What Lego set did you buy today?

While visiting my sister I found a Lego store that had some retired sets on sale. Got a Seinfeld set for 67.99, Harry Potter Chess for 47.99, and a few others. Plus got 2 cups of masonry bricks which got me to the promos. The boxes were damaged, but still. I’ve never seen retail LEGO stores get old retired sets this late in the game?

1 hour ago, spener90 said:

While visiting my sister I found a Lego store that had some retired sets on sale. Got a Seinfeld set for 67.99, Harry Potter Chess for 47.99, and a few others. Plus got 2 cups of masonry bricks which got me to the promos. The boxes were damaged, but still. I’ve never seen retail LEGO stores get old retired sets this late in the game?

they primarily go to the ones that used to be classified as outlet stores which are most the ones in the Mills malls,  Sugarloaf, Concord, Sawgrass etc.   SAH would send the online returns to those stores back in the day and still do just not labeled as outlet stores anymore.  

Can alway see old random retired stuff returned in store at regular LEGO stores from time to time too.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

I decided to buy the bookshop today.  I'm not sure if this one is retiring or not, but I hadn't picked this one up yet.   Had some lego point sitting around, and the maze is netting about 30.00 on ebay, and the halloween pack is netting around 10.  So, figured with 40.00 worth of promos, this was better than buying it at 2x VIP points.   

I'm hoping the Police Station is still around at the end of this month with the Moving Van promo.  I plan on buying that one too for investment.

• Like 2

I know it’s not retiring, but I had to get 75331 UCS The Razor Crest out of the way with that crazy 30% discount / double Insider points / GWP / 2.5% Rakuten cash back / 2% CC cash back stack.  Probably won’t see that price again.  Now all eyeballs on the UCS Venator [hopefully] going on sale for Black Friday, and CANNOT WAIT for that bomb Avengers Tower around that same time.  Day 1 purchase, and hopefully it comes with a good promo.

Personally not buying anything these days unless 1) 50% or larger discount AND a desirable set on my hit list (in the past 50% to me was a indiscriminate purchase)

or 2) some unusual opportunity (like the stealth early retirement of the colosseum)

Everyone thought that the new influx of sellers would spell the end of lego investing or amazon closing the gates but ironically imo its lego itself with their never ending stream of bigger and better sets flooding the market, remakes, rehashes, or otherwise. That + consumer pullback = death of investing. 

That said, I expect epic sales Q4 this year, so I may be dragged back in.  

• Like 1

I know it’s not retiring, but I had to get 75331 UCS The Razor Crest out of the way with that crazy 30% discount / double Insider points / GWP / 2.5% Rakuten cash back / 2% CC cash back stack.  Probably won’t see that price again.  Now all eyeballs on the UCS Venator [hopefully] going on sale for Black Friday, and CANNOT WAIT for that bomb Avengers Tower around that same time.  Day 1 purchase, and hopefully it comes with a good promo.

It comes with an exclusive GWP - featuring black panther, a few outriders and a yellow car to fit right on the street level of the tower.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 hour ago, JustBrickinAround said:

never say never

UCS RC is not retiring anytime soon.  even the USC MILF hit new lows prior to retiring...this is a relatively new period where LEGO has been producing large amounts of different super expensive sets.  I think they are testing the ilk of the market (and resellers)...seeing how far to push.  The discounts along the way appear to be their way to hedge and control inventory levels.

• 2 weeks later...
12 hours ago, Phil B said:

Decided it was time to splurge on this one ... bought it a few weeks back from an EU Bricklink seller, arrived today ...

40504.thumb.jpg.1180dcccc497a7c2894424460343457f.jpg

You gonna build it?  I've built mine twice since it fell on the floor and is apparently pretty fragile vs. floor.  Great set and would love more of these types of sets. 

7 minutes ago, Huskers1236 said:

You gonna build it?  I've built mine twice since it fell on the floor and is apparently pretty fragile vs. floor.  Great set and would love more of these types of sets. 

I was looking into getting this but the sticker on the hat had me hesitant for the price. Looks pretty awesome. 

Yep, adding it to the Red shirt/Blue cap Minifigure and the HP duo.

By going the BL route I probably saved max $20 over just buying one from a local seller on EBay, but a dollar is a dollar :)

Sent from my SM-A326U1 using Tapatalk

• 1 month later...