What Lego set did you buy today?

49 minutes ago, Lordoflego said:

Not sure if it will help the value or not. IMO Stan lee's autograph can't hurt. Either way, if you go for it, make sure you have a proof that signature is authentic, not just your word. So besides companies that verify authenticity of signatures, maybe think of taking some pics while he's signing it. That's my 2 cents. 

Pictures aren't allowed when Stan is signing, you buy tickets for pictures if you want that.  Stan's line is like cattle herding and they just get as many people through as possible. There's no time for chit chat or pictures, and they aren't allowed anyway.  

29 minutes ago, Mos_Eisley said:

Pictures aren't allowed when Stan is signing, you buy tickets for pictures if you want that.  Stan's line is like cattle herding and they just get as many people through as possible. There's no time for chit chat or pictures, and they aren't allowed anyway.  

Boooo!  I kind of feel bad for participating in these pic and autograph lines for these older guys.  Then I remember how much they charge.  Autograph and Pic with Mark Hammil at CVIII is $250.  Felicity Jones and Alan Tudyk are $300.  Crazy!!!

2 minutes ago, exciter1 said:

Boooo!  I kind of feel bad for participating in these pic and autograph lines for these older guys.  Then I remember how much they charge.  Autograph and Pic with Mark Hammil at CVIII is $250.  Felicity Jones and Alan Tudyk are $300.  Crazy!!!

Yeah, my wife wanted to go to WalkerStalker in Chicago until I read about this nonsense.  I can't believe they charge people for autographs or to just meet them.  I don't know if there is a person alive I would pay to take a picture with or for their autograph...

• Like 1

Just now, Sfcommando14 said:

Yeah, my wife wanted to go to WalkerStalker in Chicago until I read about this nonsense.  I can't believe they charge people for autographs or to just meet them.  I don't know if there is a person alive I would pay to take a picture with or for their autograph...

That moment you realize how much there time is worth... 

8 minutes ago, Sfcommando14 said:

I paid like $60 for a pic with Hamill at CV and I paid like $20 for Kenny Baker and Ray Park autographs at CIII, but I think that's about it.  They let you take pics with them while they were signing back then.  We felt obligated for Ray Park, since we ran into him the day before the convention opened and he talked to us and took pics for about 15min.  Very nice guy...

Ray Park will still jump and get a pic with you most of the time while he's signing and tells security to lay off.

I caught Anthony Daniels and Steve Sansweet for pics coming out of the bathroom.  Not all my pics are around bathrooms, but a few of them are.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, landphieran said:

That moment you realize how much there time is worth... 

Call me a purist or idealist, but it's about meeting and interacting with fans.  The fans are why they get paid millions of dollars to star in these movies (and yes, far less for many).  If they don't want to show up at these events, don't show up.  I don't care. But if the entire convention and interaction process is boiled down to a financial transaction, I'll pass.  There are plenty of ways to take my money, but this won't be one of them.  I understand it has become a staple of the industry, but it is something I'll choose to sit out.

Also, I did not buy any Lego (yet) today, to get back on topic...

• Like 1

Just now, Sfcommando14 said:

Call me a purist or idealist, but it's about meeting and interacting with fans.  The fans are why they get paid millions of dollars to star in these movies (and yes, far less for many).  If they don't want to show up at these events, don't show up.  I don't care. But if the entire convention and interaction process is boiled down to a financial transaction, I'll pass.  There are plenty of ways to take my money, but this won't be one of them.  I understand it has become a staple of the industry, but it is something I'll choose to sit out.

Also, I did not buy any Lego (yet) today, to get back on topic...

If you watch "Elstree: 1976", it's the only reason some of the obscure characters participate, since they were just bit actors at the time.  They didn't get folded in to the Star Wars fandom events until after Celebration II.

Not sure if it will help the value or not. IMO Stan lee's autograph can't hurt. Either way, if you go for it, make sure you have a proof that signature is authentic, not just your word. So besides companies that verify authenticity of signatures, maybe think of taking some pics while he's signing it. That's my 2 cents. 

I would have him sign the card (if he would) - The package is resealable, so I think that would be ok.
I also agree w/ Lord - get some photos of him signing it (it would have to be a plus, when selling).

Maybe have my girlfriend take a (hidden quick picture from her phone while he signs)

Spider-Man signed by him went for like 2,600 the other day so I think signature is worth the 120+ line. Plus I'd like to meet him even if it's for 30 seconds. This is for personal collection but always have the seller mentality if I ever decide to sell my personal collection.

4 hours ago, exciter1 said:

For $550 I can get a new DS without waiting 2+ hours in line :P

6 minutes ago, Kenxxx said:

I wanted one of those Speed Champions Porsche bargains... was feeling kinda down because TRU doesn't send me coupons anymore... but figured I'd just drive by my local store and see if they had any anyway.  I was happy to find they had a gift for me... a load of 50% off items... I didn't buy most of what you see. Before taking photos I yanked the stuff I liked and put it on my receipt...

That's pretty sweet!

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, teamhappyfrog said:

I was going to put those on hold, but it is a hassle for me to get to Downers Grove

I actually drove by the store on my way home, in my driveway I read about this deal here, bought them on my phone and left the house within 5 minutes to go back. Glad it was before all the crazy traffic. 

Edited by Lordoflego
  • Like 1