What Lego set did you buy today?

Picked up x20 Mandalorian Battle Pack for $15 a piece from Walmart. I think they're great on eBay because you can part out the minifigures in the set for about $6 to $8 a piece, meaning every individual set's worth $24 to $32(there's four minifigures). It's not a massive gain but good for the steady summer decline in buying.

Screen Shot 2020-05-17 at 11.50.38 AM.png

• Like 1

Food for thought, I sold a 75021 with instructions but no minifigures or box a few years ago at Christmas time for around $125.
Hmm... I think the price has gone up on these since you sold yours. One sold 2 days ago with no minifigures, instructions or box for $300 +shipping. After seeing that sale kinda makes me want to skip the minifigs.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/353093156026
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Shortbus311 said:

Hmm... I think the price has gone up on these since you sold yours. One sold 2 days ago with no minifigures, instructions or box for $300 +shipping. After seeing that sale kinda makes me want to skip the minifigs.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/353093156026

Crazy. I remember when you could easily find these on clearance at Target for $80. I only bought one at the time. 

On 6/8/2020 at 9:07 PM, Shortbus311 said:

Bought a tub full of random SW sets for $150 from a collector. No instructions or boxes.

Finally got all the pieces sorted into their sets and found the following sets:

8x 75036 Utapau Troopers battle pack
5x 75035 Kashyyk Troopers battle pack
3x 75015 Corporate Alliance Tank Droid
75041 Vulture Droid
75080 AAT
75085 Hailfire Droid

All had all of their minifigures except the 3 75015, they only had 2 Jango Fett and were missing the rest. All the stud shooters and ammo were missing from the 13 battle packs. But $7 shipped on bricklink got me 42 stud shooters and inserts and 130 trans medium blue 1x1 round plates.

Also, from the same guy, got a 90% complete 75021 Republic Gunship, no minifigures, instructions or box for $45. After going through my stock I only had to order 40 pieces for $15 shipped on bricklink to finish it. Still debating on whether or not to order the $160 worth of minifigures or sell as is.

im interested in the kashyyks sets if youre parting out. mainly the figures

A couple lots I've grabbed on eBay over the past couple months. Slowly slogging through them. Seems everything is 99%+ complete, but haven't inventoried anything.

Lot 1: Cost: $295.04
75082    TIE Advanced Prototype
75127    The Ghost Microfighter
75129    Wookiee Gunship Microfighter
75131    Resistance Trooper Battle Pack
75135    Obi-Wan's Jedi Interceptor
75138    Hoth Attack
75151    Clone Turbo Tank
75152    Imperial Assault Hovertank
75153    AT-ST Walker
75154    TIE Striker
75155    Rebel U-wing Fighter
75164    Rebel Trooper Battle Pack
75170    The Phantom
75172    Y-wing Starfighter
75176    Resistance Transport Pod
75177    First Order Heavy Scout Walker
75179    Kylo Ren's TIE Fighter
75182    Republic Fighter Tank
75185    Tracker I
75188    Resistance Bomber
75195    Ski Speeder vs. First Order Walker Microfighters
75204    Sandspeeder

Lot 2: Cost: $166.45
6212    X-Wing Starfighter
7660    Naboo N-1 Starfighter with Vulture Droid
7661    Jedi Starfighter with Hyperdrive Booster Ring
7670    Hailfire Droid & Spider Droid
7675    AT-TE
7676    Republic Attack Gunship
7681    Sepratist Spider Droid
7748    Corporate Alliance Tank Droid
7959    Geonosian Starfighter
8016    Hyena Droid Bomber
8018    Armored Assault Tank
8036    Separatist Shuttle

• Like 3

2 hours ago, brickvoyeur said:

A couple lots I've grabbed on eBay over the past couple months. Slowly slogging through them. Seems everything is 99%+ complete, but haven't inventoried anything.

Lot 1: Cost: $295.04
75082    TIE Advanced Prototype
75127    The Ghost Microfighter
75129    Wookiee Gunship Microfighter
75131    Resistance Trooper Battle Pack
75135    Obi-Wan's Jedi Interceptor
75138    Hoth Attack
75151    Clone Turbo Tank
75152    Imperial Assault Hovertank
75153    AT-ST Walker
75154    TIE Striker
75155    Rebel U-wing Fighter
75164    Rebel Trooper Battle Pack
75170    The Phantom
75172    Y-wing Starfighter
75176    Resistance Transport Pod
75177    First Order Heavy Scout Walker
75179    Kylo Ren's TIE Fighter
75182    Republic Fighter Tank
75185    Tracker I
75188    Resistance Bomber
75195    Ski Speeder vs. First Order Walker Microfighters
75204    Sandspeeder

Lot 2: Cost: $166.45
6212    X-Wing Starfighter
7660    Naboo N-1 Starfighter with Vulture Droid
7661    Jedi Starfighter with Hyperdrive Booster Ring
7670    Hailfire Droid & Spider Droid
7675    AT-TE
7676    Republic Attack Gunship
7681    Sepratist Spider Droid
7748    Corporate Alliance Tank Droid
7959    Geonosian Starfighter
8016    Hyena Droid Bomber
8018    Armored Assault Tank
8036    Separatist Shuttle

How do you find these lots on eBay?  Are you looking for a particular set so you just scroll through looking for that a particular set number or are you scrolling for hours at every Lego listing out there.  I've looked a few times and just give up from boredom.

