What Lego set did you buy today?

3 hours ago, Brystheguy said:

Is there an app you use to monitor this? I’d really like to get my hands on a Treehouse. Thanks.

In Germany there is a Site called "Brickmerge.de" were you can set alarms for Lego prices...maybe there is something equal for the US Market...and if not...somenone please buid it;-)

By the way today I bought a:                                  (...and I´m really happy about it, because it was 60€)

20200606_223531.jpg

Ahhh btw I checked...

maybe you can use these for price Alarms:

My first order from Zavvi (London Bus) arrived well-packaged as others here have experienced. 

I bought two more sets from them today. 
42099 Technic Crawler $167 free shipping (msrp $250) after code “4x4”. 
42095 Technic Racer $65 free shipping (msrp $100) after code “race”. 

Both sets are for my 7yo son who’s never built a technic set but I think he’s ready now. I also think he’ll enjoy them as he’s been playing with the gears/sprockets and axles from my bulk bin. 

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, toni8284 said:

I am not into HP. Why 75954 Great Hall is a popular buy? I have a chance to buy 10-20 of them in MSRP 99.99. Should I buy them all for quick flip?

Might be worth it if you can guarantee nice box condition... but I would hesitate. The price has gradually been declining, and I imagine stock could come back at any time (at least 2 or 3 HP sets have done so in the past couple weeks). Looks like they're pulling $120-$160 on Ebay... not sure how much you'll make.

Edited by baublitz

34 minutes ago, toni8284 said:

I am not into HP. Why 75954 Great Hall is a popular buy? I have a chance to buy 10-20 of them in MSRP 99.99. Should I buy them all for quick flip?

A few reasons.

- People expecting it may retire by EOY

- Core location across the 7 books

- Central to the "connected" Hogwarts sets. You can't have Hogwarts without the Great Hall so should be sought after by completionists after it retires.

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, toni8284 said:

Unless you're selling on Amazon or locally for cash & zero selling fees this set is a long term hold (and a great one). There isn't enough meat on the bone for a quick flip if selling on eBay or Bricklink if you're buying at full retail.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, terrymc4677 said:

Unless you're selling on Amazon or locally for cash & zero selling fees this set is a long term hold (and a great one). There isn't enough meat on the bone for a quick flip if selling on eBay or Bricklink if you're buying at full retail.

I see it as a 50:50 gamble that it becomes scarce for the Christmas buying season...it's either hitting $200+...or back to RRP if available in stores.

Worse case you have to sit on it until a few months after retirement. The fact the play set connects makes it a must have for this current generation of HP LEGO fans. There has been some critiques that the current version is not as good as the prior releases of Hogwarts great hall; but w/ the release or Clock Tower and recently the forthcoming Astronomy Tower; this current line is clearly the best (IMO). 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, CLMF said:

Here in Canada there's about 5 or so Great Halls just sitting on eBay at $150 USD with nobody biting on them, which is why I'm a bit cautious about demand for this set, even though it is sold out everywhere.

There are sets to be cautious about demand. This isn't one of them. 

• Like 2

5 hours ago, terrymc4677 said:

I am selling them on eBay for $160 for free shipping. Sold couple already. My buy in price is around $81 each. And after eBay fee and free shipping, my net sales should be around $110-$120. So $40 profit which is around 50% margin is not bad for quick flip.

And also, my B&N run for the past weekend I spend around $12k (retail). PA just allowed curbside pickup since 6/5.

I got:

Great Hall x 8

Great Wall of China 21041 x 12

Capital Building 21030 x 7

Tree Hose 21318 x 21 (Maybe it's risky, due to it's still new in Idea line, great reward since LEGO.com still saying it's out of stock without a date)

Saturn V 21309 x 6

Voltron 21311 x 28

• Like 3

23 minutes ago, toni8284 said:

And also, my B&N run for the past weekend I spend around $12k (retail). PA just allowed curbside pickup since 6/5.

I got:

Great Hall x 8

Tree Hose 21318 x 21 (Maybe it's risky, due to it's still new in Idea line, great reward since LEGO.com still saying it's out of stock without a date)

Saturn V 21309 x 6

Voltron 21311 x 28

Whoa

25 minutes ago, toni8284 said:

I got:

Great Hall x 8

Saturn V 21309 x 6

Voltron 21311 x 28

Nice.  Haven't seen any of this at west.  Well, one B&N had a Capitol display box 

bought a Used Tower Bridge ($135) local deal.  Actually i paid $140 because I didn't bring exact amount.  Lame but the mom had her son bring the set out and he seemed so proud of it and the sale; I couldn't haggle and actually ended up paying more! (mental note, have boy present to sell sets to avoid hagglers)...this also happened earlier this year on my deal with the big roller coaster...I had planned to try and knock off another $20 but when faced w/ the kid who was selling it...I buckled. 

• Haha 1

10 hours ago, toni8284 said:

I am selling them on eBay for $160 for free shipping. Sold couple already. My buy in price is around $81 each. And after eBay fee and free shipping, my net sales should be around $110-$120. So $40 profit which is around 50% margin is not bad for quick flip.

I agree with Terry, but to each his own.I generally try to get at least 3x to 4x ROI, even if it means holding for a while. For me a quick flip is under 6 months.  

11 hours ago, toni8284 said:

I got:

Great Hall x 8

Saturn V 21309 x 6

Voltron 21311 x 28

what price you get on treehouse?

Bought a tub full of random SW sets for $150 from a collector. No instructions or boxes.

Finally got all the pieces sorted into their sets and found the following sets:

8x 75036 Utapau Troopers battle pack
5x 75035 Kashyyk Troopers battle pack
3x 75015 Corporate Alliance Tank Droid
75041 Vulture Droid
75080 AAT
75085 Hailfire Droid

All had all of their minifigures except the 3 75015, they only had 2 Jango Fett and were missing the rest. All the stud shooters and ammo were missing from the 13 battle packs. But $7 shipped on bricklink got me 42 stud shooters and inserts and 130 trans medium blue 1x1 round plates.

Also, from the same guy, got a 90% complete 75021 Republic Gunship, no minifigures, instructions or box for $45. After going through my stock I only had to order 40 pieces for $15 shipped on bricklink to finish it. Still debating on whether or not to order the $160 worth of minifigures or sell as is.

• Like 4

3 hours ago, Shortbus311 said:

Also, from the same guy, got a 90% complete 75021 Republic Gunship, no minifigures, instructions or box for $45. After going through my stock I only had to order 40 pieces for $15 shipped on bricklink to finish it. Still debating on whether or not to order the $160 worth of minifigures or sell as is.

Food for thought, I sold a 75021 with instructions but no minifigures or box a few years ago at Christmas time for around $125.