What Lego set did you buy today?

Got my lonely SW 75280 battle pack from Amazon for $24.00 each.

Waiting for the next double VIP to pickup other sets including the latest Technic sets

All Lego purchases have been on the back burner for a while now but not really looking at stepping or ramping it up, just getting what I really like.

Edited by BrickSamurai
Adding to post

Stumbled on someone selling a Captain Marvel and the Asis 77902 on Facebook Marketplace. Had never seen or heard of that set before, but after some quick research decided it was something I needed to get. 

They also said they had an original Mos Eisley Cantina 4501 (blue box) so I grabbed that as well. I'm still pretty new to the game but thought these two were some great finds. I am pumped. Got both for of these for well below the current market value too! 

• Like 3

1787 Crater Cruiser for $20 shipped. no box or instructions.  Unitron sets are now complete! (only

4 sets) 

11 minutes ago, oneknightr said:

Was on the fence but ended up buying it off of Craigslist for $80 based on @Phil B's recommendation. My 8yo son can't stop playing with the ejector seat! haha  Will be taking this apart soon to rebuild with him. 

aston.jpg

Nice!  Must...resist...

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Captain_chaos said:

I didn't buy a Lego set today, I bought an empty Lego box. Specifically, I bought the box for 10182 Café Corner. Saw it come up on eBay for ~£30 and pounced, since these are a) as rare as hen's teeth and b) if you can find one it'll be worth well over £100 (the only one on Bricklink is about £270 not including shipping). I do actually have a Café Corner which previously had no box, so that's nice.

Also on the theme of rare bits for expensive modulars, I managed to bag a set of instructions for 10190 Market Street for ~£50. Again a very good find as the typical price would probably be 3 - 4 times that. 

Nice scores! That reminds me. I need to build a Cafe Corner I bought a while back to make sure it's complete. Wish I had a box to go with it. 

I recently bought a used 1989 Batmobile (I am now free to sell the other two NISB-this is how I roll)...especially relevant because the seller included two other LEGO set boxes (in good condition): a current play scale MILF box to house the built part of the set and another (Orange x-wing) as a spacer. The Batmobile box had the unopened bags. Poor guy forked over $55 in postal fees...I advised to him to next time purchase shipping thru ebay which is usually highly discounted (especially FedEx Ground)....I didn't mention the obvious about keeping dimensions to a minimum.

Anyway, i now have a box for the used MILF I will eventually get (I hear it's the best version) and a box for the used orange xwing which I recently bought.

sidenote: I also have some near mint Modular set boxes...of which I am hunting for used sets (don't ask...but bet many here can guess how that happened); if anyone is selling, I have a near mint BB box that could really use a set to go with it ☺️

• Like 2

8 hours ago, Captain_chaos said:

I didn't buy a Lego set today, I bought an empty Lego box. Specifically, I bought the box for 10182 Café Corner. Saw it come up on eBay for ~£30 and pounced, since these are a) as rare as hen's teeth and b) if you can find one it'll be worth well over £100 (the only one on Bricklink is about £270 not including shipping). I do actually have a Café Corner which previously had no box, so that's nice.

s-l1600.jpg

Also on the theme of rare bits for expensive modulars, I managed to bag a set of instructions for 10190 Market Street for ~£50. Again a very good find as the typical price would probably be 3 - 4 times that. 

s-l1600.jpg

It’s very satisfying to find a missing box or instructions at a discount to normal price. IMO it’s kind of like getting the set again as the box is the outer packaging and/or the instructions usually prompt me to disassemble and rebuild the set itself

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Alpinemaps said:

A box for a used MILF *is* the best version.

Okay, so, what’s MILF actually mean in relation to LEGO?  My brain isn’t functioning beyond a 10th grade level on this one. 

Note to Mod: Can I get my account green lighted so that I can post like a regular human being? Please. 

14 minutes ago, Brick Licker said:

Okay, so, what’s MILF actually mean in relation to LEGO?  My brain isn’t functioning beyond a 10th grade level on this one. 

Note to Mod: Can I get my account green lighted so that I can post like a regular human being? Please. 

The new UCS MF.
Your account Be automatically upgraded to normal human being once you hit 20 posts . 

• Thanks 1