What Lego set did you buy today?

14 hours ago, $20 on joe vs dan said:

I personally think it's near impossible for LEGO to be fully stocked by Christmas...especially large sets (>$79)...which I think is the target price for the well to do LEGO buyer for Christmas presents.  I would (and have) go after any large sets that has 15% or more discount currently.  I already have my boy's birthday and Christmas presents at about $25% off so I won't be caught off-guard or "desperate".

I was at the LEGO store yesterday (two groups at a time, all floor displays gone, had to stay on the yellow tile in the middle and employees will get the sets you want. No handling the merchandise) and I overheard them say the only big sets they were getting in their next shipment was the Vestas Wind Turbine and some other set that I wasn't remotely interested in. 

1 hour ago, Thanos75 said:

One of the employees at my local Lego store needed some money and asked if I was interested in some employee Christmas sets....I said yes...of course.

Screenshot_20200525-135107.png

How many bones did that set you back!? One of those dream sets that I would have to bricklink if I ever wanted it. Congrats!

2 hours ago, Brystheguy said:

I was at the LEGO store yesterday (two groups at a time, all floor displays gone, had to stay on the yellow tile in the middle and employees will get the sets you want. No handling the merchandise) and I overheard them say the only big sets they were getting in their next shipment was the Vestas Wind Turbine and some other set that I wasn't remotely interested in. 

Sounds miserable.  Strips all the joy of going to a Lego store in the first place. 

2 hours ago, Brystheguy said:

I was at the LEGO store yesterday (two groups at a time, all floor displays gone, had to stay on the yellow tile in the middle and employees will get the sets you want. No handling the merchandise). 

This is what my favorite LEGO store manager told me they were planning.  In NJ it will be weeks before they open the malls and allow foot traffic.  When they do, LEGO will have "teams" of employees working together.  So if one employee becomes sick, it doesn't wipe out their entire store, just one "team" of employees will have to go into quarantine. 

Re: not touching the merchandise; can you imagine someone who is sick coughing on the merchandise and then leaving the store so everyone else inside can get sick?  Or the LEGO play area having one sick kid touching and coughing on the bricks and every kid that day touching those same bricks?

The "new normal" is going to be a royal pain in the butt and not fun for anyone for the next several months. 

More than likely, the large sets are going to be the ones backlogged.  My favorite store was sold out of all their larger sets within four days of doing curb-side pickup (I had called back that weekend because I forgot to ask about the Disney Castle.  But I'm betting that is the Disney version of the Death Star so I'm not too worried).  On the other hand, they have a glut of smaller sets because no one is doing curb-side pickup for $15 or $30 sets.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, exracer327 said:

This is what my favorite LEGO store manager told me they were planning.  In NJ it will be weeks before they open the malls and allow foot traffic.  When they do, LEGO will have "teams" of employees working together.  So if one employee becomes sick, it doesn't wipe out their entire store, just one "team" of employees will have to go into quarantine. 

Re: not touching the merchandise; can you imagine someone who is sick coughing on the merchandise and then leaving the store so everyone else inside can get sick?  Or the LEGO play area having one sick kid touching and coughing on the bricks and every kid that day touching those same bricks?

The "new normal" is going to be a royal pain in the butt and not fun for anyone for the next several months. 

More than likely, the large sets are going to be the ones backlogged.  My favorite store was sold out of all their larger sets within four days of doing curb-side pickup (I had called back that weekend because I forgot to ask about the Disney Castle.  But I'm betting that is the Disney version of the Death Star so I'm not too worried).  On the other hand, they have a glut of smaller sets because no one is doing curb-side pickup for $15 or $30 sets.

I 100 % agree with you on the Disney Castle..it dont get why more people do not have this opinion.I think it is their flagship Set, their Signature Set. I guess it will be more like the T1 and than after 12 Years it will taj mahal its way back with some little changes...

• Like 1

75158 Rebel Combat Frigate NISB.  $250 +ship

I bit the bullet...Ahsoka is ON FIRE...even the Hasbro Black Series figure pre-order sold out in 5 hours...(she's the only one to do so).  I'm only in 2nd season of Clone Wars but just the idea of her facing off with Darth Vader later ...gives me chills in terms of an epic story-line

I also got the Umbaran MHC (75013) NISB..big walking canon thingy which has her 2nd most exclusive MF...$119 plus ship

I think I'm doing this reseller thing wrong

Edited by $20 on joe vs dan
  • Haha 4

I bit the bullet...Ahsoka is ON FIRE...even the Hasbro Black Series figure pre-order sold out in 5 hours...(she's the only one to do so).  I'm only in 2nd season of Clone Wars but just the idea of her facing off with Darth Vader later ...gives me chills in terms of an epic story-line
I also got the Umbaran MHC (75013) NISB..big walking canon thingy which has her 2nd most exclusive MF...$119 plus ship
Ooh, I remember the $16 Umbarans from target; that took forever to climb.
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, redghostx said:
11 minutes ago, $20 on joe vs dan said:

that's just mean

4 hours ago, benjamin4172 said:

I 100 % agree with you on the Disney Castle..it dont get why more people do not have this opinion.I think it is their flagship Set, their Signature Set. I guess it will be more like the T1 and than after 12 Years it will taj mahal its way back with some little changes...

