What Lego set did you buy today?

Target nearby had 2nd series Mario Character Packs in stock - but you can only order 10 at a time for Drive Up/Pick Up. Placed 2 orders of 10 hoping to complete at least 1 set, but when I checked the bag they dropped in my trunk at the drive-up they had included the shipper with my 20 bags. I just finished smooshing the packs and indeed, they gave me a complete box with 2 sets of all 10 characters. Score!

• Like 2

On 1/22/2021 at 5:11 PM, Achilles said:

So this is interesting:

Stopped down to local LEGO Store today, I hadn't been in a week and a half or so. As others pointed out, they had done a pretty full restock - Toy Story 4 Sets, Hidden Side Sets, Lion Dance, etc all 20% off. I grabbed a T1.

That's not the interesting part -

They are doing the free Polybag promo - One of the managers who I have a good rapport with, told me that they are only allowing one free item per VIP account. Usually she lets me double or triple dip (assuming I spend the appropriate amount for multiples), but she said they actually have to scan these in with one's account, etc - and actually enter the promo code IN STORE as well. She said they didn't get that many, and they are being strict about it. She's calling it an "experiment" from corporate, but she made it sound like the plan is to limit Promos to one per VIP account.

Interestingly, looking at the language on the website, for the Skating rink, it says "One per customer". For the Polybag thing, it says one per HOUSEHOLD AND One per Customer, which is odd too - and of course, this is using a promo code. Maybe it's the Promo Code thing that's going to tie it to one's VIP account?

It sounds like this may be the direction they may try to go going forward, limited promos by having them tied to a VIP account and the code can only be used once per account? No idea. I haven't placed an order online to see what the situation is. But this is the first time they ever sounded strict about the one per customer promo thing in store.

Maybe they were just thrown off by the Code thing. I went in this morning and grabbed 2 Lion Dances and they gave me 2 promos without saying anything.

So odd. :)

SORRY TO PANIC EVERYONE! (or the two people who may have been panicked).

I bought 5 Lord of the Ring sets (used) Offerup: $500

• Tower of Orthanc
  • Helms Deep
  • Mines of Moria
  • Battle at the Black Gate
  • Ship Ambush

I know the price ain't great but it was a chance at getting pretty much all the LotR sets I wanted in one swoop. Condition looks great from an adult collector.  This series has really taken off in the past year or so. I would say in general prices have almost doubled in the the last 1.5 years.  This is my 2nd Tower of Orthanc so I will flip it to recoup some costs.

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, $20 on joe vs dan said:

• Tower of Orthanc
  • Helms Deep
  • Mines of Moria
  • Ship Ambush

I know the price ain't great but it was a chance at getting pretty much all the LotR sets I wanted in one swoop. Condition looks great from an adult collector.  This series has really taken off in the past year or so. I would say in general prices have almost doubled in the the last 1.5 years.  This is my 2nd Tower of Orthanc so I will flip it to recoup some costs.

Orthanc, great set to build but man was it disappointing to resell...

1 hour ago, $20 on joe vs dan said:

• Tower of Orthanc
  • Helms Deep
  • Mines of Moria
  • Ship Ambush

LOTR has does deceptively well.

4 hours ago, $20 on joe vs dan said:

l also got this bad boy:

LEGO-Classic-Town-6544-Shuttle-Transcon-2-1995

$100 ebay (ofcourse the night before the 8% ebucks)...anyhoo; the source material is so iconic to me; I'd really like to re-create it using current larger LEGO sets...anyone have some ideas?

I had that set sealed a few months ago, bought it from a French eBay seller. I flipped it right away for a decent price. 

45 minutes ago, Jbad87 said:

$150 craigslist pick up. Now I have to take it apart and bag it so my little dude can build it.

16116787026334962461873037833739.jpg

Nice pickup! I still remember when the original Taj Mahal was worth $1500+ a bit after it retired. I still remember buying a sealed 10179 UCS Falcon for $1000 and then flipping it a year later for $3200. Man, those were the days.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, oneknightr said:

Nice pickup! I still remember when the original Taj Mahal was worth $1500+ a bit after it retired. I still remember buying a sealed 10179 UCS Falcon for $1000 and then flipping it a year later for $3200. Man, those were the days.

I thought I was hot stuff, getting an original Taj for $40 in my neighborhood.  Only to discover 1) the first third was missing, 2) this was two days before the rumors of a new Taj hit, and 3) the new Taj wasn't a rumor anymore two days after that.

I do have a bunch of nice white bricks for my winter village, tho.

• Haha 5

Not today but a couple days ago I found the last Jay Storm Fighter available for retail price at a store in the area. My oldest (9yo) really wanted that set since he found out about it a few months ago. Hes been doing great in school so I gave it to him yesterday. He was VERY excited.

Today I finally caved and bought the 501st legion clone troopers set today along with the Trouble on Tatooine set. I had some gift cards for best buy so that helped with the decision.

And the Mos Eisley set is out for delivery today 😁

My kids are going to flip when they see that one. Will probably be a while before I let them start on it. Maybe an end of school year reward.

Also yesterday I bought my nephew (3yo) a Duplo plane set. He always enjoys the Duplos my smaller children have.

• Like 2