What Lego set did you buy today?

was in Vienna today so I went to Lego shop see if they had left anything since January sales, found nothing but I bought Silent Mary after realizing it is 3x VIP time (200€ retail + 30€ in points + mini beetle promo, the set is 220€ in CZE), I thought it was not that bad price so I later went to the other Lego shop there and bought another one ?

• Like 5

Guest TabbyBoy
19 hours ago, Val-E said:

Wait for the hate....

If that's the case, the little turds won't be getting presents off me again!

Guest TabbyBoy
2 hours ago, roxio said:

Ghost Rider Sets just over £10 each Tesco

Exactly £6.00 each at Dobbies and 5 on the shelf in Reading. All the best discounted sets have now gone and there's only crap left like this ;-)

Seriously.... Don't waste money on cheap Super Heroes.

IMG_0872.JPG

1 hour ago, TabbyBoy said:

Exactly £6.00 each at Dobbies and 5 on the shelf in Reading. All the best discounted sets have now gone and there's only crap left like this ;-)

IMG_0872.JPG

in-store only discounts, no dobbies near me. 

50% off on small/mid-range SH have always performed well for me, I think this will be fine in a couple of years, I rarely QFLL.

Riddler chase, arctic batman, extremis iron-man etc all sold nicely for triple buy-in.

IMG_0872.thumb.JPG.a2f7828630b1dad8ebaec20abb989f63.JPG

Shows how different markets can be. I would have bought a lot at 10 and all at 6 lol...good ole U S of the A!
  • Like 2

15 hours ago, Darth_Raichu said:

How many Kmarts did you visit? :shocked:

One Kmart, one and only with those sets in the area :)

Picked up 20 more this morning plus 5 ninjago boulder blasters.

going back for another 20-30 (to the same store) later this afternoon.

@MinifigW, I was also worried that buyer may change his mind but just came back from ups store where I shipped first 29 sets to him :) great weekend 

IMG_3469.JPG

Edited by Lordoflego
  • Like 6

Not quite as successful as @Lordoflego, but had some Kmart fun today myself. I started with a store pickup that included both LEGO and some household items that earned me $27 in points, then did 3 separate store transactions with a variety of combinations of expiring sweeps points, base SYW points, coupons, and surprise points. Ended up walking away with: 

2 x 60147 Fishing Boat (store pickup of online sale price), 1x 60067 Helicopter Pursuit (Clearance), 41073 Naida's Adventure Ship, 76022 X-Men vs the Sentinel (Clearance), 70801 LEGO Movie Melting Room (Clearance), and 40202 Easter Chick, all for $72 out of pocket with some base SYW points to spare. Not bad for a total MSRP of $185 and mostly retired sets. Fun! 

• Like 4

2 hours ago, Lordoflego said:

One Kmart, one and only with those sets in the area :)

Picked up 20 more this morning plus 5 ninjago boulder blasters.

going back for another 20-30 (to the same store) later this afternoon.

Whoa about 60-70 Titanium Dragons in 1 store.  Sometimes luck beats hard work :drag:

• Like 2

Spent most of my ebay bucks and some orders on BL for a bunch of figures to fill in holes in my figure collection.  Among those bought were Captain Antilles, Thrawn, Rebels Ahsoka, Newt Scamander, Mad Eye Moody, Good Morning Bilbo and a few other less notable.  Still waiting on a bunch of Indiana Jones figs from BL.

• Like 1

Not Titanium Dragons, but the wife let me stop at a couple KMarts on the way to Florida. This one had a fair amount of Pegasus Sleigh left. Picked up a couple Elves Dragon Sanctuary and Titanium Dragons between this and another store.

5 transactions at about $300 after coupons and points.

1308ff4021913f807c2a6156a4d9d5c1.jpg

• Like 7

Picked up 2 of the Titanium Dragons for about $7 each after points at a KMart. Store had the lowest sticker price at $26 with an additional 50% off. Had to persuade the supervisor to honor it because it was a blue light special sticker slapped on top of the clearance sticker.

Edited by mizeur

9 minutes ago, exciter1 said:

Not Titanium Dragons, but the wife let me stop at a couple KMarts on the way to Florida. This one had a fair amount of Pegasus Sleigh left. Picked up a couple Elves Dragon Sanctuary and Titanium Dragons between this and another store.

Lmao, don't worry, you'll get them on your way back ;) 

1 minute ago, mizeur said:

Picked up 2 of the Titanium Dragon's for about $7 each at a KMart. Store had the lowest sticker price at $26 with an additional 50% off. Had to persuade the supervisor to honor it because it was a blue light special sticker slapped on top of the clearance sticker.

Somebody did :) 

• Like 1

1308ff4021913f807c2a6156a4d9d5c1.jpg

That's $900 in Sanctuaries alone, nice score.

Went on my little college viewing road trip over the last few days, ended up stopping at 8 Kmart's along the way (including the 2nd most profitable one in the country).

4/8 Had any Lego on clearance (besides Chima)

6 were at an additional 50% off clearance toys

1 was at 30%, 1 was at 25% (and strangely was acting like that was a huge deal. Had everything up at the front in a Bluelight Special zone. Employees kept telling everyone about it lol.) So it definitely wasn't a universal deal.

Stop one: x6, stop 2 had 2 more (In a REALLY sketchy area, wasn't taking pictures there)

58e99dace7c36_ScreenShot2017-04-08at7_30_21PM.png.b284caf2ea3a22d1a58245457f64c6a6.png

Stop 7 (after 4 straight busts)

58e99d9ab8249_ScreenShot2017-04-08at7_30_11PM.png.82db7dca0ca7ba5d1d41d9198dda10bd.png

Stop 8:

58e99db736283_ScreenShot2017-04-08at7_30_39PM.png.0f198e998beb201b58f59e1557facbd1.png

Ended up with (All prices after coupons, surprise points, points and discount GC)

x10 Mask Maker vs. Skull Grinder $9.70 each (Retail: $29.99)

x5 Aira's Pegasus Sleigh $9.10 each (Retail: $39.99 - $29.99)

x2 Boulder Blaster $7.83 each (Retail: $29.99)

x2 Lewa Uniter of Jungle $5.04 each (Retail: $14.99, VERY happy to find these)

x1 Helicopter Pursuit $11.17 each (Retail: $39.99)

Some random old polybags I found.

Earned around $60 in points split between my accounts deposited at various times.

All in all not bad, not the MASSIVE haul I was hoping for but I'm happy with it.

• Like 5