What Lego set did you buy today?

Went to TRU for a couple smaller Nexo sets for Easter, and found on the clearance table the same Ninjago 70749 Enter the Serpent that I had passed on last week... still there. With clearance coupon + 10% off came to about $30.  A bit more than I'd like to pay for a beat up box, but it's still sealed.  I like the set, so I could resist no longer. Don't judge me. :D

On the other hand, I left behind a 45009 Duplo Animal Bingo for about $13... a good price, but for such an obscure set, I just wasn't sure it would bring much profit.  Another tempting item they had was (non-Lego) an FAO Big Colored Blocks set at $23.  It looked like a great deal.  Marked RRP $99. But weighed over 20 lbs. I didn't want to ship it, and the box was a little dinged up / might be rejected by FBA. And who knows... maybe I'm gated from selling wood blocks ;) Had to leave it behind.

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, Manse1001 said:

A set I previously missed out on but finally purchased at a great price! Courtesy of [mention=10054]tabbyboy[/mention], beautifully packaged and as described. Many thanks.

c320b3295507ce7cd4058a4833be435d.jpg

Looks like the owners of the house left the floodlights on, scaring all those poor ghosts away...

1 hour ago, Manse1001 said:

A set I previously missed out on but finally purchased at a great price! Courtesy of [mention=10054]tabbyboy[/mention], beautifully packaged and as described. Many thanks.

One of the best sets ever made IMO

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, Lordoflego said:

Too far north, I'm around Madison for next month or so. If I was closer, it would be me buying you a beer. I'm a guest who's visiting ;) 

Oh sure! Offer HIM a beer....but you come to MY backyard and you only offer Kmart coupons!

I see how it is! :jester:

(JK - LordofLego has graciously been passing out Kmart coupons)

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, lazuli16 said:

A good guest would buy a steamroller ;-)

...or ten.

Just now, Kevink24 said:

Oh sure! Offer HIM a beer....but you come to MY backyard and you only offer Kmart coupons!

I see how it is! :jester:

(JK - LordofLego has graciously been passing out Kmart coupons)

Lol...if K Mart was still relevant in GB I'd be more than happy to share some coupons. Sadly, both of mine closed up shop a few years ago. Would Shopko coupons suffice? Otherwise all I got is beer. 

• Like 5

4 minutes ago, terrymc4677 said:

...or ten.

Lol...if K Mart was still relevant in GB I'd be more than happy to share some coupons. Sadly, both of mine closed up shop a few years ago. Would Shopko coupons suffice? Otherwise all I got is beer

and steamrollers.

Edited by cladner
  • Like 3

22 minutes ago, terrymc4677 said:

...or ten.

Lol...if K Mart was still relevant in GB I'd be more than happy to share some coupons. Sadly, both of mine closed up shop a few years ago. Would Shopko coupons suffice? Otherwise all I got is beer. 

Yeah, the closest Kmart in my area is Oconomowoc...I just have to do the Phil B move and have items sent to my local Sears, which is actually nice and efficient setup. You have shared your Shopko coupons to us before, no worries! I'm just giving LordofLego some grief.

18 minutes ago, cladner said:

and steamrollers.

I believe the first year that I joined (or soon after) I saw Terry buying all those steamrollers and thought "wow, those are a good deal"...now I'm glad I stayed away from them. Poor guy, I don't think this joke will die for a long time.

Edited by Kevink24
  • Like 1

12 minutes ago, terrymc4677 said:

It's all good. I don't mind being the punch line to a BP joke. I deserve it for going so deep on that set. I'm sure I'm not the only one who's made a regrettable purchase that seemed like a sure thing at the time. Live and learn. I have a feeling that as soon as I sell my last one the price on those things is going to skyrocket...or not.

@terrymc4677 you are one of the rare who can admit your mistakes unlike a lot of us and that includes me... 

but here are my own collection of follies.

IMG_2568.JPG

IMG_2571.JPG

• Like 8

It's all good. I don't mind being the punch line to a BP joke. I deserve it for going so deep on that set. I'm sure I'm not the only one who's made a regrettable purchase that seemed like a sure thing at the time. Live and learn. I have a feeling that as soon as I sell my last one the price on those things is going to skyrocket...or not.

Exo Suits... not much else needs to be said.
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, Manse1001 said:

I love this set! I missed it when it first came out, but bought one from a fellow brick picker a few months ago. I may actually have time to build it this weekend!

Edited by Salimr
  • Like 2

@terrymc4677 you are one of the rare who can admit your mistakes unlike a lot of us and that includes me... 
but here are my own collection of follies.

IMG_2568.JPG.8564399967cc4997d1cca8f6d0ef2dfe.JPG
IMG_2571.JPG.38963dc2ffd778b60893030fe4289889.JPG

The Exo-Suit...now that's one set that I'm glad I didn't follow the hoard on. I bought two. Gave one to my son and sold the other locally at cost. I escaped that money pit unscathed. Unfortunately, all of the money I saved from not buying Exo-Suits I spent on more Steam Rollers.
  • Like 2

5 minutes ago, donbee said:

What's that, 20% discount? You think that's worth it?
An Honest question.

they are retired, I guess it's more like a treasure hunting trip, discount may not be the primary consideration in this situation