What Lego set did you buy today?

On 12/7/2021 at 3:09 AM, coelian said:

Got this in the mail today! 

IMG_20211207_120826.jpg

Wow, blast from the past.  This was actually the first theme I went deep on.  I think I bought stacks of Tic Tac Toe from the Lego Store and all the other sets Buy 2 Get One FREE from TRU.  I still think that was the best Castle theme ever.

1 hour ago, coelian said:

Nice! I bought mine from legoland Germany it was cheaper by 30% for some reason. Have you tried ordering the large elephants, I tried twice and both times rejected... 

I recently redeemed VIP points for purchases by phone rather than for online purchases by mistake so I called LEGO to place an order and ask about the elephants. Agent I spoke with was exceptionally nice. Stated that the Elephant bodies were out of stock BUT expected on Dec 14. He placed an order for 3 of them for me plus some sets that I had on my want list to use the $100 VIP points I had redeemed. A few days later I received an email cancelation for the elephant bodies 😭 Today is Dec 15th and I haven't caught the bodies in stock yet 

I've already ordered and received x3 elephant heads, trunks and tusks. The head+trunk+tusks in the US cost about $7. At this point I wish I hadn't ordered them. Should have just ordered one or two full elephants from Ebay instead. 

• Sad 1

9 minutes ago, ponderingzissou said:

<snip>

I've already ordered and received x3 elephant heads, trunks and tusks. The head+trunk+tusks in the US cost about $7. At this point I wish I hadn't ordered them. Should have just ordered one or two full elephants from Ebay instead. 

Or go deep on 60302 and 60307. 60307 is 35% off at Meijer at the moment (after Santa Bucks). 60302 is 31% off after SB. Lots of other animals you could sell off to bring the cost down (lions, crocodiles, monkeys etc).

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, Phil B said:

Or go deep on 60302 and 60307. 60307 is 35% off at Meijer at the moment (after Santa Bucks). 60302 is 31% off after SB. Lots of other animals you could sell off to bring the cost down (lions, crocodiles, monkeys etc).

Good prices! At this point the lions, crocodiles, and monkeys are plentiful on Ebay. If you can sell lions for $10-20 each that's $20-$40 off the $100 60307 set (before 35% discount). Still have some money wrapped up in the large elephants. Of course one would have other parts, minifigs and builds to add to parts bin or try to sell. Ppl will differ in what they want and how patient they are to part out what they don't want. For some it's just easier to pay $80-100 for x3 elephants. Good suggestion about Meijer for those that have one nearby!

Edited by ponderingzissou

Bowser's airship from BN for a personal build. I'm very happy with the 33% off, espwcially compared to Canadian "discounts". I also took the remaining Lamborghini sets and recently a couple more Bowser Castles.

I have to quickly take advantage of US shopping in case the border becomes more restrictive.

Yay LEGO!

• Like 1

Decided to pull the trigger on a few General Greivous Starfighters at 30% off. I don't love the set, but I don't think I can lose money at this point with it.

Local LEGO Store finally sold out of BB and Corner Garage, though that has happened a couple times already and there's been restocks. Lots of the other retiring exclusives in stock.

Supposedly, they will be giving pieces away to fix the Stuntz sets issues, in store. They were completely sold out of Stuntz, which surprised me because the Big Box stores still have tons of them. I also grabbed a couple of the Ninjago 10 Brickheadz. Because I couldn't help myself.

• Like 1

I have been picking up some older SC sets to build now that I have learned how to embrace the stickers. Mostly from BL Canada the exchange rate and prices are advantageous. Also, I have gotten fortunate with 4 eBay auctions. Not sure why people auction off 5 year old sets but this just arrived 13S6, it was a great pickup and I was surprised the seller actually shipped it.

I still need 75883 and 75889 to build so don’t care about box condition if anyone has an extra, cough cough @BrickLegacy

F31AEEE9-0264-4AA5-AAC0-BE257FC8108E.jpeg

• Like 4

• 2 weeks later...

Hit up local LEGO Store. Grabbed 3 London Buses which WERE there last week (I think they had 6 at that time) and 2 Disney Train Stations which were NOT there last week. 20% off.

I was actually hoping to grab a Roller Coaster at 20% off, but those were gone.

Quite a few Upside Down's and Croc Locos at MSRP in stock.

They told me they were aggressively hoping to make room for the new 2022 sets. We'll see if that leads to more markdowns in a relatively short amount of time.

• Like 3

Didn’t buy, but gifted the Home Alone set by my mom as a family present. The wife, kids and I started it today.

Luckily my mom picked it up when it first came out. What was really funny tho is that I had clue what it was. And when the family started opening it, I jokingly said “oh that box is just the right size for the Home Alone house.”

Got the evil eye from the wife and did the Han Solo “it’s not my fault!”

• Like 1