What Lego set did you buy today?

Bought some 21047 Las Vegas and 21319 Friends for RRP.  Boxes all minty.  First sets bought for investment since end of 2018, when I loaded up on BHs, having made decision back in 2018 to not buy any more sets for investment and kjust sell off remaining inventory.  Sales and margins achieved during lock-down for similar sets and disruption to production capacity for sets that will be retiring has convinced me to dip my toes back into the market and be 'semi-retired'.  My inventory is now the lowest it has been since the first few months after i started investing.  Wonder if other old timers like Tabby Boy, Val-E or even Emazer himself might come out of retirement.

35 minutes ago, Cheese said:

Bought some 21047 Las Vegas and 21319 Friends for RRP.  Boxes all minty.  First sets bought for investment since end of 2018, when I loaded up on BHs, having made decision back in 2018 to not buy any more sets for investment and kjust sell off remaining inventory.  Sales and margins achieved during lock-down for similar sets and disruption to production capacity for sets that will be retiring has convinced me to dip my toes back into the market and be 'semi-retired'.  My inventory is now the lowest it has been since the first few months after i started investing.  Wonder if other old timers like Tabby Boy, Val-E or even Emazer himself might come out of retirement.

Have to agree with yourself, I started selling of my inventory 2018, but got the itch to start buying again this year.

Don't see what the rush is with buying vegas and friends at RRP, they'll come back in stock, think you should have waited IMO

Just came back from another smyths and had about 8+ friends, I'm waiting till at least 20% off.

18 minutes ago, Voltron said:

Have to agree with yourself, I started selling of my inventory 2018, but got the itch to start buying again this year.

Don't see what the rush is with buying vegas and friends at RRP, they'll come back in stock, think you should have waited IMO

Just came back from another smyths and had about 8+ friends, I'm waiting till at least 20% off.

True, but let’s just say that they decide not to do any more production run since it’s down for retirement and/or retailers decide not to do their usual sales due to loss earnings.  Rather make slightly less profit than no profit at all.  If I’ve learnt anything from Lego investing and also my day job is never to be be too greedy. Also I don’t have time to go from each of my old haunts to load up like I used to.  This to be fair is the main issue and why I ultimately decided to pull the handbrake in 2018.  If these sets do as well as I think they will, more than happy to pay RRP.  Also small sets so easy to store and dispatch with Royal Mail Small boxes. Can now forget about them since I got a decent quantity.  Definently don’t want to be rushing around from store to store (especially in current climate) and refreshing websites in middle of night in Jan 21 trying to get stock of retired stock (Remember doing this for sets like Elves Queens Dragon and Brick Bank).  Although the hunt is fun and I do miss those days where you hit 7/8 stores and come back after a full on day with a mega haul!  Happy days!

Edited by Cheese
  • Like 1

29 minutes ago, Bold-Arrow said:

Lord have mercy . Tell me more. and is there a quidditch field 

19K additional bricks to build.  

https://rebrickable.com/mocs/MOC-30884/Playwell%20Bricks/hogwarts-castle-71043-epic-extension/#comments

It is awesome to behold.

No quidditch field though.  Only the castle.

Edited by exracer327
  • Thanks 1

40 minutes ago, brickvoyeur said:

80% off was enough to leave my fortress of voyeurtude and venture inside a store for the first time since March.

Legs 1 + 2 of my adventure

Receipt from stop 3

Sheesh! Well done. Wasn't sure we'd see HS sets get to that level.

52 minutes ago, brickvoyeur said:

80% off was enough to leave my fortress of voyeurtude and venture inside a store for the first time since March.

Legs 1 + 2 of my adventure

20200727_172048.thumb.jpg.bb94ac189e4b3623344b7a34f9b677e9.jpg

Receipt from stop 3

20200727_165213-1.thumb.jpg.8bb4cb864b2d6ada6134b9d771dd0dd9.jpg

Don't know how well this series will do after retirement. There are too many out there. I bought 14 set of 70423@13 from one store today.   I guess I can get my gas money back at least 😀😀

2 hours ago, joesnow2005 said:

Don't know how well this series will do after retirement. There are too many out there. I bought 14 set of 70423@13 from one store today.   I guess I can get my gas money back at least 😀😀

I wouldn't say there are too many out there - no one bought any of them at retail! I think it will do ok. I think the sets are great and can be used in modular building if you take away the monsters and some of the weird pieces. My favorites are the bus and the high school. Time will tell though!

