What Lego set did you buy today?

1 hour ago, scatttcat said:

Hi, can you explain this "tracker" is this some website through walmart you use? or app? or something on BP? or did you mean the price scanner in store? 

Sorryyyyy :) thanks for any help!

should be Walmart Inventory Checker from ********, plug in SKU and your zip and you are good to go

• Like 1

On 4/12/2017 at 11:00 PM, donbee said:

Elves Goblin King Dragon is on sale for $22 at Kmart.
Some points were expiring and I had $3 surprise on $15 so i grabbed one for $11 out of pocket.

You can hate if you want =)

Picked 1 up for $11, too. Stacked 5% off a toy with $5 off $20 toys. I should also be getting another $10 back in points.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Alpinemaps said:

Resistance X-Wing is $71.99 at TRU this week, and I think it's $79.99 at Target.

Online price at target.com is 60.99 and the Y-Wing is $57 at Walmart. Not a huge drop, but then again, it's something. The pair of them cost me about $104. Best deal ever? no. Pretty good for 2 sets that I've been wanting anyway? yeah.

Also, someone on reddit somehow got tem to give him the $10 off $50 even though the sign specifically excudes LEGO.

• Like 1

The promotional/coupon stacking you can do at the moment in German stores is ridiculous (in the positive meaning of the word). Say you'd like to have all 12 BrickHeadz. In the end you'll pay the regular 120 Euros, but by taking advantage of the running 3x VIP points promo, stacking the 100 VIP points coupons from the Wall Calendar, adding Mini Beetles by getting to 40 Euros (again and again) and splitting everything into multiple transactions - what you get back for your 120 Euros for 12 BrickHeadz is 960 VIP points and 3 Mini Beetles. That means: As soon as the Mini Beetle hits 24 Euros on Ebay, you'll have gotten your 12 BrickHeadz "for free".

Looking at this, TLG might be in serious trouble sales-wise at the moment. Maybe all the crappy releases from recent months already have a significant effect on investors buying very much less than before, forcing Lego to do so many (unannounced) promotional stuff that you simply HAVE to buy because something.

Edited by Frank Brickowski
  • Like 2

9 minutes ago, Frank Brickowski said:

The promotional/coupon stacking you can do at the moment in German stores is ridiculous (in the positive meaning of the word). Say you'd like to have all 12 BrickHeadz. In the end you'll pay the regular 120 Euros, but by taking advantage of the running 3x VIP points promo, stacking the 100 VIP points coupons from the Wall Calendar, adding Mini Beetles by getting to 40 Euros (again and again) and splitting everything into multiple transactions - what you get back for your 120 Euros for 12 BrickHeadz is 960 VIP points and 3 Mini Beetles. That means: As soon as the Mini Beetle hits 24 Euros on Ebay, you'll have gotten your 12 BrickHeadz "for free".

Looking at this, TLG might be in serious trouble sales-wise at the moment. Maybe all the crappy releases from recent months already have a significant effect on investors buying very much less than before, forcing Lego to do so many (unannounced) promotional stuff that you simply HAVE to buy because something.

TLG are not daft, they know that limited run freebies and multiplied points are like crack cocaine to investors.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Val-E said:

TLG are not daft, they know that limited run freebies and multiplied points are like crack cocaine to investors.

The stupid decisions were made earlier. Like releasing Hoth Base, the new Death Star and other remakes - we all know what they did recently. I think they already get to know the consequences of releasing many investor-"unfriendly" stuff lately.

Guest TabbyBoy

Not bought as such, but I won all 12 Brickheadz at the Good Friday toy raffle at our local community centre last night! I hope they are worth more than the £5 I paid for a strip of tickets ;-) I donated a London Bus and about a dozen polybags.

The stupid decisions were made earlier. Like releasing Hoth Base, the new Death Star and other remakes - we all know what they did recently. I think they already get to know the consequences of releasing many investor-"unfriendly" stuff lately.

Not only that, but the exclusive discount frenzy at the end of 2016 has ended the exclusive buying from Lego, even during the promo/points. Just look at how little goes OOS during these periods. Why pay full price for an exclusive now when you can get dozens from Walmart/Amazon etc when they discount?

Bought 75087 at Wal-mart, expecting in store pickup, only for them to ship and not match store price of $ 9.00.

Sure as hell will not pay the idiotic above RRP they wanted to charge. Might try to hit the store and argue for the price match one time then just return and call it a day.

14 minutes ago, SweepyD said:

Bought 75087 at Wal-mart, expecting in store pickup, only for them to ship and not match store price of $ 9.00.

Sure as hell will not pay the idiotic above RRP they wanted to charge. Might try to hit the store and argue for the price match one time then just return and call it a day.

I'm not sure what you were expecting. Walmart wont match an in store clearance price on an online order or a purchase from another Walmart location according to policy. You could argue with an manager, but that's definitely frowned upon here.

• Like 1

That's correct. Walmart doesn't do ship to store and PM the store price. If you want that price you have to find it in store at that price. And if it's out of stock then you're out of luck at that store.
  • Like 3

2 hours ago, Frank Brickowski said:

It doesnt work this way, You can't use more than one coupon at one store because the 100 VIP points are being applied by store manager, same thing with AF*L Day. Cashier has no authority to add points to your account manually. You can always switch stores but if you think you can show up with pile of coupons asking to get 100 for every 20USD purchase might end up with huge dissapointment.