What Lego set did you buy today?

59 minutes ago, eliminator said:

Finally got the 2020 SW advent calendar. Why was this year’s so hard to find?! Reduced production or just pandemic + SW interest? Sold out everywhere in Canada. In any case, the tradition continues! 

AFAB08BA-929F-4E1A-BFF6-3207B3EF0319.jpeg

My theory is they produced much less this year, and Retailers lowered the prices much quicker. WM basically had them at $30 (instead of MSRP of $40) right away, and other retailers had them on sale at like $24. I know there were a LOT of HP/Friends/City Advent calendars floating around post Christmas last year.

The Friends one seemed to insta sell out everywhere.

Sw advent was sold out almost everywhere, I did see 5 at supermarkets at 30% off and picked them up. 

The find of the week was on black Friday when I saw 3 lego elves 41195 Emily and nocturna showdown for 28chf. Arm swept the lot. Must have been laying in storage for a while.

9 minutes ago, Achilles said:

My theory is they produced much less this year, and Retailers lowered the prices much quicker. WM basically had them at $30 (instead of MSRP of $40) right away, and other retailers had them on sale at like $24. I know there were a LOT of HP/Friends/City Advent calendars floating around post Christmas last year.

The Friends one seemed to insta sell out everywhere.

...and ofcourse can't under-estimate the appeal of ugly Christmas sweaters...seriously, there should be a variant in every advent

• Haha 1

On 11/29/2020 at 8:16 PM, $20 on joe vs dan said:

...and ofcourse can't under-estimate the appeal of ugly Christmas sweaters...seriously, there should be a variant in every advent

supply must be dried up, even on bricklink lowest is US$50. don't underestimate the allure of ugly christmas sweaters. the figs will be highly sought after in future...

12 minutes ago, marcandre said:

Triple dip on promos in store today. 20% sale still on. May go back tonight.

IMG_0062.jpg

Nice Job!  Some have said their stores had put away the C.D. promo and wouldn't allow the double up with Rink. I was hoping for a small window for both last night on the SaH  site but no go. And little tree of course store only.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, marcandre said:

IMG_0062.jpg

I wish the store at my location has the chinese new year set. I want it very much but $119 rrp is already high so can’t afford to pay aftermarket price. 😟

9 hours ago, starwarsxpress said:

well meant to post here and cross posted any ways

I spent $300 on lego at my store, got 2 Christmas Carol, 2 Ice Skating Rink, several Christmas Tree Poly's and the Gift Wrap package plus items on sale

:)

My store still allowed you to get Dickens, but you had to choose Dickens or Skating Rink, not both.

Mixed it up enough to get the promos for BB-8, Olaf Sleigh, Christmas tree, and chose the rink. Would’ve been fantastic to get another Dickens.

On 12/1/2020 at 1:13 PM, marcandre said:

Nice, I had to spent $350 to get the Dickens.

Notable sales were Chess Set, Steamboat, and some Hidden Side sets.

And they would only do "one per household" on the GWPs.

EDIT: random note, my store also had like two dozen 75192s lined up along the back...

Edited by ichiroll
  • Thanks 1

On 11/29/2020 at 8:10 PM, coelian said:

Sw advent was sold out almost everywhere, I did see 5 at supermarkets at 30% off and picked them up. 

The find of the week was on black Friday when I saw 3 lego elves 41195 Emily and nocturna showdown for 28chf. Arm swept the lot. Must have been laying in storage for a while.

Sold 2 of the elves sets for 177 profit on a 56 dollar investment. I need to find more of them... Too bad the smyths store near my place closed down, there were a couple there but I did not think much of it. 

• Like 1

Today I grabbed a Slave I and a few Rise of Voldemort's at the local LEGO store. Got the Dickens and BB8 Promo. Christmas tree Promo seems to be gone.

I've been hitting up the nearby LEGO Store every couple of days this past week - A few observations for any who might care:

1. This store is letting you choose between Dickens or Ice Rink.

2. This store is enforcing a 3max per set rule.

3. Lion Dance and VW Bus were the only ones TAGGED on the shelf as "Last Chance".

4. Fast Sellers: VW Buses sold out pretty quickly at 20%. Chess sets sold out pretty fast.

5. Slow Sellers: On the clearance table seem to be the same TLM2 Sets, the same Toy Story 4 10770s, and the same Donut Shop Openings of which they have a ton, 20% discount. Steamboat Willy doesn't seem to be flying off the shelf at 20%, and  Tantive IV seems to have several, as I bought a couple and the shelf gets restocked. VW Bugs don't seem to be shooting away at full price either.

6. Slave I's at 20% seem to be trickling in occasionally.

7. Despite them telling me it sells well, I have not seen a single person purchase a Monkie Kid set.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

29 minutes ago, Achilles said:

7. Despite them telling me it sells well, I have not seen a single person purchase a Monkie Kid set.

I'm curious if Monkie Kid will rise in popularity as Ninjago fades away? 

IMO they're interesting sets with good parts and minifigs altho this far I've only purchased parts and minifigs for personal collection.

4 hours ago, Thanos75 said:

I rarely buy used lots of Lego. This popped up on Facebook and ended up getting it for $300. Still havent gone through all of it . Several sealed sets in there aswell that will take a good dent out of it.

IMAG1254.jpg

That’s insane. On my FM marketplace, that’s a “100 lbs of lego, $1200 firm pick up only in BFE “ listing

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Thanos75 said:

I rarely buy used lots of Lego. This popped up on Facebook and ended up getting it for $300. Still havent gone through all of it . Several sealed sets in there aswell that will take a good dent out of it.

IMAG1254.jpg

1 hour ago, House Schubert said:

That’s insane. On my FM marketplace, that’s a “100 lbs of lego, $1200 firm pick up only in BFE “ listing

add in no minifigures, no instructions and now you've got my region.

• Like 2