What Lego set did you buy today?

I've been on hunt for Tantive IV at RRP (one of the LEGO Shop at Home TOOS that haven't restocked)...being on the retiring list had me nervous.  I checked store stock last week and only the closed store in my area had any stock...my local store had none...checked today and I guess they got new stock.

Anyway, picked one up (curbside pickup) and came with Christmas Tree x2 and 12in1 x2 (I believe this interpretation of GWP only flies at brick and mortar stores).  I used my VIP pts ($100 voucher) so assuming I can offload the GWPs at market price...my boy calculated that it costed us about $16 out-of-pocket.

Edited by $20 on joe vs dan

On 7/30/2020 at 11:09 AM, Phil B said:

That was fun:

20200730_110058.thumb.jpg.e35014690e1ee7e25f02eb84aaa866fe.jpg

116 "accessories" (one being a single red hand, and do 2 skis and 2 maracas each count as 2 accessories or as 1?)

111 hair/hats

108 torsos

107 legs/skirts

136 heads (one being a faded misprint)

Haven't felt my way through the minifig blind bags yet - waiting for my next conf call :)

If you see any noteworthy/valuable pieces - let me know.

UPDATE: TLBM2 Minfigs smooshed: 3x Giraffe Guy, 2x Watermelon Dude, 1x Flashback Lucy, 1x Apocalypse Benny, 1x Vest Friend Rex, 1x Unikitty and 1x Dorothy + Toto

I know @odysea11 was not sure of the value of this, but since I had to go through an inventory effort for my BL store anyways, here is the final summary:

Buy-in price was $165 shipped.

I had to move 6 minifig heads to my personal collection as the printing was faded/substandard.

Total value of parts (BL 6-month avg): $368, with a couple of individual parts fetching >$1.5 each, including the bunny teeth minifigure head going for $2.70.

TLBM2 Minifigs: $40 (3xGiraffe Guy, 2xWatermelon Dude, 1 each of Flashback Lucy, Apocalypse Benny, Vest Friend Rex, Unikitty and Dorothy+Toto).

DC Minifigs: $39.50 (2 each of Metamorpho and Stargirl, 1 each of Aquaman, Joker, Cheetah, Green Lantern, Bumblebee and Bat-Mite).

Retail price for the storage container: $20

---------------+

Total value: $368+$40+$39.50+$20 = $467.50

Slightly off from LEGO's $552.99 advertised retail price, but a pretty good bargain nevertheless (65% off).

• Like 7

Not a set, but it is for a set: 2 Light Bluish Gray Plates 6x24 for $40 shipped each.

I thought I would save money to BrickLink my missing 10224 Town Hall but in the end it still cost me >$400 (including manuals and minifigs) to get it all complete. Bit of a bummer.

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, Phil B said:

Not a set, but it is for a set: 2 Light Bluish Gray Plates 6x24 for $40 shipped each.

I thought I would save money to BrickLink my missing 10224 Town Hall but in the end it still cost me >$400 (including manuals and minifigs) to get it all complete. Bit of a bummer.

You just had to have the manual right? I also bought a manual when I bricklinked a GG a few years ago. Now it just sits in a box with all the other manuals. Seems dumb but if I didn't have one now I would probably buy it so the set felt 'complete'

• Like 2

not found anything to buy for weeks not a single offer anywhere

I feel the same. Nothing good with Walmart clearance right now. I was even near a LEGO store yesterday but abandoned my plan to stop by because I just couldn’t find any big sets I want right now.

Of course that’s probably a good thing, as I’ve got a ton in my personal backlog.

On 8/6/2020 at 2:25 PM, Phil B said:

Damn. I'm breaking down 2 THs right now. Shipped a 3rd to a fellow BPer earlier this week. That one was inventoried by me a couple of years ago. I have no memory of doing it though, lol. He's going to let me know how complete it is.

My complaint is on the 2 I'm working on. I'm wiping down every piece by hand as I take them apart. Lucky for me the lady has been in Houston for the past 5 weeks.

