What Lego set did you buy today?

7 minutes ago, 167pilot said:

I as well did not expect to be redirected to lego.com

I can't see how this could possibly be a good thing to be linked to your SAH account, or to your address. No quicker way to identify resellers than to see the accounts gobbling up 5 limited sets. Hopefully everyone was smart and used a spare account with a different card, and shipped it to a friend or a relative. 

Edited by brickvoyeur
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, brickvoyeur said:

I can't see how this could possibly be a good thing to be linked to your SAH account, or to your address. No quicker way to identify resellers than to see the accounts gobbling up 5 limited sets. Hopefully everyone was smart and used a spare account with a different card, and shipped it to a friend or a relative. 

Lego owns Bricklink...  They have all but come out and said they don't care about resellers anymore.

2 minutes ago, brickvoyeur said:

Resellers on SAH site are just as easy to spot. They already know. They really don't care.

Just now, iahawks550 said:

Resellers on SAH site are just as easy to spot. They already know. They really don't care.

1 minute ago, Randyipp said:

Lego owns Bricklink...  They have all but come out and said they don't care about resellers anymore.

Exactly. If a bricklink reseller is the buyer then Lego is getting money from 2 sales of the product and not just one.

I cant imagine a company saying oh I dont want that extra money

14 hours ago, Phil B said:

My alphabet soup just arrived from LEGO Shop at Home:

20210701_172241.jpg

Tried to search bricks and pieces for these items, is this what your ordered and you get 1 letter of the alphabet? As part number isn't showing up on BrickLink 

FLAT TILE 1X1, ROUND, NO. 169

Element

Design Number

Unit price

GBP 1.15

Screenshot_20210702-133929_Samsung Internet.jpg

36 minutes ago, Voltron said:

Tried to search bricks and pieces for these items, is this what your ordered and you get 1 letter of the alphabet? As part number isn't showing up on BrickLink 

FLAT TILE 1X1, ROUND, NO. 169

Element

Design Number

Unit price

GBP 1.15

Screenshot_20210702-133929_Samsung Internet.jpg

That's the one. Gives you the whole (little) bag with one of each letter, plus extras of a few common ones.

• Like 2

On 7/10/2021 at 2:09 PM, Pseudoty said:

You Win! This is better than one of those young punk clickbait YouTube videos “My $1000 LEGO Haul” and he has 2 sets. BHZ and keychains FTW. 

LEGO knows they have me by the balls with these damn Brickheadz.  I need a bigger house so I can properly display these things.

• Like 1

LEGO knows they have me by the balls with these damn Brickheadz.  I need a bigger house so I can properly display these things.
Lol, you and me both. Right now mine are all still boxed filling up 5 dresser drawers. I need to get some decorative shelving to display them, although at this point I don't really want to open the boxes.

Sent from my SM-G960U1 using Tapatalk

• Like 1

I got a sealed (in a decent condition box, similar to pic) 4481 for $100 on FBM...had to drive 35 minutes...but it was a nice canyon drive passing two reservoirs

Image 01 - Lego Star Wars Hailfire Droid 4481 Set New Sealed

other than it being a good price (not a steal or anything) I am not sure why I got it.  it's kinda nice that its a pushtab box (so less chance of tampering and seals going bad later, I guess)...I find myself eyeing certain older sealed sets to add to my personal collection

• Like 4

Bought a complete 7740 off a friend for 200 EUR recently. I remember looking at catalogs for hours as a kid, always admiring this set. Only problem with this purchase is that the set is now at my parents’ house. Need to wait until there is a need for a trip across the ocean to pick it up.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

• Like 2