What Lego set did you buy today?

3 minutes ago, denosya said:

I have just bought 75965 The Rise Of Voldemort x18 at retail price. 

Better late than never !

I think you will do fine on those, I parted out 20 earlier this year and sold many of the parts and figs already, so much so I started buying them again when I saw them available for $16.

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, gmpirate said:

Oh, I'm so jelly.  That set was number one on my list to pick up but only found one for $10 by the time I got around to it.  I didn't have my van available last year and so my car looked like that full of $17 Hagrid's Hut's.   

Definitely jealous, it's extremely rare to see anything that cheap in the north east. Sets just never get that low up here before they sell out. Target at 30% off for black Friday meant the shelves were nearly barren. 

Picked up my last Skating Rink Promo this AM, YMMV but this store was also giving away Penguin or Banana Hut guys with $10 purchase or more.

I inquired about the Janu 2021 Promo Cal, and he said it was being held back because there's some bombshell release info on there apparently. Anybody have any insight?

Also, despite being in the LEGO store apx 30 times the last month, I have still yet to see one person buy or ask about Monkie Kid sets which are still stockpiled on the shelf.

Edited by Achilles
Fix typo.

5 minutes ago, Achilles said:

Picked up my last Skating Rink Promo this AM, YMMV but this store was also giving away Penguin or Banana Hut guys with $10 purchase or more.

I inquired about the Janu 2021 Promo Cal, and he said it was being held back because there's some bombshell release info on there apparently. Anyway have any insight?

Also, despite being in the LEGO store apx 30 times the last month, I have still yet to see one person buy or ask about Monkie Kid sets which are still stockpiled on the shelf.

Yeah, my conversations with staff say they don't sell well.  The theme has just not penetrated American markets like Asian countries where I believe they said it came from.  Great looking sets however.

17 minutes ago, gmpirate said:

Yeah, my conversations with staff say they don't sell well.  The theme has just not penetrated American markets like Asian countries where I believe they said it came from.  Great looking sets however.

I can't help but wonder if it NOT being in other retail outlets hurts the line, just by there not being more exposure and kids wandering by and getting curious and such.

Monkie kid: I only bought a Big mech and a demon bull mech. Sold big mech for a profit, I might buy another EOL to hold, It is pretty cool. The monkie kid poly does have a nice motorcycle that I added to my city.

Unrelated but on topic: Bought even more Herbivores today:)

• Like 1

Bought a used Technic lot for $350 that includes:
42100 - Liebherr
42096 - Porsche
42077 - Rally Car
42110 - Landrover
42076 - Hovercraft

All 100% complete, with instructions and boxes.

The funny thing is, is that this is a guy that semi-regularly buys new Technic sets from me. I sold him the Hovercraft new for $80, and sold him the Liebherr (which I had won from the Lego raffle reddit) for $200 and a used 100% complete with instructions and box 42082 Rough Terrain Crane. So, I have already gotten $280 cash from him for sets I sold him. Now I basically give him his money back and get my new sets back in used, adult collector condition and for $70 more got a Rough Terrain Crane, Landrover, Rally Car and white Porsche. Not a bad deal.

• Like 7

4 hours ago, Shortbus311 said:

Bought a used Technic lot for $350 that includes:
42100 - Liebherr
42096 - Porsche
42077 - Rally Car
42110 - Landrover
42076 - Hovercraft

All 100% complete, with instructions and boxes.

The funny thing is, is that this is a guy that semi-regularly buys new Technic sets from me. I sold him the Hovercraft new for $80, and sold him the Liebherr (which I had won from the Lego raffle reddit) for $200 and a used 100% complete with instructions and box 42082 Rough Terrain Crane. So, I have already gotten $280 cash from him for sets I sold him. Now I basically give him his money back and get my new sets back in used, adult collector condition and for $70 more got a Rough Terrain Crane, Landrover, Rally Car and white Porsche. Not a bad deal.

Yeah, I'm learning to take the time to develop a rapport and hopefully a relationship with my sellers/buyers..it's so easy to go for the quick transaction (CV and face mask prompts this)...but 30 minutes ago I sold a Slave 1 Ani to a mom "who ruined Christmas" by buying the wrong Slave 1 (nonLEGO apparently), Fb Marketplace for $180 (my asking price-zero haggle); she was just happy to find me. Anyway, her boys love LEGO and build only sets meticulously...she mentioned she donated a bunch of them when they move and was thinking she really ought to sell the sets the boys are no longer interested in...

Sales come and go; but a good customer is something special.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Pseudoty said:

I had to go to the Apple store at the mall today and was early for my pickup time so I went into the Lego store to kill time. I think the last time I bought a set from there was Assembly Square on New Year’s Day 2017 and they still had them on the shelf today. My GF (like how I threw that in there) said: “let’s get a set to build it will be fun”. They had a lot of neat sets I had never seen in person: diagon alley, coliseum (no way was I building that), piano, Batmobile, and many more. We ended up getting barracuda bay it just looks like a fun build, no points, no promos, no sales, no backroom deals just being a regular person not a reseller or QFLL. 

DEFCFB92-99B0-4549-92D1-6B411D68C07A.jpeg

scumbag resellers are also normal people!

• Like 1

I had zero interest in the Vestas Wind Turbine set until recently. The printed parts pushed me to finally get one before it’s too late. My local store had one left at 20% off with 2018 seal codes....and some shelf-ware. But at least got the holiday promos too.

F1BE14BF-9B02-4DC2-A523-3C1E81F6B99E.jpeg

Edited by eliminator
  • Like 3