What Lego set did you buy today?

37 minutes ago, Brick Licker said:

I am sorry to have strayed on this topic. 

Back on topic, I am waiting on Assembly Square to show up from Target. Got in on the treehouse for Walmart and just picked up a Land Rover. 

Stoked to build these and recoup some of the costs. 

dude...read the room...it's a MILF thread...you need to give it at least another 5 pages before going back on topic

sheesh!

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Did a run to the stores on day 1 after lockdown, nothing much but at the last shop the entire Xmas toys area was 50% off. These included the liebher Excavator, volvo hauler, destiny's bounty and some smaller sets like Anakin podracer and other retired small sets. 

When I started loading my cart a bunch of retirees noticed and they started to be interested, I told one of them in my broken French these are fairly new sets and a good deal. So me together with 2 other retirees proceeded to arm sweep the shelves which were full when I arrived.

May head back tomorrow to pick up the rest of the Technic car transporters at half off, hope they're still there. I'm annoyed with myself for not clearing the boot of the kids stuff before a lego run. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, BricksBrotha said:

Psyched about these!

370AE119-FE23-414D-815D-241A51AFD2C4.jpeg

LEGO wants a to capitalize on pop culture nostalgia when they have this perfect LEGO nostalgia things like this that will take 35-40 year olds back to being a kid and would be a big hit IMO as a re release LEGO classic space castle pirates etc. adults would  be building space police blacktron black falcon and forestmen armies

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Datoyman said:

LEGO wants a to capitalize on pop culture nostalgia when they have this perfect LEGO nostalgia things like this that will take 35-40 year olds back to being a kid and would be a big hit IMO as a re release LEGO classic space castle pirates etc. adults would  be building space police blacktron black falcon and forestmen armies

On a somewhat related note, I gave the small orange technic corvette to the father of a buddy of mine who was going through chemo. This man was in his late 70s. He was blown away by the engineering of that simple technic set. He had no idea. He loved building puzzles and I told him Lego was just like a 3D puzzle with instructions. I then loaned him my big technic wheel loader 42030 to build. He made quick work of that set, disassembled it and downloaded the alternate build online to build the second model. I know Lego is working on appealing to the adult market but I think they are missing a massive market in the senior adult community. They have money and the time to do these kind of projects. And combine that with the idea that they could build together with their grandkids or their adult kids and it would be a winning combination. We forget how much the average person does not know about Lego. Or things a bit more unique like Techinc. So many people are blown away when I show them the complexity of the big technic sets. 

• Like 9

154967520_1152068971893101_1500643438957753460_o.jpg?_nc_cat=100&ccb=3&_nc_sid=843cd7&_nc_ohc=xbJfLCqACxEAX9Vi4ND&_nc_ht=scontent-lga3-2.xx&tp=6&oh=b0e91abb8029d2be237cda1e0390a120&oe=6064D210

Just picked this lot up on FB. 40 older minifigs. Originally listed for $225, marked down to $199.  Talked them down to $100 shipped.  I only needed a few of the pieces and wanted a handfull of the figs. The lady was very nice and ended up just shipping me lot. What I dont want will be passed along to other spacers.  Let me know if you see anything you need or want to trade. SP 2, Ice Planet and Blacktron 2 figs up for grabs. I will be keeping the rest. 

• Like 6

All on ebay in past weeks...just feelin like sharing I guess:

Used Technic Droideka 8002: negotiated $40 plus $20 ship: always thought this was the perfect genre for this model...I think I will need new rubber bands

Lego 8002 - Star Wars Destroyer Droid - 99% Complete

Used incomplete Holiday Train 10254: neg $50 ($69 out the door): been in the market for one for past 2 years...I figure I can find the missing parts or BL it.

Lego Creator Winter Holiday Train (10254) INCOMPLETE PLEASE READ

NISB BB8: Neg $105 ($125 total):  honestly high on this set (kicks myself at ignoring them at $55 everywhere); popular character and ofcourse will likely rise once re-issue of UCS R2 comes out...even not; it's a must have for any SW fan...me thinks.

LEGO Star Wars BB-8 Buildable Character (75187) New in Box 

Used 1989 Batmobile $172 ($200 total); been looking for one to build (so I sell my NISBs)l this one was a quarter built w/ rest in sealed bags.

LEGO DC 1989 Batmobile Set (76139) - 3306 Pieces - Read Description!

Used Stranger Things: $130...same reasons as batmobile...Season 4 will be coming out shortly

NISB Lloyd's Mech 70676 $110 ($119 total):ouch!...just waited too long getting this; I don't think it ever hit discounts so I don;t feel too bad about the premium price...for some reason I envision a shelf full of LEGO Mechs in my office and this one is a must have for it...

LEGO NINJAGO Lloyd's Titan Mech 70676 Building Kit with Minifigures (876 Pieces)

• Like 2

This week I've seen 42095 being clearanced at a few local supermarkets and I grabbed all of them. The power functions alone is worth more than the entire cost of the set at 50% off especially when thenew remote control car is ridiculously priced.

I've been having decent returns on a bunch of 8293 which I swept during summer sales last year. I'm hopeful sets with good number of power functions will do well. 

22 hours ago, $20 on joe vs dan said:

NISB Lloyd's Mech 70676 $110 ($119 total):ouch!...just waited too long getting this; I don't think it ever hit discounts so I don;t feel too bad about the premium price...for some reason I envision a shelf full of LEGO Mechs in my office and this one is a must have for it...

LEGO NINJAGO Lloyd's Titan Mech 70676 Building Kit with Minifigures (876 Pieces)

Finding two of these on clearance early last year at $19 each is looking like a much better decision now... :) 

16 minutes ago, LegoWalker4 said:

Finding two of these on clearance early last year at $19 each is looking like a much better decision now... :) 

Hard to lose money with that buy in price. I did not dare buy more of the ninjago movie mechs given how sucky the movie was and only got 1 of each mech for myself. Should have gotten all the fire mechs when it was clearanced here for 30 a piece.