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, zaphoid said:

How do you find these lots on eBay?  Are you looking for a particular set so you just scroll through looking for that a particular set number or are you scrolling for hours at every Lego listing out there.  I've looked a few times and just give up from boredom.

A very long saved search string on eBay that I click on from time to time. "Lego (set#, set#, set#, set#, set#........)" Searches the word Lego and each item between the parenthesis separately and pulls them into the same search results.

Lot 1 was BIN that was just listed when I clicked my search, Lot 2 was an auction that ended at an odd hour when I was feeding the baby.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, brickvoyeur said:

Lot 1 was BIN that was just listed when I clicked my search, Lot 2 was an auction that ended at an odd hour when I was feeding the baby.

The odd hour buys are great. I've had a few when up in the middle of the night because of our then babies. Best one was when I came home late from hanging out with the guys on Father's Day 10+ years ago and saw a Master Replicas Millennium Falcon listed for $1100 buy it now from one of my saved searches. Bought that sucker semi-buzzed. Damn thing is worth a pretty penny now, even though I have no plans to ever sell it.

• Like 1

I made a bit of a roadtrip to get some Hidden Side Lighthouses and High Schools today, which I wasn't thrilled about - I was hoping (And thought) they would get another markdown, but doesn't seem to be the case and they are starting to dry up at the 40% price point. High School I am more confident on, Lighthouse not as much - They both are gambles, but I don't really think you can LOSE money at the $75/$30 buy in. I actually like a lot of the Hidden Site sets themselves, they provide good value PPP - and I think they look cool.  I am not sure how much they will be in demand post retirement though. I am usually wary of "Techy" type stuff like the Dimensions/Hidden Side, etc.

While out, I hit up a Barnes and Noble and grabbed 2x Hogwart's Express with Membership and Disc GC.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Achilles said:

I made a bit of a roadtrip to get some Hidden Side Lighthouses and High Schools today, which I wasn't thrilled about - I was hoping (And thought) they would get another markdown, but doesn't seem to be the case and they are starting to dry up at the 40% price point. High School I am more confident on, Lighthouse not as much - They both are gambles, but I don't really think you can LOSE money at the $75/$30 buy in. I actually like a lot of the Hidden Site sets themselves, they provide good value PPP - and I think they look cool.  I am not sure how much they will be in demand post retirement though. I am usually wary of "Techy" type stuff like the Dimensions/Hidden Side, etc.

While out, I hit up a Barnes and Noble and grabbed 2x Hogwart's Express with Membership and Disc GC.

I think lighthouse will do fine. Its normal setup fits in nicely with the existing city layout, who doesn't need a lighthouse on his coast? 😁

• Like 3

53 minutes ago, superlegolover said:

I think lighthouse will do fine. Its normal setup fits in nicely with the existing city layout, who doesn't need a lighthouse on his coast? 😁

That's why I like the High School as a stand alone building. There hasn't been any schools besides in the Friends theme. This set will look great in a layout among the other City & Modular buildings. I think it will do well.

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, CosmicSpeed said:

A leopard ate my face. I bought a pre-owned Technic Porsche after all this time saying "yeah its cool, but I don't need it".

I am in the same boat about the Bugatti...already have a couple of local ads on my mind....might just cash in some VIPs and "get it over with" 

I think the completist FOMO is very strong with this line..now that the Lambo is making this entire line truly both LEGO top of the line flagship product and highly sought after...I could see prices hit in the thousands for these early sets New in MINT Sealed BOx a few years down the road as it target adults w/ big wallets anyway (the D2C also makes it that many potential buyers never see it on the shelves and probably find out about it "too late").

it's the new UCS

Relax 

10 minutes ago, spener90 said:

See the source image

2 minutes ago, Alpinemaps said:

I am beyond happy that I sold my T1s a couple weeks ago.  

Relax dudes, I never had one but always wanted one for personal use. Or perhaps it'll go like Saturn V after retirement...

Ok I'll run and hide again..

10 minutes ago, locidm said:

Relax 

Relax dudes, I never had one but always wanted one for personal use. Or perhaps it'll go like Saturn V after retirement...

Ok I'll run and hide again..

We're just teasing.  Don't take it seriously.

I bought my T1s 4 or 5 years ago, expecting them to retire.