What Lego set did you buy today?

If folks are cheap and are looking for stuff to buy AT a LEGO store for the boat promo, the one nearest me had some sets at 10-20% discount - marked with red tags on "sale" but not on clearance:

Kai Fighter, Kylo Ren's Shuttle, Resistance ITS Transport, Sith Trooper Battle Pack, Elsa's Castle, Friendship Bus, SMB Thwomp, SMB Boomer Bill, SMB Guarded Fortress... Monkie Kid stuff...

I grabbed a couple things and the manager was generous and gave me two promos.

bought 9499 because it was my turn

Image 01 - Lego Gungan Sub (7161)

actually "won it" on Ebay...$219.34 out the door...stars lines up w/ 5% Ebay Bucks available right when I was about to checkout.

I find myself hunting whales of late...that Queen Amidala has been on my mind for about a year now

edit: sorry wrong thread: "Build" "buy" what's the difference?

(for me about 5 years of backlog if I start building nonstop starting now)

Edited by $20 on joe vs dan

dang gummit...wrong post again...anyway to make this relevant... I bought a used big hogwarts for $215 on ebay

Monster Jam 2021 Yearbook

Past weekend took my boy and his buddy.  We did the pit passes $20 ea (a waste of money since you can't really engage w/ the drivers (Covid) or even get close to most of the trucks (ribboned off).  After about 10 pictures it was like,...well that was a waste of $100.

The show was relatively tame (never been before) and I guess because of the smaller indoor venue they didn't do the car crushing thing; which is what we were looking forward to.  It is crazy how high these trucks get and I am hoping it was memorable for the boys.

Edited by $20 on joe vs dan
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, $20 on joe vs dan said:

dang gummit...wrong post again...anyway to make this relevant... I bought a used big hogwarts for $215 on ebay

Monster Jam 2021 Yearbook

Past weekend took my boy and his buddy.  We did the pit passes $20 ea (a waste of money since you can't really engage w/ the drivers (Covid) or even get close to most of the trucks (ribboned off).  After about 10 pictures it was like,...well that was a waste of $100.

The show was relatively tame (never been before) and I guess because of the smaller indoor venue they didn't do the car crushing thing; which is what we were looking forward to.  It is crazy how high these trucks get and I am hoping it was memorable for the boys.

They don't crush the cars anymore, well not like they used too. Its all about stunts and racing these days. We've been to both the arena events and the stadium events. The stadium events are much better. The bigger area allows for some amazing freestyle which the arenas just cannot handle.

Stopped in the Lego store today first time since January 1st when I went for the Police Modular. They had all the big supposed retiring sets in stock and even had the MILF. Interesting how they chose to display  World Map the largest lego set ever made is on its side Carte Du Monde Mapamundi. I guess because nobody is going to buy it anyway. I was hoping to see the UCS Gunship on display but they had already broken it down. 

Anyway they had no Sailboat promos left so all I got was the Ninjago BHZ 3 pack.  The friendly cashier informed me I had a $20 reward and asked if I wanted to use it.  Turns out when I accidentally redeemed rewards for the wrong reward, in store but wanted online, and I called to get the online reward they never canceled the in store. YMMV

EECF69EE-B133-4C48-BD5A-3C24AF9A12E4.thumb.jpeg.31656d14937c4c6583c76b33e7cc80bd.jpeg

8AB91F5D-E873-4554-9D12-4616D19DCDC1.jpeg

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, Pseudoty said:

Stopped in the Lego store today first time since January 1st when I went for the Police Modular. They had all the big supposed retiring sets in stock and even had the MILF. Interesting how they chose to display  World Map the largest lego set ever made is on its side Carte Du Monde Mapamundi. I guess because nobody is going to buy it anyway. I was hoping to see the UCS Gunship on display but they had already broken it down. 

Anyway they had no Sailboat promos left so all I got was the Ninjago BHZ 3 pack.  The friendly cashier informed me I had a $20 reward and asked if I wanted to use it.  Turns out when I accidentally redeemed rewards for the wrong reward, in store but wanted online, and I called to get the online reward they never canceled the in store. YMMV

EECF69EE-B133-4C48-BD5A-3C24AF9A12E4.thumb.jpeg.31656d14937c4c6583c76b33e7cc80bd.jpeg

8AB91F5D-E873-4554-9D12-4616D19DCDC1.jpeg

yeah, when I went to my local store yesterday they were max stocked.  I couldn't really think of a recent set they didn't have...but in hindsight I think all the CNY sets were out (which was what I was supposed to get due to limits).

