What Lego set did you buy today?

stumbled upon an used castle lots, 70401, 70402, 70403 & 70404, with manuals. All minifigures are there and sets do appear to be complete.

Seller wants $200 and won't budge. What do you guys think? Should I go ahead picking it up? My kid loves the dragon so I may just keep the 70403 and sell the rest.

35 minutes ago, SLL said:

stumbled upon an used castle lots, 70401, 70402, 70403 & 70404, with manuals. All minifigures are there and sets do appear to be complete.

Seller wants $200 and won't budge. What do you guys think? Should I go ahead picking it up? My kid loves the dragon so I may just keep the 70403 and sell the rest.

sounds like a decent price in my opinion, I would take it if I had the chance.

On 10/17/2020 at 4:20 PM, BillyBricks said:

Your purchases of used LEGO sets always impress me even more than the carts of new sets that people post during clearance. Grabbing sets on Ebay and these local purchases baffle my mind because you really have to be on your game to scoop them up. I don't know of anyone on this site who has a more appropriate username. BrickVoyeur -- Always Watching.

On 10/17/2020 at 8:27 PM, brickvoyeur said:

It's all random. I just have specific  saved searches on every venue that make my random, less random.

This was a total of 3 eBay purchases a few weeks ago for about $220 total. I put the figures in my Bricklink store, and the sets will end on eBay or Mercari.

I also have a 10188 Death Star and 8039 Venator that I grabbed off of Facebook for $150 that me and the kids are building.

I only check my searches 3 times a day on eBay and Mercari, facebook when I'm feeding the baby at night, and Craigslist sends emails each time something is listed. Just random.

While I do grab new sets by the cart full...there is something calming about being able to look at a lot and already know the profit margin. 

What amazes me the most about brickvoyeur is his prowess and aptitude in how he finds clearance, Facebook and Craigslist deals.  I live in area that is on the fringe and that sometime encroaches on his Lego territory and playing field.  He has the advantage of living in closer proximity to these deals than I do.  I am thankful for finding any scraps I can, and I have somehow managed to find a sweet spot among the friendly and fierce competition I face.  Having friends in the right places does help that can rush to stores to get sets for me.  

Having said that, I am no actual competition for brickvoyeur because it is no contest.  I am in awe of your Lego prowess and I salute you!

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

bought a used Technic Orange Porsche $250 facebook marketplace (50 min drive ea way)

originally I set up a deal for a used one w/ no box and no manual for $250...then came across one w/ box and manual (anyone that has this set know these are NOICE) but further drive...so I went for the one w/ box and was going to get the other one as well.  During the drive my guild of draggin my boy through this was addressed by making him do the math: I originally bought new for $230, but I want to sell that one new (going for $600) and make this used set for personal build (the story of my AfoL life)...what is my "profit"?

anyway, the original one w/ no box ended up being sold before  I was able to get there...glad I got the one I really wanted for the same price. 

2 minutes ago, $20 on joe vs dan said:

bought a used Technic Orange Porsche $250 facebook marketplace (50 min drive ea way)

originally I set up a deal for a used one w/ no box and no manual for $250...then came across one w/ box and manual (anyone that has this set know these are NOICE) but further drive...so I went for the one w/ box and was going to get the other one as well.  During the drive my guild of draggin my boy through this was addressed by making him do the math: I originally bought new for $230, but I want to sell that one new (going for $600) and make this used set for personal build (the story of my AfoL life)...what is my "profit"?

anyway, the original one w/ no box ended up being sold before  I was able to get there...glad I got the one I really wanted for the same price. 

LOL, I do this all the time with mine but with minifigs...

The Porsche has come up a lot lately... I wonder if its the COVID effect.

25 minutes ago, ichiroll said:

LOL, I do this all the time with mine but with minifigs...

The Porsche has come up a lot lately... I wonder if its the COVID effect.

Covid gave it s bump...many saw it in social media and zoom mtng backgrounds I bet.

But the set is amazing and stands on its own...possibly one of the best recent Technic sets...and w/ the release of the Lambo...it's the alpha in a very prestigious line for LEGO

20 hours ago, SLL said:

Last year I picked up 70403 and 70404 for 40 chf, dragons and minifigs intact. :P The seller actually thought he listed for 50 which honestly I would have happily paid. The best deal I had however was the entire vikings line for 100chf, never saw anything close to that again sadly.

2 minutes ago, RightDwigt said:

Good on you. You ought to get as many as you can.... 2x Hedwigs and a mini Diagon with each pair... gold mine. Unfortunately for the rest of us that retailer only delivers to Switzerland.

I got my Hedwigs for less than 30 from the eu amazons, honestly there is nothing much to buy at rrp. 

15 minutes ago, RightDwigt said:

Very good. Just an example. :) I don't know Swiss pricing or market for LEGO. I just know that little promo consistently sells for ~$100 in the US. 

Swiss rrp is overpriced although the gap has been closing in recent years, I buy most of my stuff overseas as I can get a tax rebate. Local retailers regularly run 20-30% off sales but I give them a wide berth unless it's something that's retiring and getting scarce. During summer and winter sales you can get some nice sets for 50% off. SW, technic and vintage trains are quite popular here.

3 hours ago, brickvoyeur said:

image.thumb.png.345845a8a6899b16ffedd25d2acf970e.png

$75 local on Facebook Marketplace. Currently sitting in garage quarantine for both the 'rona... and sitting on this dude's bed.

HArd to believe there are still folks (that can afford LEGO) that don't use sheets.  Also why does the Tantive look so yellow compared to the other set?  usually lighting is a factor but doesn't seem to affect the x-wing or Y-wing or Tie 

• Haha 1

17 minutes ago, $20 on joe vs dan said:

HArd to believe there are still folks (that can afford LEGO) that don't use sheets.  Also why does the Tantive look so yellow compared to the other set?  usually lighting is a factor but doesn't seem to affect the x-wing or Y-wing or Tie 

Urine stain close by is reflecting the light.