What Lego set did you buy today?

2 minutes ago, joneyyy1981 said:

this is the disadvantage of letting people know what your are deep on.

Buying my first and last 16 of these is hardly going deep. These are only run-of-the-mill sets anyway and any "gems" that I buy are a very closely guarded secret 😉 

8 minutes ago, BorderTerrier said:

Buying my first and last 16 of these is hardly going deep. These are only run-of-the-mill sets anyway and any "gems" that I buy are a very closely guarded secret 😉 

you buying them stopped me adding to my 10000000000 square foot  warehouse of lego vegas.

we can no longer be friends.

53 minutes ago, joneyyy1981 said:

you buying them stopped me adding to my 10000000000 square foot  warehouse of lego vegas.

we can no longer be friends.

LOL, I didn't know that we were anyway 😉 

Just as well that I didn't tell you that I called Hamleys this morning regarding the 4 Apocalypseburgs that popped up on their website overnight.

Here's what I had to REJECT today:

My 16x 21047 Las Vegas just arrived from IWOOT earlier than expected, but the boxes were soaking wet and I refused delivery. It's a shame as they appeared to be in 2 sealed cartons of 8, but there's no way that I'll accept ones that have been left outside in the rain. It just beats me how Hermes can remain in business as they are clearly the worst courier of all, every delivery I've had from them has had problems.

Thank you Hermes - NOT!

@joneyyy1981..... You can forgive me as you now have a lot more 21047 Las Vegas than I do!

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Alpinemaps said:

Stopped by a local Lego Store. I picked up the Nutcracker Brickheadz, and the new Mickey Mouse and Minnie Mouse keychains.

hey 'Maps...has the Legoland big store been open lately?  A friend of a friend who was  a manager at the park has recently been laid-off; so I know there has been some significant lay-offs.

hey 'Maps...has the Legoland big store been open lately?  A friend of a friend who was  a manager at the park has recently been laid-off; so I know there has been some significant lay-offs.

They’ve been open since July? I think. For some time now, anyway. I haven’t visited, because they tend to overcharge on the small stuff ($11 for Brickheadz and +$1 on minfigures and polybags).

Normally you have to pay for parking and then spend a minimum to get your parking fee back, but they’ve suspended that for now.
  • Like 1

I pulled the trigger on bulk vintage legos from an estate sale auction. Paid $212 and was hoping for some good surprises. I knew the lot was worth what I paid based on the pictures but was hoping to get lucky. I think I did. 

Sets with instructions:

6972, 6895, 6990 (box too), 6985, 6085, 6274, 6270, 6276, 6392, 6039, 8845, 8815, 6054, 6066, 6941, 6952, 8040.

7 totes of various sizes full, so who knows what else. Lots of work ahead, but lots of fun and profit for my son and me!

• Like 3

On 10/6/2020 at 10:31 AM, joneyyy1981 said:

picked up some more shanghai & treehouses. vegas is becoming a goose chase.

Got a big order of Vegas from The Hut at £33 each and 5% cashback (was also available on IWOOT smart of same group). Hope they turn up. Went out of stock v quick

39 minutes ago, brickvoyeur said:

Local buy for $250.

Tree House, Porsche 911, Poe X-Wing, Vonreg Tie, and a ton of speed champions

20201017_152131-1.thumb.jpg.ab031c63634349b76f11a5f219501d66.jpg

Your purchases of used LEGO sets always impress me even more than the carts of new sets that people post during clearance. Grabbing sets on Ebay and these local purchases baffle my mind because you really have to be on your game to scoop them up. I don't know of anyone on this site who has a more appropriate username. BrickVoyeur -- Always Watching.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, BillyBricks said:

Your purchases of used LEGO sets always impress me even more than the carts of new sets that people post during clearance. Grabbing sets on Ebay and these local purchases baffle my mind because you really have to be on your game to scoop them up. I don't know of anyone on this site who has a more appropriate username. BrickVoyeur -- Always Watching.

It's all random. I just have specific  saved searches on every venue that make my random, less random.

This was a total of 3 eBay purchases a few weeks ago for about $220 total. I put the figures in my Bricklink store, and the sets will end on eBay or Mercari.

20201011_232230.thumb.jpg.41adaaf05c9ca5d363336b9b88e15fef.jpg

I also have a 10188 Death Star and 8039 Venator that I grabbed off of Facebook for $150 that me and the kids are building.

I only check my searches 3 times a day on eBay and Mercari, facebook when I'm feeding the baby at night, and Craigslist sends emails each time something is listed. Just random.

While I do grab new sets by the cart full...there is something calming about being able to look at a lot and already know the profit margin. 

Edited by brickvoyeur
  • Like 2