What Lego set did you buy today?

8 hours ago, coelian said:

The nearest lego store is 2 hours away and I go there maybe twice a year, I've bought a dozen brickheadz at one go whilst they are not bothered by it I'm not sure if it causes my account to get flagged.

A dozen brickheadz is nothing to worry about. Those could be party favors. It's when you buy a dozen USC Star Wars ships on May the 4th weekend - each on it's own order to try to maximize the GWP ($2500 worth) in a 2 hour period that gets you banned like I did. That was years ago. No longer banned but I was an idiot and didn't know what I was doing at the time. 

1 minute ago, Gonkalin said:

A dozen brickheadz is nothing to worry about. Those could be party favors. It's when you buy a dozen USC Star Wars ships on May the 4th weekend - each on it's own order to try to maximize the GWP ($2500 worth) in a 2 hour period that gets you banned like I did. That was years ago. No longer banned but I was an idiot and didn't know what I was doing at the time. 

A dozen UCS SW sets could be party favors if you are David Beckham. 😂 How long did it take for you to be unbanned? 

Recently I did have a few orders cancelled as I went over the limits, were they not that strict in the past? I made quite a few HP orders to get both GWP recently, I kept within limits for the various sets but am afraid I'll get the ban hammer if I do that in store as well.

4 minutes ago, coelian said:

A dozen UCS SW sets could be party favors if you are David Beckham. 😂 How long did it take for you to be unbanned? 

Recently I did have a few orders cancelled as I went over the limits, were they not that strict in the past? I made quite a few HP orders to get both GWP recently, I kept within limits for the various sets but am afraid I'll get the ban hammer if I do that in store as well.

I don't think they make connections between in-store and online purchases. Going over the limit in one doesn't affect the other, so I doubt links between the two are made even if you use the same VIP number. You should be fine (says random Internet guy). 

12 minutes ago, coelian said:

How long did it take for you to be unbanned? 

About 2.5-3 years. It really wasn't a problem. I live 10 minutes from a lego store and I could still buy exclusives in-store. And everything else i normally buy at Amazon/Wally/Target anyway. Wasn't anything more than a very minor inconvenience. 

2 hours ago, Gonkalin said:

About 2.5-3 years. It really wasn't a problem. I live 10 minutes from a lego store and I could still buy exclusives in-store. And everything else i normally buy at Amazon/Wally/Target anyway. Wasn't anything more than a very minor inconvenience. 

So it was a purely online ban and didn't affect your vip points? 

My purchases are mostly online from all over eu and sah when there are decent gwps. Here twice a year some older sets clear for 50% off. Hit two stores today but the sets were abysmal, the small hidden side sets and trolls which I'm not very confident to put my money on. 

17 minutes ago, coelian said:

So it was a purely online ban and didn't affect your vip points? 

My purchases are mostly online from all over eu and sah when there are decent gwps. Here twice a year some older sets clear for 50% off. Hit two stores today but the sets were abysmal, the small hidden side sets and trolls which I'm not very confident to put my money on. 

So yes, It was purely a online lego.com ban.   I don't remember it affecting my points. But after I did make a point to not allow my points add up too much for fear of getting them cancelled or Lego changing their policies. Previously, I had times where I walked out with a $200-300 set for free paid with points. Now I just cash them in whenever I have them. It's not as much fun but in the end it's all the same savings amount.

On 1/4/2021 at 2:57 PM, eliminator said:

Good question. The most I've ever done was two transactions on one trip with one VIP account. My Lego store is a smaller one with usually only 2 staff working, so it's pretty obvious. Plus they know me by my first name...

I eventually bought 24 HP books (and got 8 books of monsters + 8 vintage cars). I wasn't banned, but they seemed curious about it 😅

At the beginning, they were reluctant to give me the GWP twice. "You know... normally, it should be limited to one per account".

But after my 8th checkout in a row, all of them were just trying to help me put the sets into paper bags. The only comment was "Sure, these little sets sell well..."

One Target close by showed the Bookshop Modular as “Limited Stock” for the last couple of days. Finally had a chance to pop in but was greeted with empty shelves and $40 HP advent calendars. One employee was stocking an endcap so I showed him the DPCI and he said “looks like that’s in the back”.
A few mins later he returned with a LEGO shipper with 2 sets in it (neither had pristine boxes though).

I still had Target circle rewards from one of the “place 3 orders” promos as well as some other “free” GCs from TP etc. orders, plus 10% off GCs from the holiday promo, so got this at a nice discount.

Most stores show “Not sold in this store” and the set is sold out online, but if you see a “Limited Stock” store it might be worth checking out.

FWIW this is for personal purchase ;-)

• Like 2

Man, I need that display just for the width for the FW alone. Anyone know? Also, I don't have an Eiffel Tower, but the damn Haunted House is my equivalent.

Also, I don't have the Carousel pictured, but why would it be propped up like that?

On Topic: Recent Purchases are: Story of Nian, Spring Lantern Festival, Pet Brickheadz, Some new DOTS for my girls, Technic Ferrari, Bonsai, Bouquet.

Edited by CosmicSpeed

Grabbed a Hogwart's Express and random clearance set to double dip promos at local LEGO store today. They still have tons of cars.

They said a MAJOR restock was happening Friday (Not sure if this is all LEGO stores or just this one), including Razor Crest - Also said the new Ninjago $300 Set would be on display.

4 hours ago, fourkidsbuilding said:

Target put out a fresh case this morning...paid retail plus 5% redcard

20210113_083052.jpg

Nice find! I'm so jealous, I sold all I had before Christmas...wish I had held on to one for my personal collection. I thought for sure with the production issues there would be more coming down the pike, but I haven't found any near me in stores, and def not online for close to rrp. 

• Like 1