What Lego set did you buy today?

Well, I'm hoping this order works out because I'm hearing from a BP'er that Ray may have been oversold and Rakuten 10% may not get past the checker for the exclusive 10305 Castle. Also, I tried all the tips on getting Spooky to appear, but no go, until my order was completed then it finally showed.

I pulled the trigger at 12:05a, so I'm hoping Ray gets shipped.

Clean sweep if everything works out.

image.thumb.png.06b72a13925c183ec437ddbb1c4cc3e4.png

14 minutes ago, Captain_Obvious said:

Well, I'm hoping this order works out because I'm hearing from a BP'er that Ray may have been oversold and Rakuten 10% may not get past the checker for the exclusive 10305 Castle. Also, I tried all the tips on getting Spooky to appear, but no go, until my order was completed then it finally showed.

I pulled the trigger at 12:05a, so I'm hoping Ray gets shipped.

Clean sweep if everything works out.

I wouldn't redeem VIP rewards (physical or otherwise) with Rakuten or any CB widget.  Seems they treat it as a coupon and will deny the cash back.  Had to fight Rakuten on that for months for the money back on AT-AT.

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, scratchdesk said:

I wouldn't redeem VIP rewards (physical or otherwise) with Rakuten or any CB widget.  Seems they treat it as a coupon and will deny the cash back.  Had to fight Rakuten on that for months for the money back on AT-AT.

They always use subtotal after coupons.

26 minutes ago, exciter1 said:

They always use subtotal after coupons.

I'd be very careful, all I'm saying.  I had $78 pending and it eventually just fell off and was never confirmed from purchasing the AT-AT on release with a VIP reward.  Also had another smaller one I didn't bother to chase for the same reason.  This was the eventual result and response:

As a courtesy, we are making an exception and adding Cash Back for this order to your account. If the code is not provided by Rakuten (even if it comes directly from Lego) it may void the Cash Back. In this case, Lego denied the Cash Back due to the code applied to the order. 

In the future, please make sure to only use coupon codes listed on the store’s Rakuten page. For more information, please see our Help/FAQ page: http://www.rakuten.com/help/exclusions.htm

Feel free to reach out to me if you still have any questions. Happy shopping.

Marlene
Member Services Supervisor
Rakuten.com

• Like 1

23 hours ago, scratchdesk said:

I'd be very careful, all I'm saying.  I had $78 pending and it eventually just fell off and was never confirmed from purchasing the AT-AT on release with a VIP reward.  Also had another smaller one I didn't bother to chase for the same reason.  This was the eventual result and response:

yes, can't bank on it unless you are totally going to follow-up and harass them for your pts months later. 

i got burned on UCS SD and then again on AT-AT. 

Kohl’s ordered a bunch more of the SC Corvette set this morning. Limit 6 KC codes redemption per order regardless of value (I think max is $1500) so had to break them up into 3 orders and pay $8.95 shipping per order even though I am a MVC.

Anyone remember if they have had a KC redemption period overlap with a Lego sale? Usually everything is full price or marked up.

Something to keep in mind if planning to get the UCS Razor Crest if and when they have it available.  I had $330 in KC (6X$30 3X$20 and 9X$10) but could only use $180. Anyone know a way to merge KC other than in store purchase & Return?

Also grabbed 1 witch for the collection. 

73512A55-D7F3-4D5A-AD45-8CB7F78A15F0.jpeg

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, chaozz said:

I'm holding out for the $15 for spending $50 in kohls cash, To bad they ship most stuff in plastic bags.

With the discounts and the stacking it's a great value now.  Last bunch of shipments I've had have been in new fancy (impossible to break down efficiently) boxes.  Though... earlier this month I did get some sets in bags.

12 minutes ago, scratchdesk said:

With the discounts and the stacking it's a great value now.  Last bunch of shipments I've had have been in new fancy (impossible to break down efficiently) boxes.  Though... earlier this month I did get some sets in bags.

You ever try to order to the store see if they arrive better?

I’ve been pretty quiet lately but I still check in 1-2 times a day. I’m surprised there hasn’t been more chatter regarding the current Meijer sale / coupon stack that was posted earlier today in the DD thread. Props to the OP.

Two separate stores. Two separate coupons (my wife and mine). I picked up all this today at 54% off. Normal sale/coupon pricing would have come to 49% but my teenage son just recently got his first part time job at my local Meijer so I was somehow able to apply his employee discount as well, bringing the savings to 54%. There are some good deals to be had, that’s for sure. Thanks again, OP!

Great Pyramid x5
Optimus Prime x3
Lamborghini x4
Lotus x3
Fluffy x4
Polyjuice x9
Slave 1 x1
Defense Class x4
Divination Class x1
Probe Droid x1
6d94a476de806a89c0f1a7b38de0842b.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
That's a pretty good haul. I only tried 1 pickup order of 2 speed champions (the 2 movie ones) and the great pyramid. Got notification they were substituting the Bond SC for a random other SC set, and that they were unable to fulfill the pyramid. So before picking up my order I went into the store and found one slightly beaten up box of the Bond SC but no trace anywhere in the toy section of the pyramid.

Customer Service price matched the Bond SC to the Promo ($9.79 before tax) and then I picked up my order with the F&F SC. I only buy to build ATM so that worked out for me.

Sent from my SM-A326U1 using Tapatalk

• Like 1

That's a pretty good haul. I only tried 1 pickup order of 2 speed champions (the 2 movie ones) and the great pyramid. Got notification they were substituting the Bond SC for a random other SC set, and that they were unable to fulfill the pyramid. So before picking up my order I went into the store and found one slightly beaten up box of the Bond SC but no trace anywhere in the toy section of the pyramid.

