What Lego set did you buy today?

28 minutes ago, Huskers1236 said:

Picked up a used UCS Imperial Star Destroyed of Mercari for $515.  Really prefer new, but saving almost two bills was too much to overlook.  Just put away my 10030 for this to go in its place.  

I'm buying one this year too. I'm saving up my Microsoft points. I hope to have $200 - $250 to offset it when I cash them in.

13 hours ago, oneknightr said:

Was that the one listed for $150? If yes, nice job haggling them down to $90.

Local CL and FBM has been good to me lately...just got a NISB near mint Big Bang Theory for $100 (I've been high on this set ever since The Office coming out...and the Sitcom Building MOC being a thing...Big Bang lack of popularity while out should appreciate nicely amongst the completionism crowd.

11 hours ago, Alpinemaps said:

I hate you right now. 

Actually your post got me thinking about it...I had bought locally a used one (w/ MF) for about $120 last year...but no box or manuals...I knew I was gonna build one (eventually) didn't care about MF...so  when this one popped up w/ box and manuals I figure I can resell the complete one w/ Box and Manuals down the road.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, BillyBricks said:

Fixed it.

I am always amazed at these finds. I don't know how you do it, especially when there is nothing in the title to indicate what was included when you would be scrolling through. Bravo, sir.

I only share what I consider to be more interesting finds. Here are some more brand new sets from February:

image.thumb.png.bc1db529c8f7215f741083afbc893c8a.png

Most come from sellers who buy return pallets. 

• Like 2

I wanted the Jane Goodall set, and needed the latest Brickheadz, so woke up at Midnight and ordered the following:

40550 Chip & Dale Brickheadz
40548 Spice Girls Tribute Brickheadz
40553 Woody & Bo Peep Brickheadz
40517 Vespa
31124 Super Robot
853995 Princess Aurora Keychain
854186 Ahsoka Keychain

My first order from Florida, so let's see if LEGO is quick to send things down here, rather than to San Diego (which always seemed to take about 7-10 days from order to receipt)

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Alpinemaps said:

I wanted the Jane Goodall set, and needed the latest Brickheadz, so woke up at Midnight and ordered the following:

40517 Vespa
31124 Super Robot
854186 Ahsoka Keychain

My first order from Florida, so let's see if LEGO is quick to send things down here, rather than to San Diego (which always seemed to take about 7-10 days from order to receipt)

I'm still not used to seeing you up this early.

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, bigfanofnu said:

Picked this up Sunday on FB Marketplace. Initially it was just to pick up the 6952: Solar Power Transporter and a 2 lb bag of loose older lego. Then member brings out 462: Mobil Rocket Launcher. Looking through the original box for the 6952 he mentions there are some extra space parts. Turns out it was a nearly complete 6930: Space Supply Station minus the base plate (which I have several) $50 for the whole lot. The 2 lb bag had a ton of great parts also. Love classic space lego!

427377909_SPACE004.jpg.672a9eb8603d68c4f3ce2958e9f34a81.jpg378158187_SPACE006.jpg.0a16d35a7932b96bd6854f731383b8a8.jpg333418963_SPACE005.jpg.f9f26116b4bb89edff8aea429dc14cc1.jpg2013886478_SPACE003.jpg.8ddd670e59662665f7c9289d50eefa2d.jpg

That Rover was my gateway drug when I was in the 4th grade

...I had a successful rehab in Junior High...but fell off the wagon in my 40s

Now I'm dumpster diving in alleys for cardboard boxes...a real low point for sure.

Say "NO" to LEGO kids...but I'm sure this forum is full of similar hard luck stories of the devastating effects of a toy...

Edited by $20 on joe vs dan
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

Forgive me for high-jacking this thread, I should have posted this in daily deals.  Lego for me is all about nostalgia and trying to regain that "High" I got opening or buying sets from my youth. I found this old scan on my computer from a 1983 Sears Wishbook. Enjoy the trip...

SearsWishbook-1983-P509.thumb.jpg.bed7b7d16b8054462ab56e8ea334e3e9.jpg

• Like 3

6 hours ago, Alpinemaps said:

40517 Vespa
31124 Super Robot
854186 Ahsoka Keychain

FYI Lego has started using Lasership to the North east, not sure what that means for everyone else but I have seen both good and bad comments about them.  Personally they always seem really fast for me, plus never seen anything damaged either.

7 minutes ago, Randyipp said:

FYI Lego has started using Lasership to the North east, not sure what that means for everyone else but I have seen both good and bad comments about them.  Personally they always seem really fast for me, plus never seen anything damaged either.

I got one of my Castles via LaserShip. The problem is that sometimes they deliver at crazy times and the package is left outside, like you know, 10 PM at night when it's freezing cold in a snow storm. I probably should sign up to be notified about their packages.

8 minutes ago, TANV said:

I got one of my Castles via LaserShip. The problem is that sometimes they deliver at crazy times and the package is left outside, like you know, 10 PM at night when it's freezing cold in a snow storm. I probably should sign up to be notified about their packages.

Yep, mine were outside before I left for work, wasn't sure if they dropped it off at 7AM or after 7PM the day before.

20 minutes ago, ravenb99 said:

just 1???

Same manager, Tim, been there 13 years now and still limits me to 1 per day. I got the rest of the new SC online another Stranger Things BH and the new John Deer tractor, so I will have 2. The review on the Brick Fan says flimsy build. 

• Like 1