What Lego set did you buy today?

5 hours ago, Mathew said:

Can’t buy more what

Spend more and get multiples like they used to do.

I went to three stores this afternoon.  One had no more Monsters, one had no more Airplanes and one had everything.  Will hit a 4th and maybe a 5th tomorrow and then back to todays 🙂

2 hours ago, brickvoyeur said:

Picked up a couple weeks ago. Decided since it was close enough to take the drive. Offered asking price as it seemed worth it. Snapped a picture of the listing when I got back home for memories.

boats.JPG.9fabbbd143c65691ed0b7bc5746408a6.JPG

They provided no pictures, but It was quite the "hull"

20210319_150244-1.thumb.jpg.8c18cdaac6e23a4d2e9c81107d19d535.jpg

Overall from the bulk bin the 3 sets were about 98% complete. Sails for the Pearl and Queen Anne were in good shape. The flagship sails looked like they were used as toilet paper... so aftermarket sails are set to arrive tomorrow. Missing pieces already arrived from Bricklink. 

Manual missing for the flagship but the other two sets are there. 

Had this been 15 minutes further I probably would have waited for pictures and ended up in a bidding war.

Good stuff. Indeed, all about timing. I'm seeing uptake in LEGO interests in my area, and good stuffs gone in matter of minutes.

Years ago... I picked up complete with box and instructions QAR and BP for $100 each. Another BP for $150. Then recently I bought a couple of those for $100 as well.

My biggest score perhaps is a NISB Flagship for $400. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, brickvoyeur said:

Picked up a couple weeks ago. Decided since it was close enough to take the drive. Offered asking price as it seemed worth it. Snapped a picture of the listing when I got back home for memories.

boats.JPG.9fabbbd143c65691ed0b7bc5746408a6.JPG

They provided no pictures, but It was quite the "hull"

20210319_150244-1.thumb.jpg.8c18cdaac6e23a4d2e9c81107d19d535.jpg

Overall from the bulk bin the 3 sets were about 98% complete. Sails for the Pearl and Queen Anne were in good shape. The flagship sails looked like they were used as toilet paper... so aftermarket sails are set to arrive tomorrow. Missing pieces already arrived from Bricklink. 

Manual missing for the flagship but the other two sets are there. 

Had this been 15 minutes further I probably would have waited for pictures and ended up in a bidding war.

I really need to take more breaks during the day from my regular job and maybe one day I will beat brickvoyeur to deals like this.  :)  I must be searching Craigslist all wrong.  :( 

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, Bartat said:

You clearly need to buy a bigger car because buying less Lego is not an option

I have a bigger car, was unavailable though

After flattening the seats everything fit

And you're right, not an option at this point

28 minutes ago, gmpirate said:

Isn't there some forum rule that you can't just post pics like that without explanation, contents, source . . .

It's hard enough as it is, I don't want to help StoneWars out even more. They're big Creator Expert sets

Had the day off yesterday and went to my local brick and mortar Lego store. I haven't been in months. Was able to snag their last Book of Monsters along with the two Easter GWPs. I was hoping they would still have the Amelia Earhart GWP, but they said they ran out last week. 
http://bp-forum.s3.amazonaws.com/monthly_2021_03/BOM.thumb.jpg.71aa33f10e0bc408a81d5cb98cadadaa.jpg

Lucky you. Went to my local LEGO store and all they had left was the Easter polybag. No MBOM, no Earhart, no Bunny House. Said the weekend was absolutely crazy, likely all the stimulus checks getting cashed.

Ended up ordering a Crocodile online with a Bunny House ... needed the points for the VIP gift with the Space Shuttle :-)
  • Like 1

33 minutes ago, Phil B said:

Lucky you. Went to my local LEGO store and all they had left was the Easter polybag. No MBOM, no Earhart, no Bunny House. Said the weekend was absolutely crazy, likely all the stimulus checks getting cashed.

Ended up ordering a Crocodile online with a Bunny House ... needed the points for the VIP gift with the Space Shuttle 🙂

That sucks. Now that you mention the VIP gift with the Shuttle, that makes me wonder. If I buy the shuttle and redeem the VIP little set that's exclusive to the Shuttle, then I won't be able to use the redemption code for the Octan coin? Ugh.

1 hour ago, oneknightr said:

That sucks. Now that you mention the VIP gift with the Shuttle, that makes me wonder. If I buy the shuttle and redeem the VIP little set that's exclusive to the Shuttle, then I won't be able to use the redemption code for the Octan coin? Ugh.

What’s the exclusive VIP set for the shuttle? 

11 minutes ago, MotorCityMuscle said:

What’s the exclusive VIP set for the shuttle? 

there is no free gwp

you will need to have 1800 points in your vip account in order to purchase a coupon that you can redeem with an online order in order to get the Ulysses Space Probe

I believe it is interchangeable in the bay with the hubble

in the us that is spending $277 + tax to get the points to be able to redeem it and it won't last long

I'm in for it but lego is using their vip rewards program more efficiently for them every day with cool stuff for us lol

Edited by starwarsxpress

Picked up the Fire Dragon, Water Dragon and the purple one from Elves for 60. That way I can keep my sets sealed and add these ones to my dragon collection.
http://bp-forum.s3.amazonaws.com/monthly_2021_03/download.thumb.jpg.b73ab97171781892cb92c6ea4473037b.jpg
It always amazes me how much those dragons sell for on Ebay when they seem so common. It seems like every used "girls" Lego lot that I buy contains at least one of them.