shouldn't the one in the damaged box still sell for around 80? 

honestly in that condition, you might as well sell it as no box.

you're just going to make people worry about the condition of what's inside. 

just buy another poe x wing for your stock, take a picture of it, and list that pic but say "ships without box"

• Like 2

50 minutes ago, brickwheatloaf said:

im new to this so im not familiar with how damage to the box affects the prices, but i feel like if i listed it and posted pics from all sides and talked about its history of being mailed in brown paper, people might still like it. like say a sealed retired set in good condition went from 50-->100, shouldn't the one in the damaged box still sell for around 80? 

I'd say your bigger issue is your buyin. Even as a collector, I still don't own that because it can be had for 40-45 in the near future before retirement.  You can get it from jet.com now for 62 plus 15% off with new account. Just some friendly advice.

I personally don't see either X wings performing that great since they're probably the most purchased/stocked sets currently in production. I'll still buy Poes for 45-50% off and the resistance  xwing for 60%ish but that's just me.

2 x 70902 Catwoman Catcycle chase £10
1 x 70910 Scarecrow Special Delivery £10

Bought from Sainsburys but ...

I was at an Argos in a Sainsburys.  I told the guy that Sainsburys have it for half price. Argos guy says its not on their website. I said look its half price in the store.  He says ohh...eemmm.  Goes to speak to a "manager".  Comes back and says these are excluded from the price promise & i'm better buying it from Sainsbury.  <cough> BS <cough>.

Time for a complaint to Argos customer services.

I'm now thinking i bought it too soon as it the set just came out.