What Lego set did you buy today?

31 minutes ago, Pseudoty said:

Same manager, Tim, been there 13 years now and still limits me to 1 per day. I got the rest of the new SC online another Stranger Things BH and the new John Deer tractor, so I will have 2. The review on the Brick Fan says flimsy build. 

Figures Tim would be the protector of Timmies

Another nice cl score. Got him down to $380. He had a lot of offers on individual sets but wanted to move the whole lot. Picked up last night. Pulled the haunted house for myself & listed the rest for $380. Just accepted an offer of $360, they are driving 90 minutes to pickup. 

Could have done a bit better but an easy hh for $20, cant beat that. 

DAB88AE3-55FB-4D18-9CD3-5660E8231BDD.jpeg

C7D2FA42-3C47-4DA0-B24B-BBA7DE17EB7D.png

• Like 6

On 3/3/2022 at 7:48 AM, Alpinemaps said:

I wanted the Jane Goodall set, and needed the latest Brickheadz, so woke up at Midnight and ordered the following:

40550 Chip & Dale Brickheadz
40548 Spice Girls Tribute Brickheadz
40553 Woody & Bo Peep Brickheadz
40517 Vespa
31124 Super Robot
853995 Princess Aurora Keychain
854186 Ahsoka Keychain

My first order from Florida, so let's see if LEGO is quick to send things down here, rather than to San Diego (which always seemed to take about 7-10 days from order to receipt)

I mentioned elsewhere, the haul came in record time (for me), being four days from order date, and two days from ship date.  Shocked!

Here's the haul:

IMG_9381.jpeg

• Like 2

On 3/8/2022 at 1:05 PM, Alpinemaps said:

I mentioned elsewhere, the haul came in record time (for me), being four days from order date, and two days from ship date.  Shocked!

Here's the haul:

IMG_9381.jpeg

I saw the pic before I clicked on this thread and already knew who bought it lol…mr. bhz 

23 minutes ago, coelian said:

Just picked up the ucs at-at at 549chf, surprised to have such a big discount so soon after its released. 

Whats full price up there? 

• Haha 1

took advantage of SAH Rakuten 10%, Jane GWP, and needed to redeem the last of my coins.

1x Sesame St (post retirement these will be get a nice boost w/ Muppets CMFs popularity)

2x Apollo (been OOS all over for awhile)

3 separate transactions, 3 Janes, 3 coins and 10% off (I saved the transaction# for potential Rakuten hyjinks)

[my reseller expectations w/ these are all three hits $300+ in next 3-5 years, coins resell as a set w/ case after they are long gone for maybe $150-$200, Janes hoping) for $75ea in 5 years]

Edited by $20 on joe vs dan

You guys that live near Disney have it too easy. Went to the store in Disney Springs while I waited for my kids band to perform. So...much..stuff! Picked up a few that I've been trying to stockpile and I could carry with me. c42be6b5ed0be1c720b966f5eb04ed1f.jpg

I’ve actually been to the Disney Springs store more times since I’ve moved here than my stores back in San Diego. But those stores were about 15 minutes further away from me there.

As for buying….I’m in South Florida this weekend, and found a lone Probe Droid for 50% off at a Walmart. Grabbed that to put away for awhile.
  • Like 5

I bought Jurassic World Carnotaurus Dinosaur Chase (2) and Ninjago Zane's Titan Mech Battle (1) sets at Target that they either priced matched or matched the shelf tag for 20% off.  For some reason the Carnotaurus Dinosaur Chase set seems to be in short supply, it has a big dragon and it may be a short run.  The Ninjago set has a exclusive golden suit version of Jay that may help it.  If not, I like the set and will keep it.  Win-win either way.

Edited by LegoWalker4

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Yesterday, I did my fourth round of Medieval Castle from Vitacost with Honey. This one was actually the best offer $20 plus 10% CB on the $100 not the discount. The other three were all $25 plus 2-4% CB. All have 1% PP CB as well so 28-31% off this set that hasn’t gone on sale at any major retailers yet. The funds are available in 8 days and I cash them out and use them towards the next purchase. 

• Like 2

Just pulled the trigger on this - £491 from John Lewis. First time (I'm aware of) that it's gone below £500 from a mainstream UK retailer. Supposedly retiring at the end of the year so I doubt that there will be too many more opportunities to get it at this price. Always risky to wait.

238470397?$rsp-pdp-port-640$

75252.jpg?fit=bounds%26format=jpg%26qual

Edited by Captain_chaos
  • Like 4

Meijer coming through with the triple-stack. Most LEGO sets are bogo40%. Seems to give issues at the register but they overrode it for the 2 new speed champions sets I found (the countach was officially out of stock but I found one hiding behind a stack of Koenigseggs NewEmoticons_happy.png ). $8 total purchase discount was somehow active on my account, and I had the 20% off Easter toy coupon too. I'll take 55% off newly released sets anytime, thanks!

b010619c43744c99deb01ae79ced925b.jpg

• Like 6

• 2 weeks later...

Today was the first time I went to a Lego store in a very long time.  I called ahead and they said that things weren't crazy busy but when I showed up there was a waiting line to get in.  It wasn't a big deal though, the line went quick and I was able to pick up the UCS cantina and get all the promos.  It went as smoothly as I could have hoped for.

• Like 1