What Lego set did you buy today?

Noticed chatter on StoneWars that DOTS had sold out quickly.  I went to look at US LEGO Shop at Home and several items on backorder.  I got three different brackets for my 7-year-old daughter and two packs of misc DOTS (one for me) and threw in a Lego picture frame (not the DOTS one, the one with builds of large size Lego bricks that's on sale) to breach $35 and get free shipping.  Will be interesting to see how my daughter responds to DOTS. She does like making mosaics with 1x1 tiles so part of me feels this could be right up her alley.  It could also be a flop.  We'll see once delivery occurs... by March 19th for most but within 30 days for the misc DOTS pack.  StoneWars chatter suggesting this is mostly AFOL demand, ha!

• Like 1

12 hours ago, MusiKyle said:

Noticed chatter on StoneWars that DOTS had sold out quickly.  I went to look at US LEGO Shop at Home and several items on backorder.  I got three different brackets for my 7-year-old daughter and two packs of misc DOTS (one for me) and threw in a Lego picture frame (not the DOTS one, the one with builds of large size Lego bricks that's on sale) to breach $35 and get free shipping.  Will be interesting to see how my daughter responds to DOTS. She does like making mosaics with 1x1 tiles so part of me feels this could be right up her alley.  It could also be a flop.  We'll see once delivery occurs... by March 19th for most but within 30 days for the misc DOTS pack.  StoneWars chatter suggesting this is mostly AFOL demand, ha!

I too noticed that most are Backordered at SAH. I think the 1x tiles are awesome and will lead to some really neat builds. Hate to say it, but would love some printed CHEESE SLOPES to add a bit of dimension, but I have enough extras to make my own I am sure. 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Picked up a boxed 21017 Imperial Hotel for about half the bricklink price. Will a nice build & flip, I think. 

Also caved in and purchased a Creator Expert Ferrari F40. Was only about 15% below average going rate, but I've been wanting to add it to my collection so bit the bullet. 
One of those sets I once had plenty of, sold them all, and later decided I actually want one for myself... Paying more than I sold all mine for. I hate that! But hey, it's the game you play. 

Some late night impulse buys on Ebay:

NISB Yoda (current version): $74.99 include ship (would go well on the shelf of other "mini statue-style"...in my mind) 

HP CLock Tower NISB: $63.99 include ship (great price)

UCS AT-ST: used : $125 + $15 ship (always wanted one; surprised at how low these go for used)

2x Rexplorer NISB: $111.98 shipped (cool build and play set I wanted to get for the boy...good price so get two, emirite?)

Wall-E used: 80 shipped (always impressed by the set...would go well on the shelf of other "mini statue-style"...in my mind) 

I need to sleep earlier.

3 hours ago, oneknightr said:

All I see is a lot of work for reselling, but that's because I'm lazy. With that said, I would still buy the lot just for the pieces alone to add to the bin my kids free-build with. Nice buy!

Like a lot of problems, it starts out small and you think to yourself, I can stop anytime. Next thing you know your in a room surrounded by family and friends who are worried about you.

• Haha 1

Dangit..up late again

Ended up on ebay searching latest BIN listings.

then I saw it..

I actually just clicked "watch it" turned off computer and went to bed...

but then it called me like a siren's song of lore...and I kept thinking about the other "watchers"

got up, got the 'ol computer up

bought a USED UCS Millenium Falcon...$675 shipped (favorable Canada exchange rate, I think) and 5% ebucks kicker

insomnia owns me

• Like 4

40380 Easter Sheep and 70420 Graveyard Mystery

I refuse to miss a Brickheadz - gotta keep the complete collection going. Which means buying at retail so I don’t miss out. Which means to get free shipping I gotta buy something else.

So a Hidden Side set it is. I’m less disturbed paying retail for a $30 set than an $80 set. So yeah.

