What Lego set did you buy today?

4 hours ago, Pseudoty said:

I had to go to the Apple store at the mall today and was early for my pickup time so I went into the Lego store to kill time. I think the last time I bought a set from there was Assembly Square on New Year’s Day 2017 and they still had them on the shelf today. My GF (like how I threw that in there) said: “let’s get a set to build it will be fun”. They had a lot of neat sets I had never seen in person: diagon alley, coliseum (no way was I building that), piano, Batmobile, and many more. We ended up getting barracuda bay it just looks like a fun build, no points, no promos, no sales, no backroom deals just being a regular person not a reseller or QFLL. 

DEFCFB92-99B0-4549-92D1-6B411D68C07A.jpeg

I want this set for a personal build, just need to find the time. I still have my Eldorado Fortress and Black Seas Barracuda on the shelf.

3 hours ago, $20 on joe vs dan said:

is there any way I can talk my wife into believing the Vestas set is a functional fan that we could use to cool the air in the living room?

I tried with my wife and since it is winter she put it away in the cupboard in the cellar, like any fan after summer ...
  • Sad 1

image.png.db5b547b36095e4b997a364ec4cc1cd2.png

i remember when i thought this would be a winner but then the barge(s) showed up post EOL and seller count went into triple digits and i was a little concerned but faith in a perennial winner is rewarded.  i still have a freaking ton of these but since they sell like hotcakes at $57-59, few more unexpected at $20 msrp didn't seem so bad.  even if they are smashed returns, still will make money.  there were originally 20x when i noticed they were available so probably not returns.  i put 14 in my cart, ended up with 6, reduced to 4 by time i frantically hit the pay button.

Edited by cladner

A regular Sunday shopping session.

It seems too easy :

- HP books aren't available anywhere online until February 

- The book of Monsters is out of stock on the shop online

- 90€ of goodies for a 85€ purchase... wtf !?

IMG_20210103_175142.jpg

Edited by denosya
  • Like 4

11 minutes ago, denosya said:

A regular Sunday shopping session.

It seems too easy :

- HP books aren't available anywhere online until February 

- The book of Monsters is out of stock on the shop online

- 90€ of goodies for a 85€ purchase... wtf !?

IMG_20210103_175142.jpg

i would make that buy every sunday of the week :D

2 hours ago, coelian said:

Would your account get flagged if you do this in stores regularly? 

Good question. The most I've ever done was two transactions on one trip with one VIP account. My Lego store is a smaller one with usually only 2 staff working, so it's pretty obvious. Plus they know me by my first name...

19 hours ago, eliminator said:

Good question. The most I've ever done was two transactions on one trip with one VIP account. My Lego store is a smaller one with usually only 2 staff working, so it's pretty obvious. Plus they know me by my first name...

The nearest lego store is 2 hours away and I go there maybe twice a year, I've bought a dozen brickheadz at one go whilst they are not bothered by it I'm not sure if it causes my account to get flagged.

10 minutes ago, denosya said:

I have sold all the books in the week-end. I have to go back to the store for more. I'll let you know 😅

I was planning to go to Lyon this weekend and just found out that the winter sales are delayed, I will push it to two weeks later but I don't think any of the GWP will be around anymore...

• Sad 1

9 minutes ago, BricksBrotha said:

not sure if its just me, but she comes off very cringeworthy in the video.  'My first mech!'  Girl, I'll show you a mech.

edit: Guess with the youtube channel named Emmasaurus, cringeworthy is par for the course.

Ha, just one GWP! That’s the cringe for me.

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, BricksBrotha said:

not sure if its just me, but she comes off very cringeworthy in the video.  'My first mech!'  Girl, I'll show you a mech.

edit: Guess with the youtube channel named Emmasaurus, cringeworthy is par for the course.

Dude your calling my wife cringeworthy 😂

Well she is somebody’s wife from Austin TX  

Anyway, I found her relatively new channel when looking for a review of the new Modular police station and her’s was pretty good IMO. 

Edited by Pseudoty
  • Haha 2

39 minutes ago, Pseudoty said:

her’s was pretty good IMO. 

I do give credit when its due. The time interval counter has sections labeled so you can jump/skip ahead. Must be a newer feature on Youtube. Very helpful to jump through 2 hour videos for the 1 min of content you are looking for.  In this case, I just wanted to see the Police station next to other Modulars. However, this small feature doesn't reduce the cringe level. 

Untitled.jpg

• Like 1