What Lego set did you buy today?

1 hour ago, TheBrickClique said:

If I had a nickel for every expensive turd set that ultimately made me some decent profits, I'd have ten cents.  I'll have fifteen cents once I sell my last Betrayal at Cloud City.

And If I had a nickel for every "sure thing" set that turned out to be a dud after retirement, I could buy a couple hamburgers for lunch today.

LEGO investing is like a box of chocolates.

Cloud City hit BF price of $170...current Ebay solds are at: between $500-$700

not sure what you're getting at

3 hours ago, $20 on joe vs dan said:

Cloud City hit BF price of $170...current Ebay solds are at: between $500-$700

not sure what you're getting at

Exactly! 

It was written off by many as an expensive, unoriginal, turd set.  Due to that sentiment alone, I bought a few; expecting little hoarding, but satisfactory demand post retirement.  And it has polished quite nicely.

Then again, a decade ago, folks were concerned the Delorean was overly hoarded.  It was constantly discounted, and I too had bought into the theory that it wouldn't make any money because of the numbers people had supposedly stockpiled.

Moral of the story, don't expect to find the answers on what to invest in on the internet.  Do your own research, be willing to take some risks, and diversify.

Few recent interesting buys (US prices).

Used Brick Bank, CIB, for $230. I don't need another one, but I like money.
Used Coaster for 35% off retail.
Used 4195 in minty mint condition incl.box/inst/poster, $155.

76139 Batmobile, 20% off at Lego store. This must be new because I have only received points for damaged box exclusives.

Deals are hard to find in Canada and the border can't open up soon enough, because there's Lego to be bought :)

Yay LEGO!

• Like 2

Has anyone had experience returning sets to Lego that they indicate are 'not eligible for self return' (i.e. greater than $200)? From what I can tell, they are returnable but you have to call customer service. Do they give you any trouble? Should I be concerned about a ban?

In short, I purchased the Hogwarts Castle yesterday thinking the dorms were a no-go in the US (a Brickfanatics post indicated they had been removed from the US store calendar). So I purchased it again today to get the dorms. My plan is to return the first one.

• 2 weeks later...