What Lego set did you buy today?

Bought in recent weeks:

Turbo Tank (most recent I believe) NISB (some shelf wear) $150 (Offerup)...good price, not a steal or anything, but local and I avoided 8.5% sales tax and shipping costs.

Chinese New Years Eve's Dinner NISB (nice box) $220 (CL)...I'm high on Asian sets, I think it's slow but trending up and eventually (2-3 years) the earlier ones will likely be sought after.  Should note i originally sold mine that I got for $150 for $225...I suck at re-selling.

Ninjago Destiny's Bounty (the big one w two headed dragon) NISB (shelf wear) $160 (Offerup): just an amazing price (original RRP).

• Like 2

So this is interesting:

Stopped down to local LEGO Store today, I hadn't been in a week and a half or so. As others pointed out, they had done a pretty full restock - Toy Story 4 Sets, Hidden Side Sets, Lion Dance, etc all 20% off. I grabbed a T1.

That's not the interesting part -

They are doing the free Polybag promo - One of the managers who I have a good rapport with, told me that they are only allowing one free item per VIP account. Usually she lets me double or triple dip (assuming I spend the appropriate amount for multiples), but she said they actually have to scan these in with one's account, etc - and actually enter the promo code IN STORE as well. She said they didn't get that many, and they are being strict about it. She's calling it an "experiment" from corporate, but she made it sound like the plan is to limit Promos to one per VIP account.

Interestingly, looking at the language on the website, for the Skating rink, it says "One per customer". For the Polybag thing, it says one per HOUSEHOLD AND One per Customer, which is odd too - and of course, this is using a promo code. Maybe it's the Promo Code thing that's going to tie it to one's VIP account?

It sounds like this may be the direction they may try to go going forward, limited promos by having them tied to a VIP account and the code can only be used once per account? No idea. I haven't placed an order online to see what the situation is. But this is the first time they ever sounded strict about the one per customer promo thing in store.

20 minutes ago, Achilles said:

So this is interesting:

Stopped down to local LEGO Store today, I hadn't been in a week and a half or so. As others pointed out, they had done a pretty full restock - Toy Story 4 Sets, Hidden Side Sets, Lion Dance, etc all 20% off. I grabbed a T1.

They are doing the free Polybag promo - One of the managers who I have a good rapport with, told me that they are only allowing one free item per VIP account. Usually she lets me double or triple dip (assuming I spend the appropriate amount for multiples), but she said they actually have to scan these in with one's account, etc - and actually enter the promo code IN STORE as well. She said they didn't get that many, and they are being strict about it. She's calling it an "experiment" from corporate, but she made it sound like the plan is to limit Promos to one per VIP account.

Interestingly, looking at the language on the website, for the Skating rink, it says "One per customer". For the Polybag thing, it says one per HOUSEHOLD AND One per Customer, which is odd too - and of course, this is using a promo code. Maybe it's the Promo Code thing that's going to tie it to one's VIP account?

It sounds like this may be the direction they may try to go going forward, limited promos by having them tied to a VIP account and the code can only be used once per account? No idea. I haven't placed an order online to see what the situation is. But this is the first time they ever sounded strict about the one per customer promo thing in store.

Interesting. When I went Wednesday the manager scanned a card for the poly promos not the actual Polybag and I was surprised I got multiples, one of each, on the same transaction so it isn’t register limited. Then I got another fire copter on the next transaction same VIP account. I only placed one order online for the triple promo stack so do see what you are saying. 

30 minutes ago, Achilles said:

So this is interesting:

Sounds like a good way to lose business 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Pseudoty said:

Interesting. When I went Wednesday the manager scanned a card for the poly promos not the actual Polybag and I was surprised I got multiples, one of each, on the same transaction so it isn’t register limited. Then I got another fire copter on the next transaction same VIP account. I only placed one order online for the triple promo stack so do see what you are saying. 

Dang. They better not! My local store has been very generous throughout the pandemic. I triple stacked GWPs in store today and the staff are well aware that I have loads of these already. 

AD8E2D5E-7495-4E20-A8FC-E00583568E8D.jpeg