Edited by MarleyMoose
oops thought it was the complaint thread
  • Like 1

Insomnia owns me

One Amazon and two Target orders: putting down my bets for the Mario series based on my perceived early signs of scarcity (see my post on the Mario 2020 Thread)...these could flop like TLM2 sets or hit perma-sale status like Hidden-Side...or be the hottest things going this holiday season (shrug)...too early to know...but then, if we knew...it would be too late 😉

• 2 weeks later...

Not something to flip/resell, but I recently bought Star Bricks' TS-Project MOC instructions. I'm sourcing bricks from my bulk and Bricklink now. Thankfully, I found one of the more expensive parts in a bulk buy I bought nine years ago. It's a black 8x8 radar inverted radar dish (3961) where the lowest Bricklink price is $16. The MOC is 3000+ pieces. Wish me luck!

Mirko TS-Project.jpg

• Like 3

1 hour ago, oneknightr said:

Not something to flip/resell, but I recently bought Star Bricks' TS-Project MOC instructions. I'm sourcing bricks from my bulk and Bricklink now. Thankfully, I found one of the more expensive parts in a bulk buy I bought nine years ago. It's a black 8x8 radar inverted radar dish (3961) where the lowest Bricklink price is $16. The MOC is 3000+ pieces. Wish me luck!

Mirko TS-Project.jpg

I bought the same instructions but I'm working on the U-Project right now.  There's actually a guy in Germany (I think) that sells the whole kit at a great price.-

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, gmpirate said:

I bought the same instructions but I'm working on the U-Project right now.  There's actually a guy in Germany (I think) that sells the whole kit at a great price.-

Nice. I missed out on the U-Wing as it's sold out. I was wondering how many of these he sells. My TS-Project number tile is in the 700's. That's a nice chunk of change that he's making, but I'm sure he put in a lot of hours creating the instructions and having it and the stickers and tile printed. Quality work. 

So there's a guy that sells all the pieces in a kit? I never heard about that. Let me know if you remember the name/link. I've spent countless hours Bricklinking and finding the bricks in my bulk for this MOC. 

3 hours ago, oneknightr said:

Nice. I missed out on the U-Wing as it's sold out. I was wondering how many of these he sells. My TS-Project number tile is in the 700's. That's a nice chunk of change that he's making, but I'm sure he put in a lot of hours creating the instructions and having it and the stickers and tile printed. Quality work. 

So there's a guy that sells all the pieces in a kit? I never heard about that. Let me know if you remember the name/link. I've spent countless hours Bricklinking and finding the bricks in my bulk for this MOC. 

Sebastion at Brickmoon.de sells the kits.  Real good dude.  You'll probably see a lot of kits you'd be interested in.  He's very fairly priced imo.  Looks like he has more U-Projects as well.

Funny thing about Mirko at Starbricks.  He will only sell a set amount of instructions for his projects.  I know some vendors who have asked for more to sell kits and such but he is not interested in additional sales.  He works at a printing press, hence the very nice instruction booklets, pics, etc.

• Thanks 1

Unpacking a recent LEGO lot of 13 lbs. for $110. 

So far it contains most (if not all) of a 10195 AT-OT and Dropship.  Looks like all stickers are present, hoses, cockpit, rubber bands, etc.

Also contains a a good portion of a UCS Vader Tie 10175, including UCS sticker, cockpit front and back.

Most of a 6211 Star Destroyer, 7679 Republic Tank, 6206 Tie Interceptor, and 7146 Tie Fighter.

I still have another 10 lb lot to go through which I know contains more of the dropship and the UCS Vader Tie.  I also just bought another 12 lb lot from same seller tonight for under $100.  (I could see a wing for the UCS Vader Tie in tonight's lot). 

So much LEGO, so little time.  No minifigures thus far, but the AT-OT will easily pay for everything with profit to spare.

Edited by exracer327
  • Like 8

Not sure where to post this, however:

Specifically for those who buy sealed minifig boxes....S20 and S2-HP.
..Are you getting boxes with or without seals on the side?
..Do the tops have a crease or split partition as if they've been opened?
..Are the packs organized or sporadically arranged?
I have been collecting these since S1 and only for S20 and S2-HP I have seen boxes that look like they've been tampered but the shipping box seems fine with an original packing tape.
Curious on others. Thanks.