Customer Service price matched the Bond SC to the Promo ($9.79 before tax) and then I picked up my order with the F&F SC. I only buy to build ATM so that worked out for me.

Sent from my SM-A326U1 using Tapatalk

The pyramid and Optimus prime were both in a separate 4 foot section in electronics, along with bowser and a few other random sets. Both stores that I went to were set like this, so I think it’s a common display in most, if not all Meijer stores.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Like 1

The fit 12 per case apparently.

Haven't maxed my D this much since I found that topical cream in college.

1460788099_IMG_20221029_1103311962.thumb.jpg.f5ce9f0485c4856fd2fac91fa82f2eef.jpg

Waiting for the rest of this mess to arrive Monday. Along with more monster trucks

Update: 94 sets arrived today. 93 were in good shape. Had one busted up batman helmet. 

Edited by brickvoyeur
  • Like 4

8 minutes ago, scratchdesk said:

Had a whole mess of Kohls orders come in over the last few weeks.  All well protected in those fancy new indestructible cardboard boxes.  Not sure if I've just been lucky and all items have been fulfilled at the warehouse level or if this is the new norm.  It's a welcome change from years past.

same here. kinda annoying once you rip the strip its hard to reuse box. but A+ on condition of lego sets

One of my Kohls orders with 5 SC Corvette sets arrived last week with the tab pulled box partially open, bowed, and wet, and 4 of the 5 sets crushed. What was interesting is the FedEx tracking showed it heading back to Kohls but it eventually was delivered 5 days later. I contacted Kohls via online chat and they sent a replacement order of 5, even though only 4 were damaged, UPS the same day and they let me keep the original order no return needed. Also they sent me $5 in KC as an apology. Besides that all orders have been perfect.

KC available today.

This just arrived:

image.png.f830c1927dec28d39477d14b94900806.png

Seller said her kids were meticulous with their Lego when taking them apart and placed them in their individual bags. Sent me a list of everything below being included, and at first glance it all checks out. 

6863    Super Heroes    Batwing Battle Over Gotham City
7623    Indiana Jones    Temple Escape
9441    Ninjago    Kai's Blade Cycle
9443    Ninjago    Rattlecopter
9444    Ninjago    Cole's Tread Assault
9445    Ninjago    Fangpyre Truck Ambush
9446    Ninjago    Destiny's Bounty
9461    Monster Fighters    The Swamp Creature
9485    Cars    Ultimate Race Set
9558    Ninjago    Training Set
21114    Minecraft    The Farm
21115    Minecraft    The First Night
21117    Minecraft    The Ender Dragon
60008    City    Museum Break-in
60080    City    Spaceport
70000    Chima    Razcal's Glider
70003    Chima    Eris' Eagle Interceptor
70006    Chima    Cragger's Command Ship
70115    Chima    Ultimate Speedor Tournament
70222    Chima    Tormak's Shadow Blazer
70808    The Lego Movie    Super Cycle Chase
70809    The Lego Movie    Lord Business' Evil Lair
75917    Jurassic World    Raptor Rampage
76000    Super Heroes    Arctic Batman vs. Mr. Freeze: Aquaman on Ice
76031    Super Heroes    The Hulk Buster Smash
76048    Super Heroes    Iron Skull Sub Attack
79000    LOTR    Riddles for the Ring
79018    LOTR    The Lonely Mountain
79101    TMNT    Shredder's Dragon Bike

IMG_20221105_165238496.thumb.jpg.3b9e4af2ff4afa09257a2753215e0a41.jpg

Edited by brickvoyeur
  • Like 9

3 hours ago, brickvoyeur said:

This just arrived:

image.png.f830c1927dec28d39477d14b94900806.png

Seller said her kids were meticulous with their Lego when taking them apart and placed them in their individual bags. Sent me a list of everything below being included, and at first glance it all checks out. 

6863    Super Heroes    Batwing Battle Over Gotham City
7623    Indiana Jones    Temple Escape
9441    Ninjago    Kai's Blade Cycle
9443    Ninjago    Rattlecopter
9444    Ninjago    Cole's Tread Assault
9445    Ninjago    Fangpyre Truck Ambush
9446    Ninjago    Destiny's Bounty
9461    Monster Fighters    The Swamp Creature
9485    Cars    Ultimate Race Set
9558    Ninjago    Training Set
21114    Minecraft    The Farm
21115    Minecraft    The First Night
21117    Minecraft    The Ender Dragon
60008    City    Museum Break-in
60080    City    Spaceport
70000    Chima    Razcal's Glider
70003    Chima    Eris' Eagle Interceptor
70006    Chima    Cragger's Command Ship
70115    Chima    Ultimate Speedor Tournament
70222    Chima    Tormak's Shadow Blazer
70808    The Lego Movie    Super Cycle Chase
70809    The Lego Movie    Lord Business' Evil Lair
75917    Jurassic World    Raptor Rampage
76000    Super Heroes    Arctic Batman vs. Mr. Freeze: Aquaman on Ice
76031    Super Heroes    The Hulk Buster Smash
76048    Super Heroes    Iron Skull Sub Attack
79000    LOTR    Riddles for the Ring
79018    LOTR    The Lonely Mountain
79101    TMNT    Shredder's Dragon Bike

IMG_20221105_165238496.thumb.jpg.3b9e4af2ff4afa09257a2753215e0a41.jpg

Smaug alone pays for half of that. Nice find!

• Thanks 1

• 1 month later...