• Like 2

40380 Easter Sheep and 70420 Graveyard Mystery

I refuse to miss a Brickheadz - gotta keep the complete collection going. Which means buying at retail so I don’t miss out. Which means to get free shipping I gotta buy something else.

So a Hidden Side set it is. I’m less disturbed paying retail for a $30 set than an $80 set. So yeah.
I got the sheep last week and while putting it away I realized that I had missed the Valentine's bear... luckily I found one on Ebay last night for $17.97 and it included a 40187 flower set w/ it. The flower set is going for about $13 by itself it looks like, so after I sell that I should be back pretty close to retail price on the bear haha.
  • Like 1

29 minutes ago, Shortbus311 said:

I got the sheep last week and while putting it away I realized that I had missed the Valentine's bear... luckily I found one on Ebay last night for $17.97 and it included a 40187 flower set w/ it. The flower set is going for about $13 by itself it looks like, so after I sell that I should be back pretty close to retail price on the bear haha.

Yeah, I watch those BHz like a hawk now.  I got burned on Mickey and Minnie, originally.  Figuring they would go on sale, and they evaporated quickly.  I moved quickly and only paid a little bit over retail, but after that I pledged never to wait on them.  The "complete collection" means more than saving 20% of on a $10 item.  So I feel ya!

• Like 1

I bought a used star wars lot a week or two ago for $100. The pictures just showed a bunch of loose brick in a couple bins. After I got home I kind of had buyer's remorse on it and just set it off to the side. I started going through it last night and to my joy discovered a 75158 rebel Combat Frigate, 75188 resistance bomber, 75104 kylo ren shuttle, 75102 poe's x-wing, 75103 first order transporter, and a 75189 first order walker... all in various stages of completeness, but it looks like all minifigures for each set are there and I inventoried the 75158 and it is about 99% complete. So very happy it worked out haha.

Also, not sure who posted the link for the lego raffle sub reddit, but in the past 5 days I have won a 75191 jedi starfighter with hyperdrive and a bundle of the 3 new helmet sets!

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Shortbus311 said:

Also, not sure who posted the link for the lego raffle sub reddit, but in the past 5 days I have won a 75191 jedi starfighter with hyperdrive and a bundle of the 3 new helmet sets!

I have yet to do any of the raffles, but those are some prety good scores for cheap. Would be a good way to offload sets and get your money back too at the same time allowing a great deal on a set for that lucky person.

I have yet to do any of the raffles, but those are some prety good scores for cheap. Would be a good way to offload sets and get your money back too at the same time allowing a great deal on a set for that lucky person.
Yeah, I mean the people holding the raffles make money. It might not be a ton, but they do make some I am sure. They value the raffle at full retail if it is still in stores and 6 month BL average if retired. And then they price shipping to the furthest corner of the US from where they are. So if I raffled something off I would list shipping cost as the price from VA to WA and then hope someone in zone 1 2 or 3 wins it. So I would hold my raffle at 8am east coast time when most west coasters are still sleeping.
  • Like 2

3 hours ago, Alpinemaps said:

Yeah, I watch those BHz like a hawk now.  I got burned on Mickey and Minnie, originally.  Figuring they would go on sale, and they evaporated quickly.  I moved quickly and only paid a little bit over retail, but after that I pledged never to wait on them.  The "complete collection" means more than saving 20% of on a $10 item.  So I feel ya!

do you try to get two of everything?

one set to show off to AFoLs

and one set to show off to resellers 😁

• Haha 1

9 minutes ago, Shortbus311 said:
26 minutes ago, CosmicSpeed said:

Yeah, I mean the people holding the raffles make money. It might not be a ton, but they do make some I am sure. They value the raffle at full retail if it is still in stores and 6 month BL average if retired. And then they price shipping to the furthest corner of the US from where they are. So if I raffled something off I would list shipping cost as the price from VA to WA and then hope someone in zone 1 2 or 3 wins it. So I would hold my raffle at 8am east coast time when most west coasters are still sleeping.

Wow you are sneaky

I applaud you

• Like 1