What Lego set did you buy today?

9 hours ago, zaphoid said:

Bought 3x Hogwarts Great Halls at retail.  I don't even know what I'm doing anymore, that purchase was straight FOMO.

I hear ya! I bought five from a local furniture store, of all places. They are getting delivered today since they are closed.

17 minutes ago, Brystheguy said:

I hear ya! I bought five from a local furniture store, of all places. They are getting delivered today since they are closed.

I left 2 on the shelf, my wife says to me yesterday "should we go back and get them?", and I'm just like ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

My local Walmart has a few stacks of Speed Champion (6-wide).  Two of them are onsale via the website.  Of course, the app won't let me buy at online price while I'm standing in the store.. grrr.  So I went home, ordered the McLaren on sale, then went back and picked the ones that weren't on sale (3 white Porsche & 2 Ferrari).  Considering the Porsche is going for over $30 on walmart's website, I might go back and grab the other four still sitting there @ rrp.

My local Walmart has a few stacks of Speed Champion (6-wide).  Two of them are onsale via the website.  Of course, the app won't let me buy at online price while I'm standing in the store.. grrr.  So I went home, ordered the McLaren on sale, then went back and picked the ones that weren't on sale (3 white Porsche & 2 Ferrari).  Considering the Porsche is going for over $30 on walmart's website, I might go back and grab the other four still sitting there @ rrp.

Turn off your location settings for the Walmart app
  • Like 1

Is this 75954? What’s the rush to grab this one? Is it retired? 
It will be soon. If you wait to grab a set until after retirement from stores you will most likely be disappointed. Most try to anticipate the next sets to retire and buy them before they are gone.

47 minutes ago, MotorCityMuscle said:

Yep.  The Great hall of hogwarts.  I never saw this set online at a sale price.  Maybe I missed one?  Not sure but I checked amazon and target pretty often.  Turns out this one might be on the way out and now it appears LEGO is annually releasing sections of the castle as “modules”.  Might be. A good one.  Honestly, I don’t see “huge” differences from the 2010 one I own and built w/ my son,

4 minutes ago, jaisonline said:

Yep.  The Great hall of hogwarts.  I never saw this set online at a sale price.  Maybe I missed one?  Not sure but I checked amazon and target pretty often.  Turns out this one might be on the way out and now it appears LEGO is annually releasing sections of the castle as “modules”.  Might be. A good one.  Honestly, I don’t see “huge” differences from the 2010 one I own and built w/ my son,

Was this the first phase of the “castle” modules? 

and is anyone finding these out in the wild or online even at retail right now? 

I see on LEGO Shop at Home they are “temporarily out of stock” 

12 minutes ago, Shortbus311 said:
57 minutes ago, MotorCityMuscle said:

It will be soon. If you wait to grab a set until after retirement from stores you will most likely be disappointed. Most try to anticipate the next sets to retire and buy them before they are gone.

Thanks for the insight. I’m not a huge potter fan TBH, but I like the castle elements. 

FB Marketplace find:  sealed Hagrids Hut (newest one) and opened, partially built Apollo 11 Saturn V for $65 total.  Was told the Apollo set was complete but I haven’t verified. Box and instructions included.  Used copies are selling for over $100 on eBay so I think I did good. 

Edited by Mathew
  • Like 3

On 4/24/2020 at 10:42 AM, Shortbus311 said:

Woohoo! Just won a 75192 UCS Millennium Falcon buying 10x $1 spots on the reddit raffle. Time to quit while I am ahead haha.

Short bus, did you win the Liebharr tonight?   You little squirrel.  How many spots you buy? 

• Like 3

I’m really starting to hate you. I’m 0-fer on the four I’ve thrown into this week.
Just getting lucky. I haven't put more than $10 into any one raffle. I added it up and total I have bought $339 worth of raffle tickets. I have won a 75191 Jedi Starfighter with Hyperdrive, a bundle with all 3 of the new Star wars Helmet busts, the 75192 UCS Millennium Falcon, 42064 Technic Ocean Explorer and the 42100 Liebherr.
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Shortbus311 said:
1 hour ago, Alpinemaps said:

I’m really starting to hate you. I’m 0-fer on the four I’ve thrown into this week.

Just getting lucky. I haven't put more than $10 into any one raffle. I added it up and total I have bought $339 worth of raffle tickets. I have won a 75191 Jedi Starfighter with Hyperdrive, a bundle with all 3 of the new Star wars Helmet busts, the 75192 UCS Millennium Falcon, 42064 Technic Ocean Explorer and the 42100 Liebherr.

Did a quick calc in my head not looking up the value, but that should be quadrupling your money, if I'm correct? That's insane raffle luck. 

• Like 1

Bought a used 5591 today for $40. Came with the box and still sealed instructions and stickers. Unfortunately the brick bags have been opened, but from first glance it appears complete.

I used to love these model team sets when I was a kid. I had a red and white formula 1 car and a blue and white semi truck

7 hours ago, S-man said:

Traded for a 75159 Death Star complete used. Traded a few of my old power of the force figures, talking banks, complete galaxy, epic force.

Nice trade! Talk about turning back the clock. I haven't checked going prices for the POTF action figures, or Epic Force, etc., but I do remember they were pretty much worthless about 15+ years ago. I unloaded all my POTF figures at $1.50 each at a garage sale back then. 

14 hours ago, oneknightr said:

Nice trade! Talk about turning back the clock. I haven't checked going prices for the POTF action figures, or Epic Force, etc., but I do remember they were pretty much worthless about 15+ years ago. I unloaded all my POTF figures at $1.50 each at a garage sale back then. 

Thanks!

Me too. I don't think they're worth much State side, but moved to Australia recently and they sell for a fortune here. Picked them up in my teens for under ten bucks apiece. I have lugged them around the world twice though with job moves. Have stacks of carded orange and green carded figures still to see if I can sell or trade.

• Like 1