Why would they break down the UCS Gunship so soon?

weird how you think you have a plan going in...and then once in the store, seeing all the sets, you're like...what am I supposed to be buying? 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

32 minutes ago, $20 on joe vs dan said:

Why would they break down the UCS Gunship so soon?

Maybe they just removed the wings because it takes up so much space. Going back to the Tumbler release they stopped displaying sets that they don’t have in stock because it was causing them issues. 

ETA: They used to always have the old DS on display even when it was sold out. I was surprised how much room Mario sets have an entire display front window that normally has 5-6 different sets and most of the city section is now Mario. 

Edited by Pseudoty

30 minutes ago, $20 on joe vs dan said:

91meTjgw5RL._AC_SL1500_.jpg

$80 off FB marketplace, local face to face

I got the train recently and completionist/bargain hunter genes kicked in (I definitely don't want the other ones in the series...but dangit it's cool to see the Ol' Constitution Steamer w/ the stagecoach together)

How can you have train and not Silver Mine Shootout?  You can motorize the train and modify the mine so the train goes right through it? Then you mine as well pickup Colby City set as well.  

Edited by Pseudoty
  • Haha 1
  • Sad 1

ytd.thumb.jpg.b58a47ce72e5ce5cc6b8087a2106d540.jpgftf.thumb.jpg.6e1077275462f8c14cf91df2e190c0d5.jpg

Figured at $85 shipped I could flip Thrawn and break even. Sets ended up including:

4429 Helicopter Rescue
6860 The Batcave
6863 Batwing Battle Over Gotham City
6868 Hulk's Helicarrier Breakout
76001 Bane Tumbler Chase
76025 Green Lantern vs. Sinestro
70816 Benny's Spaceship
75099 Rey's Speeder
75137 Carbon Freezing Chamber
75149 Resistance X-Wing
75155 U-Wing Starfighter
75168 Yoda's Starfighter
75170 The Phantom
75173 Luke's Landspeeder

Had a new baby last Sunday and this was posted the next day. It sat for over a week before I messaged, and apparently my $90 was the first offer he received. Ended up being the same guy I grabbed the Treehouse/Speed Champions lot from last year. It was listed at $115. The lot included:

21160: The Illager Raid
21152: Pirate Ship
21155: The Creeper Mine
75270: Obi-Wan's Hut
75271: Luke Skywalker's Landspeeder
75241: Action Battle Echo Base Defence
75259: Snowspeeder – 20th Anniversary Edition
76100: Royal Talon Fighter Attack
76108: Sanctum Sanctorum Showdown
76088: Thor vs. Hulk: Arena Clash
75265: T-16 Skyhopper vs Bantha
75889: Ferrari Ultimate Garage
40408: Drag Racer
41487: Lloyd
41605: Thanos
41598: The Flash
75232: Kylo Ren & Sith Trooper

00U0U_kPhAJ1edp41z_07K0ak_1200x900.jpg.8efd96fddc5dfa1cf442b520bc13e719.jpg

00202_cnQxoKxRREWz_0ak07K_1200x900.jpg.be1b785cac4a9290024a11aea81df362.jpg

• Like 7

I spy a Lego Death Star with extra cheese slopes. Someone made out like a bandit today. I check craigslist from time to time and talk about a missed opportunity. Even though it was posted three hours ago and there was less than a 1% chance, I had to go see since it's only five mins away. No surprise...they were gone when I got there. I ended up with a couple of Hot Wheels and two unopened ribbons. 😂 

free Lego.jpg

free Lego2.jpg

1 hour ago, oneknightr said:

I spy a Lego Death Star with extra cheese slopes. Someone made out like a bandit today. I check craigslist from time to time and talk about a missed opportunity. Even though it was posted three hours ago and there was less than a 1% chance, I had to go see since it's only five mins away. No surprise...they were gone when I got there. I ended up with a couple of Hot Wheels and two unopened ribbons. 😂 

free Lego.jpg

free Lego2.jpg

I could use a pair of goggles

• Haha 1

I spy a Lego Death Star with extra cheese slopes. Someone made out like a bandit today. I check craigslist from time to time and talk about a missed opportunity. Even though it was posted three hours ago and there was less than a 1% chance, I had to go see since it's only five mins away. No surprise...they were gone when I got there. I ended up with a couple of Hot Wheels and two unopened ribbons.  
http://bp-forum.s3.amazonaws.com/monthly_2021_08/202803846_freeLego.jpg.4c4a0401e8c9c50ea55331baafd6b12d.jpg
http://bp-forum.s3.amazonaws.com/monthly_2021_08/2040584348_freeLego2.jpg.ae7ac47fcf3719efa7896f6fcc5df424.jpg

That hurts
  • Like 1