What Lego set did you buy today?

13 minutes ago, uaford said:

I bought a used, nearly complete with all boxes, instructions, and packaging UCS Falcon (75192) for $380.  It's missing one of the Porgs, but other than that its good to go. I have been looking for one of these to build for less than $450 and finally got one!  Woohoo!

You can say Chewie ate it. Great job!

On 1/31/2020 at 3:18 PM, Thanos75 said:

You know your local Lego store loves you when you go in to buy something and they say " Hey....we are recycling these but you can have them if you want " and they give you 6 cases of the Hidden Side juice bar promos. I did end up buying the new Chinese themed sets.

15805054820973137601407973047904.jpg

They were going to recycle the actual LEGO sets? Or did you get all those because you bought so many Chinese sets?

"Recycle" is a bit of a loose term.  LBR stores are required to ship all unused promos back to corporate.  These generally sit in a warehouse, which is why you sometimes see GWPs make unexpected reappearances.  Sometimes LEGO will clean out the warehouse and actually recycle the unwanted product, but usually not.

Open box returns, excess PaB parts, and other miscellaneous stuff also gets shipped back to corporate and that stuff does get actually recycled.

• Thanks 1

Do PaB parts get sent back to corporate or go on to another store? I just assumed that they would get cycled through multiple stores to maximize their return and provide variety for customers... But I've been wrong about TLG operation strategy before:)

5 hours ago, FM said:

Do PaB parts get sent back to corporate or go on to another store? I just assumed that they would get cycled through multiple stores to maximize their return and provide variety for customers... But I've been wrong about TLG operation strategy before:)

All the stores have the same list of available parts to order for their PaB walls, so no reason really to send from one store to another.  The excess I was referring to was if there is a jumble bin of random pieces - such as kids mixing up the parts, or just random leftovers not enough to fill a bin getting consolidated.   Also the "build a xxxxx" play parts out in the center of the store get sent back for recycling when their use is complete.

In the golden days, you used to be able to buy 'grab bags' full of excess parts from the stores.  However, these were discontinued because LEGO couldn't ensure the quality/cleanliness of the parts.   So now it all goes to the ABS recycler.  :(

8 hours ago, DadsAFOL said:

In the golden days, you used to be able to buy 'grab bags' full of excess parts from the stores.  However, these were discontinued because LEGO couldn't ensure the quality/cleanliness of the parts.   So now it all goes to the ABS recycler.  :(

Ah, the "grab bags".  I used to love grabbing those and seeing which sets they contained.  I still have tons of those bags.

Or my favorite.  Liquidation

Most stores that have good regulars now know to max out those sales so there is nothing to return. 

Some of the seasonal bhz last year were supposedly recycled as well.  Which from the numbers they had on hand that suddenly went to 0 made sense.  

• 2 weeks later...

From@MusiKyle, I bought all the parts of a second Pirate Roller Coaster (he kept the tracks).

Win-win for both of us - he wanted another set of tracks; I wanted everything but the tracks. So he cracked one open for the both of us.

So thanks for a smooth and quick transaction. I’m looking forward to building out my pirate coaster some more. And I look forward to seeing what he does with that extra track.

• Like 7

On 2/4/2020 at 7:34 AM, uaford said:

Finally get to be 'that guy' to post a great find! (from Facebook Marketplace last night).  20+ Star Wars sets including UCS Imperial Star Destroyer 10030, Rebel Blockade Runner 10019, Death Star II 10143, At-At 4483, Republic Gunship 7163, Sandcrawler 10144, Jango Fett's Slave 7153, Clone Turbo Tank 7261, and several other cool sets.  All Mini-figures and instructions included, but no boxes.  Paid $300.  Last year I bought zero Lego sets of off FB and in 2020 I already have this and a UCS Falcon under my belt.  Ha!

IMG_2477.thumb.jpeg.53b884ec9b147c644a79b2ec8746b83f.jpeg

The most epic of deals! Great find!!! I wish you wonderful profits.

Edited by baublitz

On 1/31/2020 at 3:18 PM, Thanos75 said:

You know your local Lego store loves you when you go in to buy something and they say " Hey....we are recycling these but you can have them if you want " and they give you 6 cases of the Hidden Side juice bar promos. I did end up buying the new Chinese themed sets.

15805054820973137601407973047904.jpg

What pinball machine is that?

5 hours ago, Shortbus311 said:

Lol, actually no, just the opposite... by the time I saw them he had sold them to ship. So I took a chance and messaged him offering $100 total cash today for both if he canceled the other sales.

Yeah I was the guy shipment got canceled 👍 thanks