What Lego set did you buy today?

My friend spotted them yesterday unmarked on the shelf and they scanned for $35 each. I went today to pick them up. Its a madhouse as you can imaginr as its the only Target in New Orleans right now with power. Today I scanned them and they wouldnt scan. The area manager said they werent supposed to be out as they were getting salvaged because they havent sold. She took them from me and placed them in a cart. When she left I grabbed them and took them to a different manager who not only sold them to me but took more off.....but no were not marked.

Edited by Thanos75
  • Like 7

Hello guys!

i found the 4195 for 550 euros (approx 600 us dollars) sealed, do you think it’s a good investment?

Sets that old are pretty much already at their maximum price point and are not worth investing in. The only time I ever buy past retired sets is if I can get them for 50% less or greater than their current market value and immediately flip them.

Sent from my SM-G960U1 using Tapatalk

3 hours ago, Shortbus311 said:

Sets that old are pretty much already at their maximum price point and are not worth investing in. The only time I ever buy past retired sets is if I can get them for 50% less or greater than their current market value and immediately flip them.

Haha, i am new to this game, i see i have a lot to learn!! Thank you guys for the advice!

what do you think of the website **************  ?

thanks again!!;)

Edited by yannou002

Bought a used lot on OfferUp, for $100. It had a pic showing about 5 arctic expedition sets, a pic showing 4-5 friends sets, a pic of minecraft crafting box 1.0, and then this pic of Star Wars sets. He ended up having every minifigure for every set in a separate box including the Queen Amidala. Just started going through the Star Wars stuff tonight, Gungan sub was only missing JarJar's harpoon gun and the blue anchor.5082550722b6705731dee596c7a02622.jpg

• Like 6

1 hour ago, StLBrian said:

Sometimes you’ve just got to say wow - A friend wanted to give his kid’s old Legos to my boys. My train obsessed son has no idea how lucky he is - A complete Emerald Night with the tender and coach unopened! bbc1633659d6bae599b71d882a13871b.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Selling my 10194's too soon is one of my few regrets (even though I made good $ on them).

2 hours ago, StLBrian said:

Sometimes you’ve just got to say wow - A friend wanted to give his kid’s old Legos to my boys. My train obsessed son has no idea how lucky he is - A complete Emerald Night with the tender and coach unopened! bbc1633659d6bae599b71d882a13871b.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

hmmmm, Idk.  I might be like, "son, would you rather have this or $250 to spend at the Lego store on anything you want?"

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, yannou002 said:

13fff607d61ba1222b276a98bf334200.jpg
This one as well?
emoji16.pngemoji16.pngemoji16.png

Envoyé de mon iPhone en utilisant Tapatalk

I think there is a different part of the forum for this:

https://www.brickpicker.com/forums/forum/57-name-that-brick/

But let me search for that on Bricklink for you:

https://www.bricklink.com/v2/search.page?q=85#T=P

Looks like the stickered parts came from this:

https://www.bricklink.com/v2/catalog/catalogitem.page?S=60145-1#T=S&O={"rpp":"100","iconly":0}

• Like 1

That idea certainly crossed my mind. For now, I've gotten him to hold off building the unopened bags. I Bricklinked the set last summer, so we've actually got two now. This may be heresy, but I think it's just an 'ok' train. One of the best looking for sure, but disappointingly slow with the XL motor and the piston rods are really finicky; even after following a couple threads to troubleshoot. 

On 9/10/2021 at 4:33 PM, brickvoyeur said:

2003510144_IMG_20210910_1709274192.thumb.jpg.6579b7f036c0143b183582d92f78c866.jpg

First order from Zulily arrived. Something else did some wigglin' after finding box after box of sets in great condition. Here's to hoping the next three deliveries are just as good.

seinfeld-george-costanza.gif.75efc15f92d35835d7d1d26eb3b47931.gif

Mine arrived perfectly as well. Air pillows for days. 

giphy.gif

• Like 2

Nothing, see pics. So of course I went to the electronics department to ask what is up and it was an organized robbery today.  I also informed them that the plural of Lego is Lego  
http://bp-forum.s3.amazonaws.com/monthly_2021_09/7125B50C-AC4A-477B-8EBC-8519BD8C6E06.thumb.jpeg.86bd07146842f2e58aae0a7caba88ec8.jpeg
http://bp-forum.s3.amazonaws.com/monthly_2021_09/BF08257F-F2B1-4564-B9CA-79C1A990E244.thumb.jpeg.88d2fa0600af4f980d834d92b23e199b.jpeg

I need a news story or something. That’s crazy!

7 minutes ago, Alpinemaps said:

I need a news story or something. That’s crazy!

I checked nothing yet. 19 year old girl was one of them they had a picture of her and her FB profile. When I first saw the isle I thought perhaps because there is a music festival here this weekend and camping checkin starts today. 

5 hours ago, Pseudoty said:

I checked nothing yet. 19 year old girl was one of them they had a picture of her and her FB profile. When I first saw the isle I thought perhaps because there is a music festival here this weekend and camping checkin starts today. 

If you're going to correct them on LEGO, you have to use the correct form of aisle!