Slightly modified minifigures too.  Micky + Minnie and a few new ones.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, redghostx said:
5 hours ago, $20 on joe vs dan said:
that's just mean

Not really mean because it was available online and for enough time, and Target had a LOT to get rid of. It's not like going in a time machine to find them or seeing them at one store only.

according to brickset it was released in 2013 so during my dark ages...my boy was 2 years old and LEGO was the last thing on my mind

I know it is hard to compare between countries as RTP is very different.

But I just bought a sealed 4002019 for 1500 DKK ($221,67) on Facebook marketplace. I got to recommend that place as it is where people sell things without having the first clue about the market value of the items they are selling. So, if you would like to scoop up great finds that the place to be.

I saw the set was listed as 400219 so if people had searched for 4002019 it did not show up. Had been on sale for over a week.

The going rate in Denmark is currently $258,61 excluding shipping for the set on the largest marketplace (dba.dk). Guess I could stock up on those and sell on Bricklink.. lowest sealed there is $358,02 right now.

Then I saw she also had a sealed 75098 listed for same price. I bought that as well without trying to push the price down or anything. I thought the prices where more than reasonable.

She herself offered to pay the shipping cost.

I asked her if she worked at LEGO but she was selling on behalf of a friend who was not good at the internet stuff.

I have not received it yet thought as she has yet to send it so who knows. If she packs it good it will be a great profit :)

Last week I bought a sealed 21310 for $214,72 including shipping and 2 x used 4195 for $413,78.

I am moving away from selling these sets in Denmark but instead trying to sell them on Bricklink or Catawiki. I bought a 4000005 last month for $304,28 and sold it for $428,56 on Bricklink a week ago. That's a decent profit. Those sets are underappreciated in Denmark but not internationally.

13 hours ago, redghostx said:
13 hours ago, $20 on joe vs dan said:

Oh yeah, good times, but also bad times because as you said, they took forever to climb. I held onto them for about two years and unloaded them for $30 and was fine with that. Crazy times we're in.

Same thing with 9525 Star Wars Pre Vizsla's Mandalorian Fighter. I had a few I picked up for $30. I couldn't even unload them for $35 after more than a year. And now thanks to SIP and Mandalorian, the damn thing is go ape sh*t. 

after the warp speed jump by the Mega Construx Enterprise...I hopped on the He-Man Grayskull Castle.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07HKV9339/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

the way things are going these will likely not drop below $100 which is what I was waiting for. Even the AMZ listing went from "only 4" to "only 1 in stock"...🙄

Personal opinion: it's an epic set w/ full cast of characters and well designed iconic castle and huge at 3500 pieces...I wanted one for personal build ever since learning about it last year.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, $20 on joe vs dan said:

after the warp speed jump by the Mega Construx Enterprise...I hopped on the He-Man Grayskull Castle.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07HKV9339/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

the way things are going these will likely not drop below $100 which is what I was waiting for. Even the AMZ listing went from "only 4" to "only 1 in stock"...🙄

Personal opinion: it's an epic set w/ full cast of characters and well designed iconic castle and huge at 3500 pieces...I wanted one for personal build ever since learning about it last year.

Yeah, I was waiting for the $99 barrier to be broken before picking it up.  Sadly, doesn't look like that will happen now.  But then again, my $99 Enterprise is up on eBay right now, so...

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Alpinemaps said:

Yeah, I was waiting for the $99 barrier to be broken before picking it up.  Sadly, doesn't look like that will happen now.  But then again, my $99 Enterprise is up on eBay right now, so...

GameStop has Castle Grayskull at $75. Out of stock there but I recently did online chat with Target for a price match. Received couple days ago.

32 minutes ago, bonedaddy77 said:

GameStop has Castle Grayskull at $75. Out of stock there but I recently did online chat with Target for a price match. Received couple days ago.

Mostly joking, do you feel like you are cheating by letting that non-lego brand into your home? 🤭

Edited by baublitz

1 hour ago, bonedaddy77 said:

Target.com price matched even though gamestop.com was out of stock?

• Confused 1

57 minutes ago, Mark Twain said:

Some happy kids in the house today. Nice luckc8dad08a41eac83a29e5b23bfef9a6e2.jpg
to find Amazon was cheapest on 45023.

Some happy kids in the house today. Nice luckc8dad08a41eac83a29e5b23bfef9a6e2.jpg
to find Amazon was cheapest on 45023.

just saw the promo on LEGO Shop at Home for the Education Series...what do folks think as resell potential?  kinda screams "grandchildren Christmas gifts"

just saw the promo on LEGO Shop at Home for the Education Series...what do folks think as resell potential?  kinda screams "grandchildren Christmas gifts"

Not much. SAH just started that and only put up a handful of sets and none of them were the mini figures series. They aren’t advertised well, which is unfortunate because I think they’re far more interesting than the people packs I’ve seen. 45101 Fairy Tale is retired and I picked it up on eBay for $25. It doesn’t include all of the parts on the box and was an expansion set for the Serious Story Telling $1000 education crate.

Not much. SAH just started that and only put up a handful of sets and none of them were the mini figures series. They aren’t advertised well, which is unfortunate because I think they’re far more interesting than the people packs I’ve seen. 45101 Fairy Tale is retired and I picked it up on eBay for $25. It doesn’t include all of the parts on the box and was an expansion set for the Serious Story Telling $1000 education crate.