What Lego set did you buy today?

4 hours ago, MarleyMoose said:

It says 10 but when I went to checkout it would only let me get 1.

I had that last night after I had already placed an order for 10. Today, it let me order another 10. However, I couldn't pay with my Target card on the second order. May have hit my ridiculously low limit.

I've stayed away from the Empire State buildings simply because the mini ESB Architecture set 21002 never did that great. I know it's up 300% but compared to the other small buildings from the early release it has greatly lagged. Not sure why. I honestly hope it does well for everyone else. I do have 3 of them but I'm not going in deep.

1 hour ago, Bricklectic said:

Hit zavvi up for a buncha empire states for 85 (sold out now) and bugattis. data point for those on the fence - the last time i ordered a bugatti it was drop shipped from the USA in a lego shipper, came perfectly

the problem from all things shipped from The Hut Group of stores:

it's either perfect or Absolute thrashed...hardly any in-between.  

Hit zavvi up for a buncha empire states for 85 (sold out now) and bugattis. data point for those on the fence - the last time i ordered a bugatti it was drop shipped from the USA in a lego shipper, came perfectly

I think the "winner" in this group of "Zavvi Birthday" sale items is the Ocean Explorer at $119.  It's super popular amongst the kiddos; it's also LEGO's largest floating vessel to date (That hull will be highly valued  piece out).  I could see it on Santa's List for years to come.

[also "retiring" this year allegedly so it's also a relatively short run and was soldout much of its life...prob the best quick flip last Christmas at x1.5-ish]

Edited by $20 on joe vs dan
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Bricklectic said:

Back in stock again. While boring, It's super iconic and 35% off is maybe its largest sale ever.

Back in stock again. While boring, It's super iconic and 35% off is maybe its largest sale ever.

I think the architecture sets like ESB and statue of liberty are prime candidates for re-releases due to popularity. Just look at white House and burj, better to stick to the landmark series which have performed alot better.

LEGO Mickey Mouse & Minnie Mouse Buildable Characters            LEGO 75275 Star Wars A-wing Starfighter

both used for $220 FB market

I've wanted both for my collection but w/ no deals; couldn't justify getting new.  I expect deals on the Awing to roll out this fall/winter

on another deal that fell thru...for the ****** that ghosted me an hour before our agreed meet time at Starbucks...what goes around comes around

• Like 2

My son has asked Santa for a 10261 Roller Coaster the past two years, but Santa wasn't too keen on spending $380 on a new one.

Lucky for him, I bought a loose one over the weekend for $230. It came with both instruction manuals (no box) and was missing two small pieces (orange ice cream top with clear cup). The guy was an hour away and offered to meet me halfway, so that was nice. I feel lucky to grab it at this price since it's "supposedly" retiring at the end of the year. Santa doesn't pay a premium for retired sets...at least our Santa doesn't. 

Lego Coaster.PNG

• Like 8