Another store dropped this morning, another 80% off stack.

20200728_095353.thumb.jpg.3d79d76b6613c04cdcbe5a7ec2c056a9.jpg

No reason to get scared away at nearly 80% off people. If it only gets back to retail price you're looking at making 461% of what you paid for it. Even if it never makes it to retail it would have to be historically bad to not double your money on it....and who would complain about a 100% return?

• Like 7

1 hour ago, brickvoyeur said:

No reason to get scared away at nearly 80% off people. If it only gets back to retail price you're looking at making 461% of what you paid for it. Even if it never makes it to retail it would have to be historically bad to not double your money on it....and who would complain about a 100% return?

If I saw these at 80%, it wouldn't even be a question. The problem is, most of my stores didn't make it past the regular 20% off with much stock left in even these sets. Between 4 Walmarts, I've seen two Shrimp Shacks at 50% off. Nothing else made it that far or was swept up at 1/2 off. 

Just now, MotorCityMuscle said:

got the Great Hall sets today from Amazon. The one's for 15% off. Overseas stickers on all of them. Is the consensus to remove or WGAF?

I'd leave it alone if you do FBA.  Even though you have to put amazon label on them, you don't want to confuse it with actual european versions on Amazon.. IMHO.

11 hours ago, brickvoyeur said:

Yes, you are right about buying at 80%off. I was talking about the potential after retirement. This set sat through the pandemic months while other sets disappearing from Walmart. It indicates either it did not sell well, or Lego made too many of this set. That's why I hesitated to buy during the first round. 

• Like 3

On 7/24/2020 at 5:03 PM, Phil B said:

Took a gamble with this offer from Legoland Florida: https://shop-florida.legoland.com/collections/ultimate-bundles/products/lego®-build-a-minifigure-mystery-selection:

image.thumb.png.912bf7658ae1e51eadd9ef0c074664f3.png

100 Random minifig heads
100 Random minifig torsos
100 Random minifig legs/skirts
100 Random minifig hair/hats
100 Random minifig accessories

10 TLM2 Minifig bags
10 DC Comics Minifig bags

plus 1 Storage "head".

I figured for $165 shipped I can always decide to list these out in my BL store, and pick and choose the best ones for my own collection. Keeping my fingers crossed the blind bags of minifigs have interesting figures in them, not only leftovers, but not being too optimistic there :)

That was fun:

20200730_110058.thumb.jpg.e35014690e1ee7e25f02eb84aaa866fe.jpg

116 "accessories" (one being a single red hand, and do 2 skis and 2 maracas each count as 2 accessories or as 1?)

111 hair/hats

108 torsos

107 legs/skirts

136 heads (one being a faded misprint)

Haven't felt my way through the minifig blind bags yet - waiting for my next conf call :)

If you see any noteworthy/valuable pieces - let me know.

UPDATE: TLBM2 Minfigs smooshed: 3x Giraffe Guy, 2x Watermelon Dude, 1x Flashback Lucy, 1x Apocalypse Benny, 1x Vest Friend Rex, 1x Unikitty and 1x Dorothy + Toto

Edited by Phil B
  • Like 5

1 hour ago, Phil B said:

That was fun:

116 "accessories" (one being a single red hand, and do 2 skis and 2 maracas each count as 2 accessories or as 1?)

111 hair/hats

108 torsos

107 legs/skirts

136 heads (one being a faded misprint)

Haven't felt my way through the minifig blind bags yet - waiting for my next conf call :)

If you see any noteworthy/valuable pieces - let me know.

UPDATE: TLBM2 Minfigs smooshed: 3x Giraffe Guy, 2x Watermelon Dude, 1x Flashback Lucy, 1x Apocalypse Benny, 1x Vest Friend Rex, 1x Unikitty and 1x Dorothy + Toto

Thanks for sharing! I thought there would be more variety with the torsos but all in all, it's not a bad deal at all for $160 (?) if you're looking to add minifigures to your cityscape, etc.