What Lego set did you buy today?

51 minutes ago, BillyBricks said:

Times have changed. People have been undercutting each other and are doing about $375 with free shipping at this point. 

if QFLL...time to market is absolutely critical...when my Lambo came in it was posted within 2 hours...just flipped at $550 cash local (no fees and only a 5 minute drive).  

Now I'm sitting on extra HP Great Hall Hogwarts and Stranger Things because they came in too late...will need to wait likely till Christmas for a reasonable profit. 

13 hours ago, Hardwired said:

Oh surely you can see the older you are the less time you have

I was raised in the woods/country, but went off to school and got a degree & city job. Now I’m in my thirties I’ve reverted back to wanting simple, phasing out technology(tablet/phone time, social media/Ptp games).  Talk about WASTE OF TIME!  

No easier group to rile up than reddit users! (Most😉)

im wondering how much quality is going to be effected with all this demand. Not being able to meet production demands typical cause companies to cut corners. 

19 minutes ago, BricksBrotha said:

how much quality is going to be effected with all this demand. Not being able to meet production demands typical cause companies to cut corners. 

Or they just don't fulfill the demand. The Walmart stores around me are EMPTY.  Target seems to be pretty stocked though. 

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, rpaulson7 said:

Or they just don't fulfill the demand. The Walmart stores around me are EMPTY.  Target seems to be pretty stocked though. 

I was thinking more about the sets on lego website.  The rush to fill the demand of the larger sets. Hastily pumping out product normally has its consequences. 
but yes, as for the smaller sets I’d agree they would be lower on the priority list and most likely dealt/eol.  It’s the larger, expensive sets( haunted house, potter castle, barricuda bay, treehouse, lambo, etc) that would seem more susceptible to quality issues. Would LOVE to be a fly on the wall in Billund current board/production meetings.

In the past couple weeks I have bought all of these used sets, with instructions and box, locally:

10236 - Ewok Village $140
75158 - Rebel Combat Frigate $120 (no box)
42082 - Rough Terrain Crane $120
10247 - Ferris Wheel $160
10220 - T1 Camper Van $50
10230 - Mini modulars $70
70317 - Nexo knights Fortrex $40

Ewok Village was missing about $60 worth of pieces, the rest were all missing $5-$10 worth from Bricklink shipped. Except the Crane, that one was 100% complete.

In the past couple weeks I have bought all of these used sets, with instructions and box, locally:

10236 - Ewok Village $140
75158 - Rebel Combat Frigate $120 (no box)
42082 - Rough Terrain Crane $120
10247 - Ferris Wheel $160
10220 - T1 Camper Van $50
10230 - Mini modulars $70
70317 - Nexo knights Fortrex $40

Ewok Village was missing about $60 worth of pieces, the rest were all missing $5-$10 worth from Bricklink shipped. Except the Crane, that one was 100% complete.

Nice little honey hole you have there.

Nice little honey hole you have there.
There are a lot of military people in my area, so I think that helps a lot. People who have to relocate and want to sell off some stuff before moving. Between FB, OfferUp and Letgo, there seems to be new listings daily for Lego.... the trouble is finding the time to go through and inventory, then build everything.

Fantastic Beasts minifigure polybag... 27 cents at Kohl's!

Bag was partially torn open though, and when I got home, discovered it was a Neville Longbottom. Only missing the head, pants, and wand... could've been worse lol. Funny thing is, having never seen the movie, I thought the plant man thing was supposed to be the minifigure's head when I very briefly peaked inside the tear in the bag.

Found a 70608 Ninjago Master Falls a couple weeks ago @ a B&N up in Tennessee during the big 30% off sale

This will go nicely with Ninjago City & Docks.  Now to find an original version Destiny's Bounty.. (if someone has a sealed one, hit me up)

shopping.png

8 minutes ago, LegoSteve said:

100 Brickheadz Mandalorian w/ child. First ones started being delivered today.

20200715_085538.jpg

Everytime I see you posting here, i get excited and rush to the thread, hoping for you to annouce 1000 pcs of a specific lego set😁

• Like 2

Tip of the Day: Buy Stocks.   

This is the strongest Bull run ever. 
Even with all the uncertainties going on around the world, the market is numb to it all, as the proof for me was this quarter. I can not believe the bounce back. 
Many factors such as 0% interest rate is pushing this market to all time highs, over and over again.

• Like 1